Forums

Looking for a few answer now that I'm at level 45

Hephe

Hello,

I'm about to ding level 45 so I'm hitting the point were I need to grind to the max level gear and optimal setup (I'm running a Blade Master).

I probably read a couple of dozens of threads and posts about optimal Soul Shields and Gathering and Crafting Guides but I'm still quite a but confused, so here we go:

1. Sould Shields

From what I understood the optimal setup would be the Moonwater Arena SS mixed with Dokumo(?). Can anybody enlighten me where I can get these and how exactly these should be mixed? (for example Moonwater Arena SS 1 - 5, and Dokumo 5-8). Also on this topic, what are the best Sould Shields which I can fuse into these? If I'm wrong please do correct me and tell me the optimal setup with locations, since these vary from thread to thread and I'm totally confused.

2. Gathering and Crafting

I have the Tree Fellas, Merry Potters,  Soul Wardens and Green Thumbs combination. Does it matter what I craft to up my crafting points? (not sure what kind of point are they called). Right now I'm just crafting whatever it's in my list so I can raise my number of points but not sure if this is the right thing to do. Can you please resume in a couple of sentences on how should I proceed with this? I can get the most parts out of some guides around the web, but some of them are not quite updated plus there are a bunch of discrepancies in names, terms and such - this is quite confusing.

3. Misc

Anything else I should be aware now that I'm at max level? Any particular tips you wish you'd known at the time you hit level 45?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I know there are several topics on these matters but I feel like I'm trying to sort out the whole forum, it's just a tremendous amount of info with several opinions.

Many thanks and may the server maintenance be short and without surprises! :)

Q1.

u dont have to use mixed shield set, a lot of ppl use full set of arena shield. The mixed shield set just gives more cri but lower hp. Regarding cri, u can enhance cri on arena shield, so u can have both hp and cri. Best shield to fuse into is the blue shield u got from crafting.

Q2.

For crafting, first just do whatever u could to lvl up to lvl 3. However, u can keep track of prices of thing u could and try to make a profit, so u can make some Gold and lvl up at the same time. Now key step, after u got to lvl 3 crafting, use merry potter to the premium thing(dont remember the name, its a red bottle) and use that for moonwater soulstone. After u got enough, then again check prices and make something profitable.PS: crafting dont earn a lot in this server(exp from other servers)

Q3.

If u can make through every dungeons, then u could start reseraching Bloodshade Harbor and Mushin Tower. Those are the new heroic dungeons coming at 02/10.  I assume the shield drop from the tower will be the best shield to use. Even not, u will still be farming those two everyday. PS; mushin tower is a solo, first 6 fls are not that hard, but i strongly recommend u watch posts abt the 7th fl, it would be a killer if u dont know the boss well.

Hope u enjoy the game

Q1: Most optimal for pvp is the Moonwater Arena Shield mixed with Dokumo especially Dokumo 8 since it gives the most possible crit.

Most optimal for pve is Blackram Supply Chain Shield mixed with Dokumo 8s.

Q2: Craft the cheapest items until you gather mats for the really expensive ones. You can run a blue instance called Brightstone Ruins in hopes for a drop from the last boss which'll be your Merry Potter Moonwater Secret Technique. (On my server it costs 80g from AH). It lets you access the Moonwater Transformation Stones and you can probably start making profit off of that.

Q3: pvpwise, start doing your faction dailies in Hogshead Pastures (The beach) and Misty Woods (the southwest) ASAP! the only way to farm Soulstones atm is doing those dailies and you need all the soulstones if you're to access the end-endgame content. Also Blackram Supply Chain (the raid) is accessable and you get around 3g for doing all the dailies there. Blackram Supply Chain (the instance) is available on normal 6 man-mode and the hard 4 man-mode. The hard modes are a fun little challenge and of course in 2 weeks they'll give out more content including the infamous Mushin Tower and the 7 first floors.

Conclusion being I'm happy that they give out content unlike in Aion which died due to the content taking too long to get from KR to EU.

4 minutes ago, PhoenixMM said:

Q1.

u dont have to use mixed shield set, a lot of ppl use full set of arena shield. The mixed shield set just gives more cri but lower hp. Regarding cri, u can enhance cri on arena shield, so u can have both hp and cri. Best shield to fuse into is the blue shield u got from crafting.

Q2.

For crafting, first just do whatever u could to lvl up to lvl 3. However, u can keep track of prices of thing u could and try to make a profit, so u can make some Gold and lvl up at the same time. Now key step, after u got to lvl 3 crafting, use merry potter to the premium thing(dont remember the name, its a red bottle) and use that for moonwater soulstone. After u got enough, then again check prices and make something profitable.PS: crafting dont earn a lot in this server(exp from other servers)

Q3.

If u can make through every dungeons, then u could start reseraching Bloodshade Harbor and Mushin Tower. Those are the new heroic dungeons coming at 02/10.  I assume the shield drop from the tower will be the best shield to use. Even not, u will still be farming those two everyday. PS; mushin tower is a solo, first 6 fls are not that hard, but i strongly recommend u watch posts abt the 7th fl, it would be a killer if u dont know the boss well.

Hope u enjoy the game

Brilliant, this makes a lot of sense now, much appreciated!

A couple of things, if you don't mind:

• Where can I get the Moonwater Arena Sould Shields? Is it from a vendor or it's a dungeon I need to farm?
  • If I infuse some other Critical Shoul Shields for now, will I be able to infuse the crafted ones you've metnioned at a later point?

I definitely enjoy the game so far, looking forward for the end content and for the new stuff coming our way in February.

2 minutes ago, yonhyakunijuu said:

Q2: Craft the cheapest items until you gather mats for the really expensive ones. You can run a blue instance called Brightstone Ruins in hopes for a drop from the last boss which'll be your Merry Potter Moonwater Secret Technique. (On my server it costs 80g from AH). It lets you access the Moonwater Transformation Stones and you can probably start making profit off of that.

Holly mother of auctions, that's a hefty price. I'm definitely aiming to reach the level where I can craft Moonwater Transformation Stones. What you said definitely comes handy.

Also, thanks for the tips at Q3, I'm going to farm those bits as soon as the servers are up and running again.

Finally what do you consider to be the best SS you can infuse at the moment into the Moonwater Arena SS? A friendly forum member above suggested the blue sould shields from crating. I'm not there yet but meanwhile if I fuse something else, can I change it later or that's not how it works?

1 hour ago, Hephe said:

Brilliant, this makes a lot of sense now, much appreciated!

A couple of things, if you don't mind:

• Where can I get the Moonwater Arena Sould Shields? Is it from a vendor or it's a dungeon I need to farm?
  • If I infuse some other Critical Shoul Shields for now, will I be able to infuse the crafted ones you've metnioned at a later point?

I definitely enjoy the game so far, looking forward for the end content and for the new stuff coming our way in February.

U use insigna to exchange the arena shield by talking to the faction merchant. Insigna are obtained by defeating faction hidden bosses in Misty woods faction camp. Equip ur faction outfit and go the other faction camp, kill those npc(dont go if there arent too many ppl, waste of time, 20-30ppl would be great). After a certain numbers of npc killed, hidden bosses will come up and there is a prompt for that, u should have seen this befroe when u do faction Qs. PS: it might take 2-3 hrs to farm the full set depending on ur dmg, so just use aoe atk when bosses come up.

U can infuse whatever and whenever u want on the shield, there is no limit on that.  Still, best one is the blues one from crafting, it offers higher possibility to get max enhancement stat

1 minute ago, PhoenixMM said:

U use insigna to exchange the arena shield by talking to the faction merchant. Insigna are obtained by defeating faction hidden bosses in Misty woods faction camp. Equip ur faction outfit and go the other faction camp, kill those npc. After a certain numbers of npc killed, hidden bosses will come up and there is a prompt for that, u should have seen this befroe when u do faction Qs. PS: it might take 2-3 hrs to farm the full set depending on ur dmg, so just use aoe atk when bosses come up.

U can infuse whatever and whenever u want on the shield, there is no limit on that.  Still, best one is the blues one from crafting, it offers higher possibility to get max enhancement stat

Sweet, thanks for the clarifications. I'm definitely going to farm those once the servers are back online. I guess until I can craft the blue soul shields you've mentioned I'm going to fuse in some other critical SS I have around. Glad to hear it's not limited. Cheers!

1 hour ago, Hephe said:

Sweet, thanks for the clarifications. I'm definitely going to farm those once the servers are back online. I guess until I can craft the blue soul shields you've mentioned I'm going to fuse in some other critical SS I have around. Glad to hear it's not limited. Cheers!

for now, use cri 8 shield drop from po6 or po24 to enhance is good enough(for cri)

Archived