Is the game slowly dying?

JSY

1 minute ago, Exmas said:

http://br.ign.com/blade-and-soul/15452/news/blade-soul-ultrapassa-1-milhao-de-jogadores "dying" u said,with 1 millions players, and game is new, there are some instability on the servers, it's normal

(New on NA and EU lol)

30-40% of that could be bots.

They could be 'registered' accounts that signed into BnS, they aren't 'active' playerbase.

Gaming sites like those likes to use 'registered' players to hype the game up.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it's dead, my level 40 assassin, I'm deleting when servers come live! I just had too much fun and played to long to keep it alive by trolling in chat like others, I was busy spamming emotes and killing lowbies in jadestone village. 

LOL I love BnS- Ill be the last standing on a dead server I guess, no more mob steals, no more spam, just me and npc's. hmm

Mushin has over 30,000 players so I don't think it's dying. It wasn't a smart idead to open all those new servers though, in a month they will lose a lot of pop and people will cry that they are not on Mushin lol..

4 minutes ago, KaiserxKai said:

At least NCSoft is 'trying' something, which can appeal to dedicated players in that case.

Actually taking the fight to 'criminals' (yes botting to spam gold selling links, to make a profit technically could be criminal in a way, you are trying to make money off of a game you don't literally own, using the publisher's own distribution networks for your own benefits).

I totally agree with you, they are doing something and we can already see some results. Ofc the bots thing is something it's really hard to fight, they always have, sadly, a way to fool the system, but at least there are some progress. I think bots also kind of are through all servers now so that's why also we don't see them much like in the first days.

Anyway guys, really, the game is not dying, yeah ofc It will close a day, but we're talking about the future and not something that's going to happen in the next... what? 10 days?

Just now, DreUd said:

Mushin has over 30,000 players so I don't think it's dying. It wasn't a smart idead to open all those new servers though, in a month they will lose a lot of pop and people will cry that they are not on Mushin lol..

Not a smart idea? People would have lost their shit if they had to deal with massive queue times forever. Since there is cross server dungeon matching low server populations really isn't an issue.

3 minutes ago, Seemslegit said:

Pro tip : People work during the weekdays.

Pro-er tip: NA players between 2000-2010 now has a life in 2015, and has a job, they can afford their own games and prefers higher quality content in games rather than f2p titles.

In Canada for instance, there are FAR more senior class citizens than Children and Adults combined. And we are taking in more immigrants and refugees that aren't used to the lifestyle here or have the same level of affordability for the cost of living to play video games as a luxury (yes you can consider video games a luxury good).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71RaUoaK-6A Look at top right screen see frame rate.

Instead talking about bots we need talk about something very important. Why B&S optimize piece of crap! People deal with bot spam for while, what people can't deal with frames dropping 60 to 4 in heartbeat. This type stuff slowly kill community. People have been complaining about this for while now. AMD FX 8320 8Core 3.50Ghz Ram 8.0GB GTX 950 2GB struggling play old game. Like Batman Arkham Knight again, can't believe nobody said anything about this.

1) they upped the server capacity a little bit ago they said they maxed the servers out as much as they can with out any big issues happening

2) just like any other release, people take time off work for the first few days and after that things start to settle down a little

3) People (as stated above) DID move off the top two most crowded servers onto other servers 

4) Depending on your time zone it can be more busy later or earlier during the day ( I find around 12am EST) Ques start

5) Bots were a BIG problem (as they did also have premium - (though some don't)  

But all in all its a collection of all these things. Don't worry this game is FAR from dead.

I was waiting for this version for soooo long, I have been a pretty hardcore player on CN servers for years, was a point I got bored and played RU servers to max aswell, so when I hear of this west official version was coming a could not wait.

The only hesitation I had was to how they did the business model for the west, may many very successful games in the east  have been brought to the west only to be ruined by their business model or really bad publishers,

ONE thing this game had going for it was the publisher for the west, it was going to be NC themselves which was a huge plus, they know the game, they develop the game the game as been around for years in the east SO they should be well aware of any issues or problems expected as they will no doubt have already seen them in other versions, plus they also publish other games already in the west so they are well experienced.....hmmmm. should be ...... Well I dont know what went wrong but NCwest dont seem to know this game very well and as for all the other multitude of issues with the game from launch, these are all issues EVERY new MMO gets and they are usually prepared for it, while NCwest seem to have been very much overwhelmed by all the problems as if they had no idea these would happen, quite surprising for a company like this who not only have been in this industry for a long time but also have known this game very well for a number of years.

Fist off getting in the game, OK having the two step verification security thing is good, but sometimes do I really have to go through it, tabbing out going to email , going back every single time I log out ? even tabbing out of the game and to the forums I sometimes have to do it, it is starting to get really really annoying now, and that is when it works,  Four times I had to do it just now to get onto the forum !!

The queues at launch, well they was to be expected I guess, and this company should of been well aware of this, BUT all the Gold spammers and no doubt to 1000's of bots farming for them, was well, very overwhelming,THEY manage to get in the game, but 1000's and 1000's of genuine players could not and nothing seemed to be getting done, it came to point were I was thinking about this and the fact that this was not actually doing NC any harm, in fact it was doing them more a favour and kind of pushing more players to buy packs and Premium, just to get in the game, which we know it did, so yeah I have a open mind on that one.

Chat Spam.....hmmm. first dungeon at lvl 20, BUT lvl one gold spammers can spam the looking for group channel, SERIOUSLY !!!! that was like watching an accident about to happen!!!    the chat spam and all the problems with it  were all caused but how it was designed , at least for this version, this should not have happened at all, at least not to the degree it did.

In the game, finally !  Game seems fine everything is same as other versions, no problems here apart from alot of content still missing, but we know it is coming soon, so thats good.  Quite a few things in game caught my attention and it is clear questing and daily quest reward very very little, money wise, some of it is way out of balance, it is like deliberately set up so you dont ever have enough currency to progress without waiting before each stage,  EG; some Moonwater dailys reward like 6 silver on completion, but go to the NPC to buy either a key or a unsealing charm and they are 10 silver each !! hows that make sense ?

Another thing that was brought to my attention recently was free player can not use the mail system , as in they can not send mail until they have purchase and used Ncoin ! most games in the west put restrictions on auction house use, which as become the kind of norm for F2P players, but to restrict mail use is abit OTT, although again something that does work in NC's favour, Gold sellers can not  mail Gold without spending cash....hmmm.... This all made 100% worse for players by the fact they decided to not have active the currency exchange, so yeah starting to look like cash grab but I really hope it does not go down that road that has ruined so many games.

I have actually gone back to playing CN servers also for now has have alot of other EU players from CN I know until all this settles down, if it does, seems to be so many problems and issues with EU that should of been fully aware of by a company that really does know this game better than anybody else,

I try to log today only to realise we have maintenance !!  GG thanks for the warning yesterday,  and not only that it is 5 HOURS long ! ! ! !  so middle of afternoon, early evening EU thats PEAK time EU, GG well thought out planning there.......

The game itself is awesome from my experience with other versions I just hope 'our' version gets on track soon, but as for 90% of the current problems in the game they should simplly not have happend,, most were quite obvious at first look there was a fault by design

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2016 at 11:06 PM, Electroism said:

Personally I think there are a lot of "real players" there on Taywong. I don't know which faction you are on but many of us (including myself) are well known on Crimson Legion chat helping new players out and giving any advice and answers on the chat... and sometimes cracking random ass jokes lol. Personally I think its worth the 5 bucks to test it. I don't know what cheats you met so far but I have seen bots... they aren't too bad. Bots will be in every game its just more noticeable in Korean/Asian games.

im in Crimson Faction.. yes you right there have a lot of real players out there... I've talk many people out there...  and now when my premium expired ive stop playing the game....

On 1/29/2016 at 10:49 AM, kulalice said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71RaUoaK-6A Look at top right screen see frame rate.

Instead talking about bots we need talk about something very important. Why B&S optimize piece of crap! People deal with bot spam for while, what people can't deal with frames dropping 60 to 4 in heartbeat. This type stuff slowly kill community. People have been complaining about this for while now. AMD FX 8320 8Core 3.50Ghz Ram 8.0GB GTX 950 2GB struggling play old game. Like Batman Arkham Knight again, can't believe nobody said anything about this.

Tera's the same and that crap is never gonna be fixed.

It's probably something in their engine that they'll never change.

Just gotta hold out hope the next generation of MMORPG's isn't so lame in those areas.

Aside from the initial hype wave slowly fading, there are some cases in wich you really feel the lack of players. I play on Greenhollow, one of the smaler servers to begin witch, so there is that. Never the less my server is not able to organize a  Blackwyrm in weeks. Even @ prime time the max amount of players i saw there were ~12-15.

Just now, Smexynerdy said:

Aside from the initial hype wave slowly fading, there are some cases in wich you really feel the lack of players. I play on Greenhollow, one of the smaler servers to begin witch, so there is that. Never the less my server is not able to organize a  Blackwyrm in weeks. Even @ prime time the max amount of players i saw there were ~12-15.

well its like that came for pvp rolled BM and got fcked by balanced gameplay while 80% arena are scummoners.well everyone rerolled it i guess and i actualy dont see any BM matches for me thats says something.so my premium expired while didnt got compesated for like4-5 day premium becouse of EU server strugles everyday and now just taking a rest from a game till level 50 patch comes in :3.probably lot of people did it

Alot of people are gone until they give us level 50 and up to date soulshield/equipment. Whats the point in grinding all this crap now when you can just get it alot easier at 50. Then there's the terrible 45 pvp. Basically game is slowly dieing due to NCsofts decision to trickle out content in hopes people will won't realize it.

They increased their server capacity and also added in new servers.

I bet you would be complaining if there * was* a queue. So either way they can't win with you.

And even if it was other people getting bored of it doesn't mean you have to get bored with it. Because why not just copy the rest of the pack right?

yes and no.

But once BDO comes out-yes.

My clan and I will drop our accounts right around march :)
Some of my clan mates already gave up on logging on. Got to level cap, got mushin gear. Got mushin soulshields. I'm done-already know what this game is going to do for the next few years.

Archived