Really NcSoft? Chat is broken.

Lup

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boo, it seems you're the only one who see's it as such. And as a coder youre playing on another companies games, where are your's at though? These people are dealing with several problems. Several problems being all thrown at them at once. That is a big stress itself, you think they are some sort of machine that should do it right 24/7? I espect mistakes from everyone. Stop being a little kid and grow the *cricket* up and let them handle it. Like I said, if you feel strongly abour their job get a job here and you help them do it. Otherwise, your talk means nothing but another whining little baby running its mouth because of a little problem. 

Jfc even the forums are messing up now and I can't quote properly.

They don't have a lot of problems being thrown at them. This isn't some normal/random issue that's completely understandable. This is them doing things no one wants, several players have expressed their concern/dislike for putting a limit on the chat anyway. Majority of people simply asked for the block list limit to be removed, no one asked for this. So this is all NCSoft's doing, and again, testing, testing, they didn't test, they just threw the patch on there.

No one is asking for anything perfect so I don't know what your issue is. But if it's such a problem, you can simply not read this thread. :O Shocker? I know right? You can remove your self from this and go smell your hand while everyone else discuss this issue. Cause as a paying customer I can gripe about them doing something so amateur for a company that's been around as long as they have. 

6 minutes ago, Estellia said:

if you feel strongly abour their job get a job here and you help them do it. Otherwise, your talk means nothing but another whining little baby running its mouth because of a little problem. 

Hello Mr. Fanboi,

NCsoft is not some small start-up company in the MMO scene. In fact, they are running multiple other MMOs and have the experience. BnS is running since years on their asian servers. We are not talking about rocket science but something more common like cooking noodles.

Imagine buying an expensive car from a well-know company. You'd expect it to work as the name stands for a certain degree of quality and the company itself is know to have very much experience with building cars in the past.

I just dont understand how they could put up a patch without testing it. Come on, this is not some minor hidden failure but a absolute obvious one! They were working on the chat!

3 minutes ago, Andunye said:

Hello Mr. Fanboi,

NCsoft is not some small start-up company in the MMO scene. In fact, they are running multiple other MMOs and have the experience. BnS is running since years on their asian servers. We are not talking about rocket science but something more common like cooking noodles.

Imagine buying an expensive car from a well-know company. You'd expect it to work as the name stands for a certain degree of quality and the company itself is know to have very much experience with building cars in the past.

I just dont understand how they could put up a patch without testing it. Come on, this is not some minor hidden failure but a absolute obvious one! They were working on the chat!

Fanboi LOL this is the only game I have ever played in NCSOFT but they are not the only ones who had this problem. Gpotato, Perfect World Entertainment, Flyff itself had several gold spammers in whom they had to combat and made mistakes over. Also. Mr gender confused dipshit, it's still new. It hasnt even been out over here for that long It is a Korean game and they had to translate said game to english. Prius had failures, Perfect world had failures, Jade Dynasty had failures, get over it. Even Tera had its ups and downs before, its a freaking stinking chat you can chat anywhere. Many chat in TS or whatever, do it there read a book, go to facebook, call your friend. Its not a big *cricket*ing deal.

1 minute ago, Xenosaga said:

Wait for a while, it might silenced again. Will check it soon with restarting game.

Yeah it is I had to log out for something. I don't mind too much I'm just doing dailies right now and likely will be leaving my house in about 30 minutes for some things 

After restart game, no hotfix is seen. Cannot talk already when logged in in Faction / Clan channels.

Still bugged.

The Faction channel is even empty, seems almost no one can talk. Very shameful problem.
The mmo feels now in "solo mode" = everyone plays themselves because they cannot talk with others.

http://www.e-chat.co/room/114272

More members are there, you are free to come and talk.

30 minutes ago, Estellia said:

Fanboi LOL this is the only game I have ever played in NCSOFT but they are not the only ones who had this problem. Gpotato, Perfect World Entertainment, Flyff itself had several gold spammers in whom they had to combat and made mistakes over. Also. Mr gender confused dipshit, it's still new. It hasnt even been out over here for that long It is a Korean game and they had to translate said game to english. Prius had failures, Perfect world had failures, Jade Dynasty had failures, get over it. Even Tera had its ups and downs before, its a freaking stinking chat you can chat anywhere. Many chat in TS or whatever, do it there read a book, go to facebook, call your friend. Its not a big *cricket*ing deal.

You're arguing with people and you don't even know why people are upset.
No one expects the spammers to be completely gone. People that have played more than 2 MMOs know THE ONLY way to get rid of them is for NO ONE to buy gold.
No one is expecting anything perfect.
No one is mad about maintenance.

We're mad at the fact that they didn't test this, they just threw it up there. That says a lot about how they handle things, they took the game down twice in a roll. Okay, new launch, things are going to happen, no biggie. But when you take the game down for FIVE AND A HALF hours to only make things worse. Trying to fix an issue with a solution no one asked for (again a lot of players just want the block list limit removed), yeah people are going to be annoyed.

14 minutes ago, Lup said:

You're arguing with people and you don't even know why people are upset.
No one expects the spammers to be completely gone. People that have played more than 2 MMOs know THE ONLY way to get rid of them is for NO ONE to buy gold.
No one is expecting anything perfect.
No one is mad about maintenance.

We're mad at the fact that they didn't test this, they just threw it up there. That says a lot about how they handle things, they took the game down twice in a roll. Okay, new launch, things are going to happen, no biggie. But when you take the game down for FIVE AND A HALF hours to only make things worse. Trying to fix an issue with a solution no one asked for (again a lot of players just want the block list limit removed), yeah people are going to be annoyed.

Lol the reason people are mad is because of chat, simple. This is what you have been speaking about and you have been arguing with me, you didnt have to reply to me at all. Most people, even your topic is about the chat. You are the only one nad about them not testing. Because this is how it reads out. You got skype? Use it

Team Speak? There you go! Whatever, there are plenty of ways to chat and Still play ypur game. 

3 minutes ago, Estellia said:

Lol the reason people are mad is because of chat, simple. This is what you have been speaking about and you have been arguing with me, you didnt have to reply to me at all. Most people, even your topic is about the chat. You are the only one nad about them not testing. Because this is how it reads out. You got skype? Use it

Team Speak? There you go! Whatever, there are plenty of ways to chat and Still play ypur game. 

Yeah you're beyond a fan boy.
>Broken in game feature that didn't have to break.
"Oh well guys, deal with it. It's just broke and you can't be upset that things are broken" Jfc.

I can type anything, in any chat like /say /faction /region etc, but when I press enter it never shows up, like as if I didn't type it, and no one sees my chat at all. There are no speech bubbles in the game either... what is going on?

4 hours ago, Xenosaga said:

Did you just jump to page 6 or did you read other pages too?

http://www.e-chat.co/room/114272

Come for alternative chat if you don't like silenced community ingame.

Don't care what was said o.O was voicing my concern don't care about anyone. Confused as to why you would think I would waste energy at reading other peoples post... like they matter to me LOL. 

Archived