Game crashes before launch - post patch

Skyelatte

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Referencing the Razer product issues that we've been having. Using just a Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma headset, and everything else Corsair/Logitech, I think I've narrowed down a personal fix for this issue. Real quick, I'll go through what happened to me so you guys can read through and see if this works.

1. Started game, crashed. Did this about 5 times, while disabling Synapse/etc other services and ensuring SDK and GameScanner were still disabled from earlier. They were.

2. Game crashed a few more times after trying to launch it, this time giving me a (4049) Error. For those of you that don't know, this is the GameGuard folder error. You just delete the GameGuard folder in the NCSOFT folder, and the game will repair/relaunch itself. Seems to work. Didn't work today.

3. Decided to turn off the games auto-restart. Repaired files using the NCSOFT Game Launcher. (Little thing that pops up with BnS when you start the game.)

4. Upon repairing, I ALSO turned on Razer SDK Service and Razer GameScanner in my services. Those both on are allowing the game to work. I will update this if I find the time to let you know if I continue to crash in-game. They used to cause me to crash in-game almost non-stop. Shouldn't be long.

TL;DR, repair the files. Turn your Razer services back on. This only applies to those of you that have those services. Read that turning them on now works in other threads.

Just now, G4merSylver said:

I sometimes got that one to, I fixed it by starting the launcher > starting the game > letting it crash > looking for the NCSoft Module in the TaskMGR > Stopping that Process > Launching the Game. Worked for me to this point.

i tried but after 10 mins i crashed again

12 minutes ago, Imith said:

Enable Chroma SDK worked foe me just close it again when you are ingame so you wont crash

worked for me as well.

I don't think you have to close it either, as long as the "enable chroma keyboard" setting in the options isn't switched on.

Archived