Really NcSoft? Chat is broken.

Lup

8 minutes ago, Qessianna said:

Did u even read the thread? at the first day of this game was amazing,after the "hotfix" it went to shit

It happens, not too many MMOs but stuff like this happens. Game launched over a week ago and is bound to ecounter many bugs in the future, but that list of bugs will become thinner and thinner. Patience.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't seem to chat(or even see chat) in any Channels.. No Guild, Faction, Region.. They were all working on Monday before I went to visit family in another state.  I came home last night and when I tried to log in today I'm not getting anything but system generated message. I have already reset my chat tabs and they still don't work..

If its of any importance, I tried to log into the game from my Brother's computer, but even tho I had my Password and Pin code, the game still wanted an emailed verification code. I didn't have access to my email so I didn't get to log in from that computer.

I'm level 36 too so...

1 minute ago, Hye said:

My boyfriend can see faction chat just fine (full of gold sellers), but I cant.  So it seems it isnt affecting everyone.

Wait, so it's STILL full of gold sellers? Lol Now I know you can't get rid of them but jfc. All they are doing is hindering the actual players. They just need to remove the block list limit until they can figure out a way to get things under control.

1 minute ago, Lup said:

Wait, so it's STILL full of gold sellers? Lol Now I know you can't get rid of them but jfc. All they are doing is hindering the actual players. They just need to remove the block list limit until they can figure out a way to get things under control.

Yup, and guess what, they just leveled to lvl 12 so they can chat.

Removing the block list limit would be awesome...

So now, just try to find out why just some people are getting chat problems.

1 minute ago, Hye said:

Yup, and guess what, they just leveled to lvl 12 so they can chat.

Removing the block list limit would be awesome...

So now, just try to find out why just some people are getting chat problems.

I have no clue why they're acting like some brand new publisher. They have several MMOs that have been around for YEARS. In Aion, they put the block until level 10, bots leveled past it. Now the limit is level 20, bots still level past it, why do they think that would be a solution? 

1 minute ago, Lup said:

I have no clue why they're acting like some brand new publisher. They have several MMOs that have been around for YEARS. In Aion, they put the block until level 10, bots leveled past it. Now the limit is level 20, bots still level past it, why do they think that would be a solution? 

Level limits are never a solution to fight gold sellers, ever. I've seen gold bots max level in other mmos,  they will always find a way.

EDIT: And the game's lagging, idk if its my problem or server problem, but something's not right.

All chat being broken for some people sure is frustrating I would like to at least talk with my clan.

Expecting that they can get rid of all gold spammers is not realistic no matter how old a company NCSoft is just doesn't happen 

Making the block list have no limit would help but it still won't get rid of the problem neither will sweeping bans it's a F2P game accounts can be created again and again and again. The only way likely to stop gold spammers would make it so it was P2P game not F2P 

Just now, Seemslegit said:

Not saying that their dev team is incompetent or anything but look in what state the game is right now .

Seems like testing things before releasing them isn't on the checklist, or is that too much to hope for.

2 minutes ago, Hye said:

Level limits are never a solution to fight gold sellers, ever. I've seen gold bots max level in other mmos,  they will always find a way.

EDIT: And the game's lagging, idk if its my problem or server problem, but something's not right.

It's not lagging for me. "

All of this is just silly, it's like they didn't even test the patch.

2 minutes ago, TalonShina said:

Making the block list have no limit would help but it still won't get rid of the problem neither will sweeping bans it's a F2P game accounts can be created again and again and again. The only way likely to stop gold spammers would make it so it was P2P game not F2P 

Of course making the block list have no limit wouldnt get rid of the problem, but at least would help the players being able to at least read the chat and play the game.

Not being able to read/type in chat sometimes because of the gold sellers spam, sometimes gets in the way to being able to enjoy the game.

It would help till they get a fix at least.

The chat system works for 10-15 minutes (direct after relog) then you cannot post anymore.

You can relog again, it works also for 10-15 minutes, then it's again silenced.

Only Say and Whispers are working.

The script might checked the chat session in a time period (chat speed perhaps) and then it bugged a little to keep real players and bots separated.

If there is no good solution, this should rolled back with earlier working patch and try again. Silenced chat channels is not nice.

Just now, Houlon said:

On the plus side stuff on the store will be working for you to purchase.

I'm not sure about that, I still can't buy stuff from the store. It keeps saying "You've exceeded your purchase limit"

Archived