do you think some classes are over powered ? do you think some could even need a serious nerf ?

ianngo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it is an issue atm. Some classes are stronger then others right now, but I wouldn't go as far as to say they were Over Powered.

The hardest part for me has been learning what every class does. it is a lot of animation memorization, and I find as I get used to see the moves I improve. I cannot give a good take on if someone is over powered if I myself lack the experience to properly judge.

its really hard to judge a game before 1/4 of the content is released.... with the addition of skillpoints/skill books pvp will change quite a bit over the next few months so if you want a real opinion ask a korean :D jaesungs pretty good at answering these questions :D

I've played several classes now, though only Summoner and Force Master to end game. Both of which are very direct damage dealers with limited CC. From that I'd say a few need small boosts at most and no one needs nerfs. The PvE level grind is very bumpy for most classes, with most not seeming to keep on a incremental increase in ability and instead seem to get no better for several levels until an improvement happens. This means the fall behind the mobs from time to time, which do have a steady progression, or suddenly jump past the mobs and have total ability to wreck them.

13 minutes ago, Selene said:

blade masters/dancers  I really don't know much about those fks but when I'm vs blade masters most of the fight I am in the air or stunned.. have no idea what to do to avoid it lol.. (playing force master)

Um from what i can say with my limited experience, it is more of a race between you two, who gets stunlocked first. If you freeze them first, Force master has the abilities to keep them frozen until they essentially die. If they catch you first, you are dead. I have not figured a way to get out of their rotation, unless they make a mistake.

My personal bane of existence are cat owners. I just can't figure out, who should be my primary target, the player or their pet, or how to keep the pet efficiently at bay as Force master. Maybe someone has tips?

2 minutes ago, RustyCircuit said:

My personal bane of existence are cat owners. I just can't figure out, who should be my primary target, the player or their pet, or how to keep the pet efficiently at bay as Force master. maybe someone has tips?

That's the advantage of the Summoner, if you go for one and not the other then the one that is free to act will smack you around. btw go for the pet first as it has less HP in arena, so as long as you can live through the punishment from the summoner until it's dead he needs time to resurrect it and alone is much easier to handle.

15 minutes ago, Selene said:

blade masters/dancers  I really don't know much about those fks but when I'm vs blade masters most of the fight I am in the air or stunned.. have no idea what to do to avoid it lol.. (playing force master)

Tell me about it, that friggen spin crap is annoying from BD's, kinda hard to get my stuns out when they just spin and put me on cooldown.

As a FM versing a Summoner, i always nuke down their pet first, i litterally nuke it with all i have of my cd's, meteor shower, insta inferno and what not, i kill it and then the summoner is easy as pie, just remember to have the 30% health regen frost shield when vs against a summoner, since the battle wont take more than a minute.

Beyond that FM's are seriously gimped atm, we don't have enough CC or CC breakers like other classes do, and several of our skills are broken to be point of being ridiculous , like Tornado or Snowball , can't remember its specific tier, but there is a snowball thats supposed to cancel defensive skills for 6 seconds and keep them cancelled, yet i see BM's BD's and every other class still being able to both use attack / defensive skills, despise it supposedly supposed to be unavailable , since Tornado definitly says on tooltip it prevents any and all attack + defensive skill from being used for 4 seconds.

And there is no such way to keep them in perma frozen state, they can just use one of their many cc breakers, FM vs FM, yes its possible, but beyond that, no, as a FM i have 2 CC breakers, which is both on 30+ sec cd's , against DD's and their stupid spin to win , grab and punch face, simply can't touch them really, just being able to maintain your gold rank in 1v1 is a miracle as you need some serious *cricket*ing asian skills to master it down to the very minimum, even Jaesun a korean master of BnS is only Gold ranking as a FM , still hasn't hit plat yet.

Why is it always about nerfs? why not bring those who might be underpowered up a notch? 

Nerfing usually breaks classes totally. Now I play a summoner and someone above said the recent Korean patch broke them for me to stop playing it it would have to be overly overly bad. 

1 minute ago, theshadow99 said:

That's the advantage of the Summoner, if you go for one and not the other then the one that is free to act will smack you around. btw go for the pet first as it has less HP in arena, so as long as you can live through the punishment from the summoner until it's dead he needs time to resurrect it and alone is much easier to handle.

last night in arena my pet still had more HP than me and when my husband and I sparred he said he was doing like no damage to the pet but the damage the pet was doing to him was killer. The skills he got off on me hit hard 

2 minutes ago, TalonShina said:

Why is it always about nerfs? why not bring those who might be underpowered up a notch? 

Nerfing usually breaks classes totally. Now I play a summoner and someone above said the recent Korean patch broke them for me to stop playing it it would have to be overly overly bad. 

Because right now you have lvl ~20 summoners who are approaching PLAT , without half of their skills even unlocked, that class is so retarded its hilarious , i choose to play FM because of the difficulty, but i didn't however know half of skills are broken on FM

I'ld say wait for the 10th feb patch before drawing any conclusions. The balance seems to be better in korea.

Even though I have to say that summoners are driving me nuts at the moment. Partly because they have insane damage, healing, stealth and CC  while being able to kite easily and partly because the targeting system is horrid.

Considering the korean ladder the extra skillpoints should defitely make breaking out of CC easier and improve the matchup.

1 minute ago, Poeticintellect said:

i feel blade dancer is on the weak end of the classes but i feel its more for PVE than anything. but kung fu master in general is pretty strong at early levels compared to my BD. can literally 1 hit mobs with that fire punch.

I don't know what you're talking about, BD do a TONNE of damage at low levels and while leveling. Quick draw kills almost everything instantly.

Archived