What is holding MMOs to open a SAmerica server?

Shaddark

15 minutes ago, Shaddark said:

If the problem is gold sellers make it p2p than, but I don't think gold sellers rly are the problem for blade and soul.

There has only been 100s of deleted threads, several 1,000+ post threads, threads on Reddit and every game forum that has BNS section, the last few emergency maintenance have all been because of spammers. People have their chat tabs disabled except for say, party and clan. Crafters upset that it takes hours to find a node because 1000s of bots rezoning over and over to get 95% of the nodes.

Yeah, not a problem at all.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Shaddark said:

Why no MMO besides WOW never made a South America server?

We are hungry players, WOW is doing well here, our esports is growing too much, I'm not even an esports hardcore fan and yet this is what I've seen here with games like League of Legends, Dota, CSGO and so on... What is stopping MMOs to open a SA server?

I'm loving this game but 140ms makes it near impossible to PVP, yesterday I tryed PVP, I'm an assassin and I couldn't even hit moving enemies, some times my hide ends and I couldn't even hit or stun. Some times I can't use remove shock skills before they combo me even when I predicted it.

B&S is totaly ping dependant and this is going to force some SA players to quit some time when the hype is gone, the game will be fine but I think some SA servers should bring more profit than only NA servers.

>Remove shock = skill that takes you out of cc (Aion vocabulary lol)

english sorry bad for.

LMAO! Impossible to play? I played on Taiwan for a year with over 250 MS ping against people who played for years before me and I am gold rank. it is not impossible, you just need to adapt. I am Canadian and my ping is higher than yours, but I have no issues being competitive. However I agree, they should have a South American server to get all the BR's out of here. Huehuehue!

4 minutes ago, Kabraxis said:

Because internet in South America is horribly expensive.  Most MMO companies don't find the benefit to meet the cost of bandwidth usage.

This is some truth, but can't they profit from it? When I played Aion I find more BR guilds than NA ones, the number of BR players is not low.

Just now, Voretechz said:

LMAO! Impossible to play? I played on Taiwan for a year with over 250 MS ping against people who played for years before me and I am gold rank. it is not impossible, you just need to adapt. However I agree, they should have a South American server to get all the BR's out of here.

Not for the BRs, Brazil can have it's own BR server, South America actually doesn't include Brazil because they are not LATIN, they are portugueses xP.

19 minutes ago, TinchoX said:

Then you should say so, SA stands for Southern Asia, not "South America".

It stands for many more things then just Southern Asia, it also stands for

SA
South America
South Africa
South Australia 

Southern Asia

Just now, Hypatios said:

It stands for many more things then just Southern Asia, it also stands for

SA
South America
South Africa
South Australia 

Southern Asia

Why thank you, I've learned something new today, now move along...

3 minutes ago, Voretechz said:

LMAO! Impossible to play? I played on Taiwan for a year with over 250 MS ping against people who played for years before me and I am gold rank. it is not impossible, you just need to adapt. However I agree, they should have a South American server to get all the BR's out of here. Huehuehue!

ok man, I say impossible as overstatement, great u could beat some asians on lag but didn't told us about the ones that beat you, it may not happen to you but delay lag *cricket* off most of the people.

1 minute ago, Shaddark said:

ok man, I say impossible as overstatement, great u could beat some asians on lag but didn't told us about the ones that beat you, it may not happen to you but delay lag *cricket* off most of the people.

HAH You got that right "great u could beat some asians on lag", this game is "lower ping wins" always, just like TERA.

5 minutes ago, TinchoX said:

HAH You got that right "great u could beat some asians on lag", this game is "lower ping wins" always, just like TERA.

I like low ping win games when I have low ping lol I also like when the enemy have it this make a fair good gaming experience.

1 minute ago, Shaddark said:

I like low ping win games when I have low ping lol I also like when the enemy have it this make a fair good gaming experience.

My thoughts exactly, take for example League of Legends in LAS, we all have nearly identical pings, and that becomes a test of intellect, instead of struggling with high latency and attempting to predict what to press so you can fool your enemy, the change was so big when I switched from the NA server to LAS, I actually played worse the first 10 or so matches.

Lower ping WINS you online games.

Let me say it to you... They will NEVER make a server for us in South America... Cause the internet here is ultra expensive. "Super Caro".

We just need to play the game with 100+ ms.

Everyone want to play a online game with 80 / 70 / 60 ms.. or less. And more if you like pvp... but as you can see, They will never make a server in south america, because is not profitable... and the economy in south america "sux". maybe 1/10 users for the support of the servers.

So yeah... just stop crying and play the game like a men, if you like pvp like me then play it.. if you win, you win.. if you lose then learn more. I'm playing with 115 / 135 ms... sometimes is 150 ms... and you know what?

If i lose a match in pvp, I don't think about ms... I just say to myself... "I need to learn how to beat those players with my current ms." Even if they are 20ms / 30ms / 40ms / 50ms...++ < 100.

Also, I'm playing KFM... and is the hardest class to use with delay. But I don't care.. I love my KFM and I will learn the hard way to fight those 20 / 60ms users... While I'm 110+ ms user.

(Espero no te ofendas) ... Hope you don't get mad for this reply.

59 minutes ago, Kensho1996 said:

the SA (whether South asia or south america ) being mostly bots seems to be YET ANOTHER derogatory and near racist theme ..

THERE are a lot of botters and spammers in NA and EU as well

lol no there isn't, get our of here with that. You can't change reality just because it's convenient for you. There's objectively a high volume of Gold Sellers and Bots that come out of SA and Asia. Period.

2 minutes ago, Ryuto said:

Let me say it to you... They will NEVER make a server for us in South America... Cause the internet here is ultra expensive. "Super Caro".

Everyone want to play a online game with 80 / 70 / 60 ms.. or less. And more if you like pvp... but as you can see, They will never make a server in south america, because is not profitable... and the economy in south america "sux". maybe 1/10 users for the support of the servers.

So yeah... just stop crying and play the game like a men, if you like pvp like me then play it.. if you win, you win.. if you lose then learn more. I'm playing with 115 / 135 ms... sometimes is 150 ms... and you know what?

If i lose a match in pvp, I don't think about ms... I just say to myself... "I need to learn how to beat those players with my current ms." Even if they are 20ms / 30ms / 40ms / 50ms...++ < 100.

Also, I'm playing KFM... and is the hardest class to use with delay. But I don't care.. I love my KFM and I will learn the hard way to fight those 20 / 60ms users... While I'm 110+ ms user.

Lol those Spanish words were hilarious, while I agree our economy sucks, it is profitable as long as they know what to do with their sales, League of Legends did good converted their prices to local currencies in a pretty affordable way, I MYSELF have bought a lot of RP points just to get a few nice unique skins... but maybe we are comparing apples to lemons here.

Either way, I do agree with you that we will never see the day NCsoft spends a lot of money (And lose even more) by adding a South America server, it would be great of course, but it will never happen.

I suggest a moderator closes this thread to avoid more hilarious posts like the one I quoted :P

3 minutes ago, Ryuto said:

Well said... but ofc, we can dream in having our south american server too. "Playing with 40 / 60ms in pvp would be awesome".

1 minute ago, Changels said:

lol no there isn't, get our of here with that. You can't change reality just because it's convenient for you. There's objectively a high volume of Gold Sellers and Bots that come out of SA and Asia. Period.

that is just subjective .. YOU can't prove it and more than I can prove NA has a lot of gold farmers BUT many of the sites are run from EU and NA which leaves to question WHY??

2 minutes ago, TinchoX said:

Lol those Spanish words were hilarious, while I agree our economy sucks, it is profitable as long as they know what to do with their sales, League of Legends did good converted their prices to local currencies in a pretty affordable way, I MYSELF have bought a lot of RP points just to get a few nice unique skins... but maybe we are comparing apples to lemons here.

Either way, I do agree with you that we will never see the day NCsoft spends a lot of money (And lose even more) by adding a South America server, it would be great of course, but it will never happen.

I suggest a moderator closes this thread to avoid more hilarious posts like the one I quoted :P

Yeah... is better to close this thread. Is making everyone in south america worse. but as Ryonell said.

2 minutes ago, Ryonell said:

Well said... but ofc, we can dream in having our south american server too. "Playing with 40 / 60ms in pvp would be awesome".

We can dream with the day when ncsoft do something for south america.

Tree of Savior also did it too. It's not hard for big companies like them to open servers if they want to. The reason why ToS opened SA was because the BR's brought in a lot of lag issues and they realized they were a big enough community to open servers for so that they could also enjoy lag-free gaming. NCsoft needs to open 1 server so that way everyone is happy and there's less lag in B&S NA

There are no reason they shouldn't put one South America server right now, the costs of the server are really low because of the Brazilian currency are devalued, 

2 years ago R$10.000 was US$5.000 equivalent, now it is R$10.000 = US$2.500,

imagine you have in your bank this value, and from 2 years it worth just half of what u had, it's like them robbing us!

this means they can afford 2 servers with the same cost of 1 server from 1.5 years ago.

I know if they bring this game here they have nothing to loose and they will profit, this is for sure.

They don't even need to translate the game because the majority of players who have access to the game know basic English from school.

Just create another server.. host it on São Paulo (Brazil), and make it official, as simple as that...

I'm hanging on this game on PvE because PVP is  impossible when i can't combo anything, also pvE have some fast boss skills that i take slow response when countering making it a horrible experience.

We need a server on South America, listen to me! If we got nothing from the devs i know there will be a massive drop on player base, and a decrease on growing potential.

7 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Well, in World of Warcraft they have servers for Latin America and others for Brazil. And Oceanic servers too.

If Blizzard can do it, surely NCSoft can too.

+10

That is true if Blizzard can, why NCsoft cant :v it doesnt have sense...

Archived