Forums

Is the game slowly dying?

JSY

14 minutes ago, xaqq said:

yes and no.

But once BDO comes out-yes.

My clan and I will drop our accounts right around march :)
Some of my clan mates already gave up on logging on. Got to level cap, got mushin gear. Got mushin soulshields. I'm done-already know what this game is going to do for the next few years.

And you will all leave BDO just as quickly I'm sure and then migrate to another game to do the same thing... Goodbye then.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xaqq is unfortunately your typical gamer these days. It's also the kind of person that I know will never be playing The Division as they can't afford it, which makes them hate it and say how the game is shit.

I've not noticed the game dying to be honest. People are still enjoying it and it will continue along the same route. When the new patch is released in March, it will draw in new players and others who have taken a break waiting for the new class to appear.

But we'll see how things turn out in the future.

I think the game is doing fine. Look at the channels to get an idea of the number of players playing on your server.

If there´s only 2 channels, means there is not alot of people on, 6+ means alot.

I am a nightperson, and middle of the night 3-4 AM, I´ll be in channel 6-7 and even though at times feel there´s not alot of people, I suddenly find like 15-20 players all fighting mysterious man or something.

1 hour ago, DoowieEU said:

It's also the kind of person that I know will never be playing The Division

It is more likely that people here wont play that because it is an fps game and not targeted at even close to the same audience.

Personally I think the game will do fine until they catch up with content, and that is the point NCSoft are going to have shot themselves in the foot a bit, so all the patches we are getting are 6months worth of content, but we are getting it monthly because they want to catch up asap to where Korea is at because they want the e-spot to become popular asap so they can make money from it, however over the next year while we catch up people are going to start getting used to the content coming every 1-2months, then all of a sudden it is the same 1 dungeon, a few floors of tower and 1 daily area every other time, but to last 6months and that is where non-PvP focus players are going to start hurting, after being used to such a fast speed and the time difference between 1-2 and 6months for the same thing is pretty significant.

Just now, WilhemFaust said:

And you will all leave BDO just as quickly I'm sure and then migrate to another game to do the same thing... Goodbye then.

not really. I've been playing bdo on the korea server for quite a while already(with bad ping, but still way more enjoyable than my experience on bns so far). You guys are just extra salty rn. 

Personally, I rarely leave games if I spend many hours on it. BnS just happens to be a game I don't think will keep me from playing something better, which in this case is BDO.

BDO has a true open world with no laoding screens. While BnS offers 2002 textures straight out of a PS2 and still requires loading screens and instance based gameplay- you expect me to take it seriously?

Any true gamer that has played quality games first over hanging around F2P MMORPGs will tell you that BnS will not age well. Even with BnS's release, the fact that I can still go back to play tera and feel an upgrade is hilarious. Quality actually matters.

Hence the reason why fallout lost to Witcher this year. Great ideas, bad execution=failure to deliver fully (fallout 4 is a great game, however it runs on a really aged engine that looks very last gen). BnS in my eyes will forever be a failure to deliver. Every MMO i've played i'll stick all the way to end game and try to get at least the 2nd best set of gear possible before making any judgement. But by now I know what BnS is going to offer, and it's going to be quite stale.

Meanwhile BDO has executed its main core game very well, any other problems can be patched through, unfortunately BnS looks like it had been rushed out the door on multiple occasions.

Just now, Noxuming said:

Yup, already got bored. Just doing my faction quests and log out. Idc about spammers or botters, but people who using fly hacks. Nah im done with this game. Waiting for bdo.

High five*

C ya there mang. I'ma check out as well before all the haters come back and try to respond.

So just because the game dosent have a 2000 quene the game is dying ? i dont understand your reasoning.

i where in Misty woods yesterday and pvp,ed and like 200+ people where on the same place and it lagged like shit, so yeah. The game isnt dead and there is no quene times for either instances or Arena. So lots of people are still playing the game.

33 minutes ago, xaqq said:

not really. I've been playing bdo on the korea server for quite a while already(with bad ping, but still way more enjoyable than my experience on bns so far). You guys are just extra salty rn. 

Personally, I rarely leave games if I spend many hours on it. BnS just happens to be a game I don't think will keep me from playing something better, which in this case is BDO.

BDO has a true open world with no laoding screens. While BnS offers 2002 textures straight out of a PS2 and still requires loading screens and instance based gameplay- you expect me to take it seriously?

Any true gamer that has played quality games first over hanging around F2P MMORPGs will tell you that BnS will not age well. Even with BnS's release, the fact that I can still go back to play tera and feel an upgrade is hilarious. Quality actually matters.

Hence the reason why fallout lost to Witcher this year. Great ideas, bad execution=failure to deliver fully (fallout 4 is a great game, however it runs on a really aged engine that looks very last gen). BnS in my eyes will forever be a failure to deliver. Every MMO i've played i'll stick all the way to end game and try to get at least the 2nd best set of gear possible before making any judgement. But by now I know what BnS is going to offer, and it's going to be quite stale.

Meanwhile BDO has executed its main core game very well, any other problems can be patched through, unfortunately BnS looks like it had been rushed out the door on multiple occasions.

So yours only arguments that BDO is better are just better graphics and less loading screens? Hello people, here you can see a perfect example of 2016 gamer who rates games only by it's graphics and engine it runs! Gameplay and continent is not that important.
Seriously all these BDO fans just bring out arguments about graphics and open world.... But none talks about gameplay and end-game continent at which BDO sucks. At BDO you start killing open world mobs and at the end you grind same open world mobs after reaching soft cap. Well yes you have crafting, exploring etc etc etc, but if you want that - go play skyrim or games like that which are better than BDO.
Also BDO combat is meh, at beginning it looks awesome, but at the end - group up mobs use same skils as always and collect new group of mobs. You might disagree with that, because you played at KR server and lvl'ing there is easy AF, but I played russian server which has same exp rates as EU/NA and oh god they are extremely low. At BNS you have more freedom and mechanics.

And anyways - BNS and BDO are different type of games so stop with your fanboy sht. We bns players also have a lot to say (I haven't said even half of stuff I would like to say). If you are leaving this game - go, no one is holding you here. Less players means more chances to get into channel when blackwyrm is being killed.  

P.S: BDO is B2P game with cash shop.... Is this smart? No. Can this backfire pearl abyss? Yes. Can this kill game? Yes. BDO has quite similar cash shop as BNS, just BNS is free to play lol

1 hour ago, xaqq said:

Played RU server too and endgame content for BDO is laughable.BDO is a one trick pony and there is a reason it can't even get into the top 100 games played in Korea.It has no content.

28 minutes ago, Ismites said:

Played RU server too and endgame content for BDO is laughable.BDO is a one trick pony and there is a reason it can't even get into the top 100 games played in Korea.It has no content.

It is in the top 100, but the PvP in it was never popular which is why it suffers, Koreans are all about competing with each other, where as in the west PvE in mmo's is just as popular, so there is fairly split focus, BDO will likely do better in the west than in Korea, but with what I have seen of it so far, it is still fairly poor compared to other recent games and I don't think I'll hop onto a sinking ship ^^

And fyi the current list of all games in Korea http://www.gamenote.com/rank_ongame/index.php?search_mode=weekly&genre= LoL is at the very top, no surprise there, bns is 15th, BDO is 82nd.

For me it is. And it started with that RNG box, followed up with a poor "content" update inculding an unexciting daily dash. Another RNG box that got removed after a couple of days without any communication whatsoever. Faction Chat aka the loud community is just disgusting. The Bot situation is not getting any better, heard about arena bots? so its getting worse appearently, oh boy.

I feel just that it's too much to handle for those guys, and this game gets worse by the days. The gameplay got stale for me anyways.

Gotta go play some real games like Overwatch. Cya.

LOL a lot of people are quitting. I know about 3 guilds with 50 members that already left. Why? The lag and ping spikes is unbearable.

Fun fact: They are all from NA/EU and playing on their respective servers. Amazing right? 

Because the game is free to log in but put you a lot of restrictions  (even premium members have some restrictions)

Because the game is built on old technology that causes low fps  no matter how superduper your rig is.

Because launch week is over and this is a grind fest where ppl can pay their way up with real money.

Archived