Banned for being AFK?

zxappyy

3 minutes ago, のてこ said:

The people in the forums can't help with issues like this.

However, just be patient and wait for their (support) reply. 

Yeah thanks, i just want to post this to create a discussion and to inform other players reagarding the issue so that we can avoid it to happen again, 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Bananaz said:

Again, people like to believe that. I am a GS for Aeria Games and people say that and when i dig into it, they did something that they felt wasn't wrong but just because you think it's not wrong, doesn't mean you're right.

The thing is.. Aeriagames perma bans people for absolutely no reason. if you previously purchased something in the item mall or spent money on AP and then stopped for a few weeks they will ban you for inactivity of billing

7 minutes ago, CaptainToby said:

No, not rly. Gameguard is notorious for being a horribly bad piece of software and with the bots overflowing the servers, I wouldn't wonder if their kick/ban script is aggressively banning people.

Yeah,hmmm i not fully aware how does the gameguard works. hmm can u explain it? Thanks!

5 minutes ago, RobynTheTiny said:

This is not true. Accidental bans happen (like that autorun/report thing etc). When in doubt you should not judge too early.

I hope support will figure it out for you.

That's right, i think they are cramming. If a player reported this account, then they just make a quick investigation then banned it. 

2 minutes ago, Magozz said:

Sounds like another autorun afker. Watch yourself you could be next. 

I don't see how you find being banned for trying to hold spots by trying to exploit an afk kicker "stupid". This person literally held a spot for supposedly 2 hours, but knowing how people on the internet lie could've been double/triple that(probably went to sleep with autorun on) and you want them to code better afk detection. No need when they could juist banned players like you. People are just ignorant, hold a spot multiple hours trying to exploit the system instead of just logging off normally and waiting for 5-10 minutes at most to get back in game.

it's as stupid as your comment. if using a feature of system in the game to purposely bypass AFK kicker is ban-able then might as well shut down the whole game because whoever developed that is mentally retarded. on the other hand, bots can bypass it as well as nprotect yet they don't get banned at all or at least not as effective against them as against normal players.

so in addition to being stupid it's unfair.

8 minutes ago, zxappyy said:

And BTW my character was dancing,, and there is a AFK Kicker on this game, so if i AFK they will just need to kicked me right? but they need to banned characters? 

I like how you made this thread without providing the full truth. Like me and others said you weren't just banned for "being afk".

You were knowingly trying to bypass the AFK Kicker. You are sitting somewhere dancing aka moving and you are asking "if they have an afk kicker why didn't they just kick me."

Why didn't you just log off if you knew you weren't gonna be playing for multiple hours? Already knew this thread was lies when supposedly you spent an hour each on eating and bathing.

4 minutes ago, Luffs said:

The thing is.. Aeriagames perma bans people for absolutely no reason. if you previously purchased something in the item mall or spent money on AP and then stopped for a few weeks they will ban you for inactivity of billing

That is absolutely not true. I have had a year pass after my 1st AP purchase and i was not banned. I am not sticking up for Aeria because i feel the need to but i am letting you know that that would not happen.

13 minutes ago, TalonShina said:

No most games if you are banned you must create a new log in to contact support if you could log into support from the banned account you could find a way to log into the game you were banned from. They are overflowing with tickets right now as the game just launched NA/EU on Jan 19th so be patient and they will get to your ticket. As for verifying your account they have questions they can ask to check things make sure in your ticket you gave them the login email and the character and server name then wait. 

Yeah that's what we did too, however, if you're using the same email account from your banned account, the process for verification will be more inconvenient. and also they can track your previous TICKET to them right?  Since i'm a newbie.  I always sent them a ticket regarding the game for further clarification. I just don't read and believe others. I sent them my inquiry to verify if its real or not. So it will be more inconvenient that the same email can be used right?

16 minutes ago, CaptainToby said:

If you can really get banned for this, that's stupid. Autorun (as well as emotes which seem to delay afk kick aswell) are a part of the game and if NC can't manage to code their afk detection correctly and you can circumvent it with FEATURES IN THE GAME then sorry, but people shouldn't get banned for that.

You're right because we know that they have such feature like that and they need to implement it correctly. Hope this issue will be resolve cause so many players got banned. 

11 minutes ago, Bananaz said:

It is possible that it was an unjust ban. All you can do now is wait for a response from a GM. Usually you get an email explaining your ban and can reply from there. Did you check you email?

I'm checking for every 10 minutes, for more than just an hour (1 hour  and 23 minutes.)  hahahah i there is no response yet. I think they have a ton of tickets.

Just now, zxappyy said:

Yeah that's what we did too, however, if you're using the same email account from your banned account, the process for verification will be more inconvenient. and also they can track your previous TICKET to them right?  Since i'm a newbie.  I always sent them a ticket regarding the game for further clarification. I just don't read and believe others. I sent them my inquiry to verify if its real or not. So it will be more inconvenient that the same email can be used right?

Yes for the person trying to contact support sure but it's a safety measure for the company 

If they allowed the account to stay active to contact support someone with know how could by pass the ban and get back in game. So because of this you have to create a new account since this is a F2P you can do that without having to drop money to register a new email.

Mistakes happen and if this is truly a mistake ban they will give you back your account but don't be surprise if they don't and if they give little info on the ban they don't spell it out in most cases 

1 minute ago, Arathos said:

it's as stupid as your comment. if using a feature of system in the game to purposely bypass AFK kicker is ban-able then might as well shut down the whole game because whoever developed that is mentally retarded. on the other hand, bots can bypass it as well as nprotect yet they don't get banned at all or at least not as effective against them as against normal players.

so in addition to being stupid it's unfair.

You sound very naive. In almost every MMO there's something intended in-game that if you purposely try to abuse you'll get banned for. They're called exploits. Autorunning or dancing in this persons case is an exploit to avoid being kicked for someone who actually wants to play the game. Bots are using macros that make them look like they are farming, they arent just autorunning into walls. You seem to not know how MMOs work. 

21 minutes ago, Anrothan said:

Archeage did just that... just saying!  

So did FFXIV lol, "This account has over 4m gil, Must be suspicious activity"  Or maybe we just masked level quicker then others and made crafted stuff then sold.

14 minutes ago, TalonShina said:

Don't quote me on this but dancing might prevent the AFK timer from kicking in and if they looked back at data and saw you dancing for 2 hours they likely figured you were trying to bypass the AFK timer. 

I don't know so that is a guess I haven't had a queue time on my server and I am never away from the game more than 15-30 minutes at time if I am I am standing still so if i get AFK kicked I do. I have been afk kicked before in other games and I just log in when i get back to my computer and know I'll have play time

I didn't know that dancing would bypass the afk kicker. and FYI there is no quee around that time. :)

Just now, zxappyy said:

I didn't know that dancing would bypass the afk kicker. and FYI there is no quee around that time. :)

and i'm not saying it does but maybe update your ticket with that. and maybe when a response comes it will spell things out for you. and it doesn't matter of there is a queue or not at the time you play but if finding a way to by pass the AFK timer is an offense then it has to be an offense at all times not just when a server has a queue 

10 minutes ago, Magozz said:

I like how you made this thread without providing the full truth. Like me and others said you weren't just banned for "being afk".

You were knowingly trying to bypass the AFK Kicker. You are sitting somewhere dancing aka moving and you are asking "if they have an afk kicker why didn't they just kick me."

Why didn't you just log off if you knew you weren't gonna be playing for multiple hours? Already knew this thread was lies when supposedly you spent an hour each on eating and bathing.

Yeah i believe that it's my fault, But they have such a feature and we are players and we're authorized to have such features in the game. Im just a newbie and i can create a new char. I just want to know the explanation behind this to prevent future encounters.

This...this must be the stupidest thread i ever seen and i'm not even talking about the op...i'm talking about the "you deserve the ban you're just not admitting"

1.People get banned unjust, some resolve the case if they send a ticket some not. Stop acting like things don't go wrong. We already had wtfast, razer and asus programs getting people ban/dc'ed

2. Bypassing the afk is not a bannable offense unless you use something outside the game (like a program).

You got banned because you danced? Are you guys serious? Do you believe this is a reason to ban someone? How the *cricket* do you think this is a good reason? How people should know about this? 

Some of the players maybe come out of cabal 1 and they afk dance as a habit, should we ban those?

Some people are mentally retarded...

Good luck with your account zxappyy

well I use macro to not get kicked, a key each 15min is just fine ;D

noone knows if it's u or someone else conntacting support since everyone can if they know ur email of the account and the char name if needed

u can't do anything harmfull for a account even if u want to troll someone, what u gona do? ask support to restore an item the guy maybe destroyed? or what..lmao

if u insult support, they're gona ban u that current acc u're conntacting them from, it's not gona get bound to the acc/email u target

idk where u work, even if it's microsoft but u aren't that bright

6 minutes ago, TalonShina said:

and i'm not saying it does but maybe update your ticket with that. and maybe when a response comes it will spell things out for you. and it doesn't matter of there is a queue or not at the time you play but if finding a way to by pass the AFK timer is an offense then it has to be an offense at all times not just when a server has a queue 

Yeah i will make sure to post there reply here. hehe 

27 minutes ago, Bananaz said:

People love to say " i didn't do anything" If you are actually banned, you did something. They didn't wake up one morning and decide they're going to just ban you because they're bored.

nope, Trove did that too, and the funny part is the hacker still running and duplicating items

1 minute ago, Seety said:

well I use macro to not get kicked, a key each 15min is just fine ;D

noone knows if it's u or someone else conntacting support since everyone can if they know ur email of the account and the char name if needed

u can't do anything harmfull for a account even if u want to troll someone, what u gona do? ask support to restore an item the guy maybe destroyed? or what..lmao

if u insult support, they're gona ban u that current acc u're conntacting them from, it's not gona get bound to the acc/email u target

idk where u work, even if it's microsoft but u aren't that bright

openly admitting to bypassing the afk system on the forums your 1 smart person.... inb4 ban

8 minutes ago, Shillu said:

So did FFXIV lol, "This account has over 4m gil, Must be suspicious activity"  Or maybe we just masked level quicker then others and made crafted stuff then sold.

I do believe this was a bit of a heavy handed try at curbing the RMT activity at the time.

The big crafters ended up with a lot of gold that had come from RMT sources, and got caught up in the fallout..?

I do believe they've gotten better at tracking it.

Just now, TaranTatsuuchi said:

I do believe this was a bit of a heavy handed try at curbing the RMT activity at the time.

The big crafters ended up with a lot of gold that had come from RMT sources, and got caught up in the fallout..?

I do believe they've gotten better at tracking it.

Pretty much around 12 people including myself from my guild got a 3 day ban and got put down to 100k gil because that was the average gil of people on the server we played.

4 minutes ago, Rey said:

This...this must be the stupidest thread i ever seen and i'm not even talking about the op...i'm talking about the "you deserve the ban you're just not admitting"

1.People get banned unjust, some resolve the case if they send a ticket some not. Stop acting like things don't go wrong. We already had wtfast, razer and asus programs getting people ban/dc'ed

2. Bypassing the afk is not a bannable offense unless you use something outside the game (like a program).

You got banned because you danced? Are you guys serious? Do you believe this is a reason to ban someone? How the *cricket* do you think this is a good reason? How people should know about this? 

Some of the players maybe come out of cabal 1 and they afk dance as a habit, should we ban those?

Some people are mentally retarded...

Good luck with your account zxappyy

That's why i make thread regarding this. LOL! to clarify things out. I don't even know how to use that WTFast or whatsoever. XD

Archived