A suggestion for the start of party dungeons.

Animpowahs

Add a loading screen with % times for every player and when everyone hits 100% it starts. Not sure if it could be done but it will help players with not so good computers and also help with the whole speed running level 45's going to quick for some players. This will also help with knowing if a player is afk or is just having a loading prob.

7 minutes ago, Animpowahs said:

Add a loading screen with % times for every player and when everyone hits 100% it starts. Not sure if it could be done but it will help players with not so good computers and also help with the whole speed running level 45's going to quick for some players. This will also help with knowing if a player is afk or is just having a loading prob.

If you're talking LoL % timers ( the old timers with the ping included ) , good idea .

No thanks.

Here's a hint, if they're afk they won't be running the dungeon with you.

It's beautiful and elegant how they've designed it.

Now if you mean if you want to see the ping or such from an enemy from Arena, that's a different issue which would have an actual use, unlike this.

1 minute ago, Ayauti said:

No thanks.

Now if you mean if you want to see the ping or such from an enemy from Arena, that's a different issue which would have an actual use, unlike this.

Well this is mostly for the players who can't load to well and end up missing a dungeon run or ends up missing to much. This is a very big prob if they are paired with fast level 45 speed runners or just wants to run and do there part quickly. Also some may have very bad loading that they end up being seen as afk when they are just about to get in.

No thanks, I hate games that make you wait due to someone else's internet or hardware.
If you look at the screenshots and notice from playing with people, a lot of people are playing on cardboard boxes. We're also playing with people from other countries outside of NA/EU that are complaining about lag, etc themselves. 

I upgraded my PC to be able to handle the newer games that are coming out. I completely understand that not everyone can afford to do that, however life isn't fair. The only thing I would suggest is having the chat like how it is on FFXIV where even though you're loading in you can still type and let your party know what's going on. 

Just now, Cor said:

Miss out on what? killing some trash mobs? This would just waste time for the rest of the party having to wait for people with bad pcs.

Waiting for like a min wouldn't be to bad but i understand what you're saying. This isn't to big of a prob and it really only effects a small group of people. 

5 minutes ago, Lup said:

No thanks, I hate games that make you wait due to someone else's internet or hardware.
If you look at the screenshots and notice from playing with people, a lot of people are playing on cardboard boxes. We're also playing with people from other countries outside of NA/EU that are complaining about lag, etc themselves. 

I upgraded my PC to be able to handle the newer games that are coming out. I completely understand that not everyone can afford to do that, however life isn't fair. The only thing I would suggest is having the chat like how it is on FFXIV where even though you're loading in you can still type and let your party know what's going on. 

I fully agree with this. It would be best for both really. to be able to tell people what's going on when loading would make things better.

37 minutes ago, Ayauti said:

No thanks.

First I'd like to see my own ping. o.O

But @Topic, no. I don't want to have to wait for 5 minutes because of someones potato computer. I'd much rather already kill the first trash mobs, do some inventory cleaning or even look at the parties character info and whatnot than stare at a loading screen.

I wouldn't mind this, not everyone has the funds to get a super computer, just like back in DSL/Dial-Up times not everyone had the fastest internet/PC and that still stands for a lot of people who don't game that often therefore do not need a beast PC (or even a decent desktop, most have laptops) to play a game. What I dislike about the dungeon system however is that it doesn't stop people from running into the dungeon once the party is created, you're ported to the general area outside the dungeon to repair and get items from your bank and people like to rush in and even if the mobs are trash some dungeons have NPCs at the beginning that need you to clear that trash and do certain tasks in the dungeon. If you're looking for a speed run or want to do it fast then advertise for it, don't do a cross-server queue just to get some meat shields and bonus DPS.

Are you insane? Are you consciously aware of what  you have suggested? 

You believe that x₁'s inability to purchase a satisfactory computer is a justifiable cause for inconveniences and annoyances to all X∈E except x₁?

I advise you to consider the absurdity of your thoughts.  

1 minute ago, Cynic said:

Are you insane? Are you consciously aware of what  you have suggested? 

You believe that x₁'s inability to purchase a satisfactory computer is a justifiable cause for inconveniences and annoyances to all X∈E except x₁?     

I advice you to consider the absurdity of your thoughts.  

Well i don't expect for every loading screen to have a long time since once again the people with bad loads are pretty rare from what i see and if you do run into a long one and have to wait for around 1 to 3mins maybe a combination of this and Lup's idea. Being able to talk while waiting would be less annoying ( at least to me ). 

Archived