Forums

Banned for being AFK?

zxappyy

Honestly, in situations like this, a warning might be more suitable for a first offense.  Simply because the player MIGHT not have been aware that he or she was doing anything wrong.  In my opinion, dancing is not the same as using a macro to circumvent the timer.  In those cases, yes, the intent is clear.  But I do often use the dance emote while waiting for people, and what if I happen to get an extended phone call?  I would expect to come back 30 minutes later to find my account logged out, not banned.  In these and similar cases, I think a warning for a first offense is more suitable.  I would not make the same mistake a second time.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Magozz said:

No you need a lesson in language and context. The yes could or couldn't be implied for both questions but the "we'll look into their activities' clearly implies that it is bannable.

Seriously, you're *cricket*ing retarded.  The yes answers both questions.  Yes you can report someone for afk botting and yes it is bannable.  The thing is dancing is not afk botting.  Botting is using software to automate tasks on the internet or in games.  Dancing is an ingame feature and if it allows you to not get kicked by the afk kicker than it is the game's fault, not the player's fault.   

12 minutes ago, Rey said:

No reason for me to answer or give you any proof. What i did, instead of your picture that proves nothing and to run in circle with someone like you who clearly has no understanding of common sense. I contacted bladeandsoul and now waiting for an answer. If dancing is bannable or not.

What you gave me didn't even answer anything to "dancing" it answered to "afk botting". This is why she even said "we will look in to it" , see if its true or not that the account was really botting.

The point is, it is not. Unless someone reported you. haahahha how sad on my part :( If they say yes. then i'all ask them why does the AFK Kicker didn't kick me out? then will no longer answer cause they know it's a system feature error wahahahah. 

1 minute ago, Shar said:

I can't believe that people don't understand that bypassing an AFK timer (by whatever means) can be considered an exploit of a "game mechanic", and thus can get you banned...

I don't understand it either. People in this thread keep falling back on the "banned for dancing" aspect of it instead of the banned for bypassing AFK kick.

12 minutes ago, Magozz said:

There's no reason cause you have no proof, pretty simple to come to that conclusion. You contacted them asking was dancing bannable or not or did you contacting them saying if DANCING FOR HOURS to avoid getting AFK kicked is bannable? 2 completely different questions. And I'm pretty sure you know it but since you wanna be right in a discussion you're clearly wrong in wait on that response. 

No, there is no reason because you're completely retarded and you're playing with every word.

You called me out in the first place because i said "dancing is not bannable even if you do it for hours" now you changed everything to "i never said that, if you do things to avoid afk kicker will get you ban"

Changing every word with every breeze ain't a thing i want to do in a forum war. So yeah, why even care about you? 

My question: 

" There is a rumor that dancing will not get you kick out of the game and if you do so you will be banned if reported. Is it true? Do you really get ban for dancing? An in game feature because the afk kicker can't detect it? "

Everything we do should be banned if ncsoft daycare does not approve? Don't be stupid. They are not suppose to babysit us and ban for everything. Kicking, warnings are also a thing. So, please...cut the crap

18 minutes ago, ghost010 said:

But is it his fault that Dancing circumvents AFK kick? If they implemented a proper AFK kick, than he would just have been kicked and not banned. So who here is to blame?

You always got my point! thanks!! thats the real reason why i post this thread.

20 minutes ago, ghost010 said:

But is it his fault that Dancing circumvents AFK kick? If they implemented a proper AFK kick, than he would just have been kicked and not banned. So who here is to blame?

I'll answer your question with an example: There is this rock from which I can attack mobs. The mobs can't attack me because of pathing, but they won't go in evade mode so I can kill them. Is there a rule against attacking mobs from a rock? no. Is there a rule against exploiting the game? yes. The same applies to dancing to avoid the afk timer (or using a keyboard macro to spam 1 ability every x seconds or autorunning into a wall), it is not a bannable action PER SE, but it is a way to exploit the game. And in a MMO an exploit is whatever gives you an unfair advantage over other people (in this case, not having to sit in queue to log in again)

7 minutes ago, Rey said:

No, there is no reason because you're completely retarded and you're playing with every word.

You called me out in the first place because i said "dancing is not bannable even if you do it for hours" now you changed everything to "i never said that, if you do things to avoid afk kicker will get you ban"

Changing every word with every breeze ain't a thing i want to do in a forum war. So yeah, why even care about you? 

My question: 

" There is a rumor that dancing will not get you kick out of the game and if you do so you will be banned if reported. Is it true? Do you really get ban for dancing? An in game feature because the afk kicker can't detect it? "

Everything we do should be banned if ncsoft daycare does not approve? Don't be stupid. They are not suppose to babysit us and ban for everything. Kicking, warnings are also a thing. So, please...cut the crap

No, nice try though.

You didn't say that, here's what you said and what I replied to.

" Bypassing the afk is not a bannable offense unless you use something outside the game (like a program)."

Now explain to be how bypassing AFK is not bannable. With real proof and not your own opinions. No playing with words needed.

1 minute ago, Shar said:

I'll answer your question with an example: There is this rock from which I can attack mobs. The mobs can't attack me because of pathing, but they won't go in evade mode so I can kill them. Is there a rule against attacking mobs from a rock? no. Is there a rule against exploiting the game? yes. The same applies to dancing to avoid the afk timer (or using a keyboard macro to spam 1 ability every x seconds or autorunning into a wall), it is not a bannable action PER SE, but it is a way to exploit the game. And in a MMO an exploit is whatever gives you an unfair advantage over other people (in this case, not having to sit in queue to log in again)

The thing is, has anyone even tested if dancing makes you avoid the afk timer?

14 minutes ago, Zeven2014 said:

Honestly, in situations like this, a warning might be more suitable for a first offense.  Simply because the player MIGHT not have been aware that he or she was doing anything wrong.  In my opinion, dancing is not the same as using a macro to circumvent the timer.  In those cases, yes, the intent is clear.  But I do often use the dance emote while waiting for people, and what if I happen to get an extended phone call?  I would expect to come back 30 minutes later to find my account logged out, not banned.  In these and similar cases, I think a warning for a first offense is more suitable.  I would not make the same mistake a second time.

we don't really know the reason why OP got banned or for how long the ban is, I don't see why you would want to dance and go afk for hours and expect to get kicked by the afk kicker , simply standing in the spot would make more sense if you wanted to get kicked for afk, it is still based on circumstance and whether you got reported or not and then if the GM found a reason or not.

again, if people just stopped being selfish to not get into queue and logged off while not playing for HOURS(key word) they wouldn't have this problem to begin with, why should ncsoft babysit everyone?.

18 minutes ago, Magozz said:

Both are to blame. I'm sure a dancing AFK kick will be put in later(maybe this maintenance). Its common sense to log off when you know you are leaving the game for hours, if you decide not to and do something that leaves you open to being banned for bypassing AFK thats on you. And by the OP's replies that they went to a high mountain and then started dancing I'm pretty sure they already knew dancing kept you from being kicked. OP just wasn't expecting anyone to be able to see them and report.

So,, the dancing can bypass the AFK Kicker ? that's the thing know. or lets add up. Dancing on the mountain. yeah it's my fault but i know that i will  be kicked out on AFKing.  So maybe they could explain how i'm banned.

2 hours ago, Tubby said:

I am willing to bet you didn't just go afk... probably found a wall hit the auto run button came back 2 hours later to find out you've been reported for it and banned... its a serious issue not letting others play when the que times are this high and you try to get around a system put in place to prevent afking

Lol you won't get banned for that dude, it would  definitely be another reason that Op is not telling us

9 minutes ago, Decimation said:

If he contacted them asking if dancing is bannable and they said no, then that implies that dancing isn't bannable if u dance for 10 mins or if u dance for 10 years.  Seriously Magozz your logic puts me on tilt.

I don't even know what you're talking about.

You must be his alt name cause you make no sense either. If you contact support and just ask if I dance will I get banned, with no context at all, they will look at the message like is this kid serious.

If you ask them will dancing while I'm afk for hours will get me banned, then that's an actual question with actual context.

4 minutes ago, Vinter said:
  1. YOU WILL NOT EXPLOIT ANY BUG IN BLADE & SOUL AND YOU WILL NOT COMMUNICATE THE EXISTENCE OF ANY SUCH EXPLOITABLE BUG (BUGS THAT GRANT THE USER UNNATURAL OR UNINTENDED BENEFITS) EITHER DIRECTLY OR THROUGH PUBLIC POSTING, TO ANY OTHER USER OF BLADE & SOUL. BUGS SHOULD BE PROMPTLY REPORTED VIA 'SUPPORT' AT HTTP://SUPPORT.BLADEANDSOUL.COM

/thread

2 minutes ago, Magozz said:

No, nice try though.

You didn't say that, here's what you said and what I replied to.

Now explain to be how bypassing AFK is not bannable. With real proof and not your own opinions. No playing with words needed.

I just told you i sent a ticket and contacted bns via twitter for an answer. Why the *cricket* you need a proof now? Are you *cricket*ing retarded and cant comprehend that i'm actually waiting for an answer and not just posting images taken from dojo, that unofficial forum who also had posts from moderators that eventually had to be dissolved by staff via stream because they we're untrue? 

3 minutes ago, Rey said:

I just told you i sent a ticket and contacted bns via twitter for an answer. Why the *cricket* you need a proof now? Are you *cricket*ing retarded and cant comprehend that i'm actually waiting for an answer and not just posting images taken from dojo, that unofficial forum who also had posts from moderators that eventually had to be dissolved by staff via stream because they we're untrue? 

You said bypassing AFK wasn't a bannable offense now you are saying you contacted support to ask them if it is.

All the proof I needed you were just talking with no valid logic or information behind it. Thanks for that. You wait on that ticket.

Do you guys realize dancing A) ends automatically after a certain period of time, and B) is nothing more than idle animation and has no effect whatsoever preventing AFK kick because the character is not actually moving in the game field?

1 minute ago, Magozz said:

You said bypassing AFK wasn't a bannable offense now you are saying you contacted support to ask them if it is.

All the proof I needed you were just talking with no valid logic or information behind it. Thanks for that. You wait on that ticket.

*facepalm* ok. Good day. Now shut up 

27 minutes ago, Rugba said:

it doesn't imply it but it is still common sense, if someone is afk dancing/wall running for 3 hours and gets reported then he will most likely get banned, if someone does the same but only for 20 mins obviously it wouldn't make sense to ban that person, the person reporting doesn't know if it is 3 hours or 3 mins, it is all based on the circumstance and it is up to the GM to check how long this character has been afk dancing for.

I agree it shouldn't circumvent the afk kicker, but that doesn't change the fact that people shouldn't stay in game if they know they will afk for hours doing nothing at all in-game.

the point is the kicker didn't kick me?

1 hour ago, Rey said:

This...this must be the stupidest thread i ever seen and i'm not even talking about the op...i'm talking about the "you deserve the ban you're just not admitting"

1.People get banned unjust, some resolve the case if they send a ticket some not. Stop acting like things don't go wrong. We already had wtfast, razer and asus programs getting people ban/dc'ed

2. Bypassing the afk is not a bannable offense unless you use something outside the game (like a program).

You got banned because you danced? Are you guys serious? Do you believe this is a reason to ban someone? How the *cricket* do you think this is a good reason? How people should know about this? 

Some of the players maybe come out of cabal 1 and they afk dance as a habit, should we ban those?

Some people are mentally retarded...

Good luck with your account zxappyy

^ This is the post you actually quoated. 

See how i laugh about you guys who think that dancing is bannable? Yeah that is the part you missed in your post .

I know you took only a part of it but you actually answered with 

"

I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about. Please show me some proof of bypassing AFK kicker by dance/auto'n is not a bannable offense. I wanna read this.

BTW my proof that it is are the multiple threads I see every day of people trying to do just this and getting banned and wondering why.

"

Implying that you get banned for dancing because you bypass the afk kicker. 

Meaning, don't dance because you get banned.

Now go back and change some more words, we have some more time before the server goes up

4 minutes ago, Fyk0 said:

Do you guys realize dancing A) ends automatically after a certain period of time, and B) is nothing more than idle animation and has no effect whatsoever preventing AFK kick because the character is not actually moving in the game field?

no I do not since I don't sit afk dancing waiting for it to stop, are you 100% sure it stops?, if so, the OP is lying and got banned for something else.

@zxappyy the point is nobody knows why you got banned or why afk kicker didn't kick you, only you know that and ncsoft.

Archived