Banned for being AFK?

zxappyy

2 hours ago, Bananaz said:

People love to say " i didn't do anything" If you are actually banned, you did something. They didn't wake up one morning and decide they're going to just ban you because they're bored.

That's a stupid way of thinking and is completely ignorant.

Prime example: I use to play Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Online. Was on and off the game for a while. One of the times I had came back from a long extended break I found out my account had been banned. Contacted support asking why I was banned even though I hadn't played for quite a while. Turns out someone from another country had gotten into my account and spammed gold selling websites. Obviously the IPs didn't match and they were spamming so they banned it. Once I provided the correct credentials they unbanned my account.

Don't assume that people who get banned are all cheaters/hackers/etc.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Vihtori said:

Prime example: I use to play Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Online. Was on and off the game for a while. One of the times I had came back from a long extended break I found out my account had been banned. Contacted support asking why I was banned even though I hadn't played for quite a while. Turns out someone from another country had gotten into my account and spammed gold selling websites. Obviously the IPs didn't match and they were spamming so they banned it. Once I provided the correct credentials they unbanned my account.

Same exact thing happen to me and cabal 1.

Also another good example is right here. WTFast was proven to get you banned if you use it. Ncwest already unbanned most of them and also said is not suppose to happen.

Things happen, not sure if op is guilty or not but they can be banned with no good reason. Like dancing (who knows?).

Afking in game, without a program or without an intention to avoid queue is not a reason to ban someone. Warn him? Yes. Kick him out of the game? Yes. Perma ban him? hell no.

If this is the reason he got banned, he will be unbanned . If he doesn't tell the truth that is.

1 minute ago, Rey said:

Same exact thing happen to me and cabal 1.

Also another good example is right here. WTFast was proven to get you banned if you use it. Ncwest already unbanned most of them and also said is not suppose to happen.

Things happen, not sure if op is guilty or not but they can be banned with no good reason. Like dancing (who knows?).

Afking in game, without a program or without an intention to avoid queue is not a reason to ban someone. Warn him? Yes. Kick him out of the game? Yes. Perma ban him? hell no.

If this is the reason he got banned, he will be unbanned . If he doesn't tell the truth that is.

Exactly. I'm sure most banning systems are probably somewhat, if not fully, automated. These things are definitely NOT perfect.

You might not have directly contributed to the ban, but your account was used for a bannable activity.  Same thing.  Most instances of when the account is banned without the direct control of the owner is because the owner gave out their information, either to receive power leveling or gave to a "friend".  In both cases the account owner is still the direct cause of said banning.  In fact, the only time I've seen bans removed in situations like that is when the company has failed to properly protect player accounts.

38 minutes ago, Rey said:

No, there is no reason because you're completely retarded and you're playing with every word.

You called me out in the first place because i said "dancing is not bannable even if you do it for hours" now you changed everything to "i never said that, if you do things to avoid afk kicker will get you ban"

Changing every word with every breeze ain't a thing i want to do in a forum war. So yeah, why even care about you? 

My question: 

" There is a rumor that dancing will not get you kick out of the game and if you do so you will be banned if reported. Is it true? Do you really get ban for dancing? An in game feature because the afk kicker can't detect it? "

Everything we do should be banned if ncsoft daycare does not approve? Don't be stupid. They are not suppose to babysit us and ban for everything. Kicking, warnings are also a thing. So, please...cut the crap

You're the man Rey! If the game can't detect the in game feature. how they can detect the 3rd party app? Am I right? The point here is does the Dancing really can bypass the AFK Kicker. (Make Sense) Thanks for making a way to clear this things out..! yeah

if I hear afk kick then I think it work something like "The game doesn't receive any input from the player for a given time". Who the heck should imagine that an animation in a loop prevents the afk software to detect you. If the afk software really reacts to animations, than why I doesn't react to the idle animation of the chars? Just because you triggered the emote with a keypress/chat command once?

Just now, BullsI said:

You might not have directly contributed to the ban, but your account was used for a bannable activity.  Same thing.  Most instances of when the account is banned without the direct control of the owner is because the owner gave out their information, either to receive power leveling or gave their info to someone.  In both cases the account owner is still the direct cause of said banning.  In fact, the only time I've seen bans removed in situations like that is when the company has failed to properly protect player accounts.

That's not the same thing rofl. The account was used but I myself didn't do anything to cause the ban (which is what the other guy was implying).

And believe it or not I never gave out my information for that account. Had too many precious event demons. However I will admit fault for not changing my password as often as I should have, but that's what happens when you stop playing a game for a year or more. You tend to forget about it.

11 minutes ago, Rugba said:

no I do not since I don't sit afk dancing waiting for it to stop, are you 100% sure it stops?, if so, the OP is lying and got banned for something else.

@zxappyy the point is nobody knows why you got banned or why afk kicker didn't kick you, only you know that and ncsoft.

I've left it many times dancing and gone AFK after and before AFK kick was implemented and every time I came back after a longer while it had automatically stopped. And still, it's just an idle animation, it doesn't differ if you were standing doing nothing at all. For it to prevent kick you would need to retype the dance command time to time, but it doesn't differ from just hitting mouse button to prevent that.

This happened to me on other games like Elsword.  I got banned for getting free gold from my friend when I first started.  Turns out he was doing suspicious activity, so everyone he gave gold to was banned.  My ban wasn't repealed and I wasn't even allowed to see the evidence.  So they had a lot of people wait for their 2 months ban to end.

Another game would be Vindictus.  I was banned because of suspicious activity until they realized my account was hacked because of an issue in their security.  

For Aeriagames, I actually got banned because someone wanted to troll me, and I had to wait a few days for my account to be unbanned.

I had another run in with Nexon when you can get banned on Combat Arms for camping with a sniper or getting the best KDR in a match because elite moderators, or players who paid money, can report you and kick you for no reason. 

4 minutes ago, Vihtori said:

That's not the same thing rofl. The account was used but I myself didn't do anything to cause the ban (which is what the other guy was implying).

And believe it or not I never gave out my information for that account. Had too many precious event demons. However I will admit fault for not changing my password as often as I should have, but that's what happens when you stop playing a game for a year or more. You tend to forget about it.

It is the same thing, the account was banned for specifically bannable actions.  It doesn't matter who does it, its still a perfectly valid and reasonable ban.  The only difference with your case is the action probably happened because the account information was compromised by their failures.  Heck, most publishers wont even go that far and say "too bad, should have changed your password".

On true topic:  I bet the OP loaded a bot or macro while he was afk. 

2 minutes ago, BullsI said:

It is the same thing, the account was banned for specifically bannable actions.  It doesn't matter who does it, its still a perfectly valid and reasonable ban.  The only difference with your case is the action probably happened because the account information was compromised by their failures.  Heck, most publishers wont even go that far and say "too bad, should have changed your password".

On true topic:  I bet the OP loaded a bot or macro while he was afk. 

I'm not saying that the action of them banning the account was wrong or that the ban itself was wrong (TBH I was glad they did so I didn't lose anything). My point was that just because someone gets banned, that doesn't automatically mean that they, the TRUE account holder, did something against the TOS to get banned. I used my experience as an example because my account was banned but I wasn't the one doing anything against the TOS. If I had posted on a forum asking why I was banned people would have immediately jumped to the same conclusion that I must have done something to get banned and that it was my own fault, which it wasn't as it was someone else who had taken control of my account.

41 minutes ago, Rugba said:

no I do not since I don't sit afk dancing waiting for it to stop, are you 100% sure it stops?, if so, the OP is lying and got banned for something else.

@zxappyy the point is nobody knows why you got banned or why afk kicker didn't kick you, only you know that and ncsoft.

I didn't know that the dance will stop too, i just leave it and believe that i would be kick. but when i came back. my account was already banned.

And you're kind of missing my point.  I'm saying it is HIGHLY unlikely that the account was banned for no reason (even banning for WTFast is technically a reason even if silly).  If you stop playing now and someone breaks into your account and gets it banned, lets say you go to the forums with the problem instead of doing the correct thing and going to support.  You'll say, "Hey guys, just tried playing after X years and my accounts banned, what's with that?"  The response you get will be something along the lines of "Someone else must have done it on your account, did you give your info out?"  or, "Maybe your account got hacked".  It's all about context.  This guys saying he was in full control at all times but he got banned.  That says to me, HE did something.  Could it be an incorrect ban?  Sure, but its EXTREMELY rare overall.

2 minutes ago, BullsI said:

And you're kind of missing my point.  I'm saying it is HIGHLY unlikely that the account was banned for no reason (even banning for WTFast is technically a reason even if silly).  If you stop playing now and someone breaks into your account and gets it banned, lets say you go to the forums with the problem instead of doing the correct thing and going to support.  You'll say, "Hey guys, just tried playing after X years and my accounts banned, what's with that?"  The response you get will be something along the lines of "Someone else must have done it on your account, did you give your info out?"  or, "Maybe your account got hacked".  It's all about context.  This guys saying he was in full control at all times but he got banned.  That says to me, HE did something.  Could it be an incorrect ban?  Sure, but its EXTREMELY rare overall.

Well too be fair, I think we were coming from two different directions about two slightly different topics haha

But the end of your post does have merit.

Anyone who plans to leave for 2 hours and doesn't log off is probably intending to circumvent the AFK kick.  My guess is you turned on auto-run, maybe weighted some keys and ran in circles to make sure AFK kick didn't boot you, and my guess is a bunch of people reported you for it. 

Simulating activity like that to not get booted off the server is the kind of thing BOTs do.  If you're going to act like a bot for 2 hours and likely get spam reported for it then you're playing with fire.  You rolled the dice, lost and probably got caught up in a ban-wave for suspicious activity. 

I'm of the opinion that in the case of in-game exploits, bans should not  be handed out before warnings, unless explicitly stated within the rules. Take for example other things which are essentially exploits, such as animation cancelling, would you want people to suddenly start getting banned for that? I'm all for punishments in cases where said exploit significantly gets people ahead, such as if someone were to find a wait to rapidly earn gold, by simply removing the advantage they gained, followed by a warning.

Though repeat offenders deserve a ban in my book.

2 hours ago, Vihtori said:

Uhh.. they saw an account that was spamming gold selling sites and banned it. Sounds like a good reason to me. Again, they did not wake up in the morning and was bored so decided to ban your account. You contacted them and the issue was solved. I think you misunderstand me. I am not saying that this guy is wrong or deserves to be banned, what i am saying is that they don't just randomly find an account and ban it, they ban it if something is wrong/suspicious and i want to doubt that he was banned literally for no reason. Even if a company is bad at running a game (not saying this one is), they won't just randomly see an account and decide to ban it, they want to increase the player base of their games. What happened to your account was unfortunate but it was a good reason for being banned and you contacted them and proved that it was yours, thus, the issue was resolved. Likewise, there must be a reason why this account was banned, whether or not you think it's a good reason and if all the guy was doing was dancing, i am sure they will reply to the ticket and clear it up. Maybe i worded it incorrectly but i just meant that there is always a reason as to why an account was banned and i certainly did not assume he is a cheater or hacker.

14 hours ago, Magozz said:

Sounds like another autorun afker. Watch yourself you could be next. 

I don't see how you find being banned for trying to hold spots by trying to exploit an afk kicker "stupid". This person literally held a spot for supposedly 2 hours, but knowing how people on the internet lie could've been double/triple that(probably went to sleep with autorun on) and you want them to code better afk detection. No need when they could juist banned players like you. People are just ignorant, hold a spot multiple hours trying to exploit the system instead of just logging off normally and waiting for 5-10 minutes at most to get back in game.

If something is part of the game then it should be usable. If there is exploits, it should never be the players fault, but always the Developers fault for not fixing that exploit if they don't want to have it in the game. It's not about the spot or being ignorant, it is about getting banned for simply using mechanics that are part of the game. You could get banned for using the AH next. Or for doing your 40 daily quests. All mechanics of the game.

Archived