Forums

Rich ninja last second masterloot!? EU

Soulexile

5 minutes ago, Tubby said:

So lets just say new dungeon comes out skillbooks go for 100s of gold each and someone changes loot settings during final boss and WL books drops and you dont click F fast enough... your ok with that?

Since the OP has no information anymore and is instead filled with unnecessary comments, I believed the group leader changed the loot rules BEFORE the final boss, not during. Obviously changing it DURING a fight should not be allowed.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Azamelto said:

Since the OP has no information anymore and is instead filled with unnecessary comments, I believed the group leader changed the loot rules BEFORE the final boss, not during. Obviously changing it DURING a fight should not be allowed.

should be a vote system like in other games.

exacly like the kick vote system here

3 minutes ago, Azamelto said:

It does not matter if its during the final boss or right before people have spent their time to run the dungeon and some jackass now wants to try to take all the loot for themselves and it is usually the person who contributed the least... when this new dungeon comes out and you spend 20+ minutes getting through the first 3 bosses I really hope this happens to you because apparently you do condone this

Just now, Bcl said:

should be a vote system like in other games.

exacly like the kick vote system here

Ok so for arguments sake. Say you enter a group cross serverand 4 of the members are from the same clan, and one of these members are the same class as you. You come up to the final boss, and the vote to change the loot rules to ML. Since they have a majority, the vote passes. The boss dies and drops your classes weapon/skill book. Since their clan-mate is the same class as you and also needs it, it is ML'ed to them. Is that fair? According to you, since the majority of the group chose to make it ML'er yes, it is fair. Would you complain about it? Probably because you didn't get to roll on it.

The only solution is to disable ML'er in Cross-Server dungeons. In normal server dungeons, you know what could happen so that's whatever

13 minutes ago, Azamelto said:

Well to be honest, it's hard to read when the OP has no screenshot anymore and has not been  updated with the actual facts of what happened, as it instead is full of unnecessary remarks on their gear and money, so I apologize if i misread it.

It's called crowd control and you were the fish, now you are an enlightened fish.

hahaha

2 minutes ago, Tubby said:

It does not matter if its during the final boss or right before people have spent their time to run the dungeon and some jackass now wants to try to take all the loot for themselves and it is usually the person who contributed the least... when this new dungeon comes out and you spend 20+ minutes getting through the first 3 bosses I really hope this happens to you because apparently you do condone this

Where did I say that I condone it? Please link that to me.

If you're running a dungeon with a group of people you don't know you should probably pay attention to what they're doing, especially if it's a dungeon with a expensive/valuable loot table. If the GL changes the loot rules before a boss, ask them why they did so or even kick them if they say nothing. I'm fairly certain they would not be able to solo the 6-man dungeon so either they'd have to leave or get kicked.

If  you read anything else I posted, I agreed with the fact that ML is a silly thing to allow Cross-Server and should be disabled.

2 minutes ago, Azamelto said:

Where did I say that I condone it? Please link that to me.

If you're running a dungeon with a group of people you don't know you should probably pay attention to what they're doing, especially if it's a dungeon with a expensive/valuable loot table. If the GL changes the loot rules before a boss, ask them why they did so or even kick them if they say nothing. I'm fairly certain they would not be able to solo the 6-man dungeon so either they'd have to leave or get kicked.

If  you read anything else I posted, I agreed with the fact that ML is a silly thing to allow Cross-Server and should be disabled.

please show me the kick feature in this game oh wait its not implemented for F8 yet... as for the reason why you condone this is simply because your shifting the blame away from the people who intentionally try to screw others from getting their loot... basically your total argument relies on the fact that I should suspect everyone in F8 is out to get me and be 100% aware of what others are doing at all times instead of just wanting to do a dungeon and worry about boss mechanics and the 20 adds trying to kill me... or maybe my game volume is low and i have music on and i dont hear when the loot has been changed...  or maybe i have to use the restroom and it happens then..  its not the fault of the people who get screwed in these situations the blame is on the people who are in fact ninja looting and wasting others time

I think it is good you mentioned how loaded he is with gold etc, that means there is a good possibility he has been doing this systematically for a while now, and you should definitely report him to support so they can check it out.

I find it silly the loot rules and bid rules can just be changed without a vote, either disable the option to change loot rules completely in a cross-server run or add the vote system.

27 minutes ago, Azamelto said:

Ok so for arguments sake. Say you enter a group cross serverand 4 of the members are from the same clan, and one of these members are the same class as you. You come up to the final boss, and the vote to change the loot rules to ML. Since they have a majority, the vote passes. The boss dies and drops your classes weapon/skill book. Since their clan-mate is the same class as you and also needs it, it is ML'ed to them. Is that fair? According to you, since the majority of the group chose to make it ML'er yes, it is fair. Would you complain about it? Probably because you didn't get to roll on it.

The only solution is to disable ML'er in Cross-Server dungeons. In normal server dungeons, you know what could happen so that's whatever

your ex is good,but its not happening so often like the other case.

at least they should disable the option when you are in combat

13 minutes ago, Tubby said:

please show me the kick feature in this game oh wait its not implemented for F8 yet... as for the reason why you condone this is simply because your shifting the blame away from the people who intentionally try to screw others from getting their loot... basically your total argument relies on the fact that I should suspect everyone in F8 is out to get me and be 100% aware of what others are doing at all times instead of just wanting to do a dungeon and worry about boss mechanics and the 20 adds trying to kill me... or maybe my game volume is low and i have music on and i dont hear when the loot has been changed...  or maybe i have to use the restroom and it happens then..  its not the fault of the people who get screwed in these situations the blame is on the people who are in fact ninja looting and wasting others time

This is an MMO. Everyone is out for themselves by default. Like I said earlier, I do agree that the ML was a shifty lowlife, but people are responsible for their own actions. If you're in a group with people you don't know, believing that they care about anything other than advancing their own agendas is pretty naive 

2 minutes ago, Bcl said:

your ex is good,but its not happening so often like the other case.

at least they should disable the option when you are in combat

I do agree, being able to change loot options during a fight is pretty foolish. Hopefully NCSoft will do something about it.

1 minute ago, Azamelto said:

This is an MMO. Everyone is out for themselves by default. Like I said earlier, I do agree that the ML was a shifty lowlife, but people are responsible for their own actions. If you're in a group with people you don't know, believing that they care about anything other than advancing their own agendas is pretty naive 

your quite the bitter person... if you honestly hold that opinion about life you may need to seek counseling 

3 minutes ago, Tubby said:

your quite the bitter person... if you honestly hold that opinion about life you may need to seek counseling 

Resorting to personal attacks? A tad childish but I'll ignore it.

Some people who play MMO's  are the min/maxing type who want to be the best they can. If that means screwing over people they don't know, they will do so willingly. Anonymity is one of the best tools for this. The best defense against this is joining a clan and having a group of friends you can rely on.

2 minutes ago, SongNhi said:

Seeing this happens makes me sad.  Time to solo these dungeons then :3

Nah, just join a clan and make some friends. They'll usually have your back and runs with them would be not only easier, but funner.

2 hours ago, QueenSheba said:

What exactly are you complaining about? He outbid everyone else? That's how it works. No there is no penalty for someone who pays the most for every item on a run rofl. 

And thats why premium its okay.

People protecting that premiums win more goldy are not talking about this. I did.

A but no, is not p2w, is p2bb (pay to bid better, and take all the looty :)  )

Thats why best games just stick to cosmetics.

Group leader can change the loot rules during combat even as the boss is at 5% and loot it all. There is nothing you can do. If the boss is below 30% they can solo it even if you all back off. If its their first time trying to steal all the loot they might make the mistake of changing the default starting bid, or loot quality before hand which can bug out switching to master looter.

I no longer use cross server and will be avoiding it until NCSoft does something about it.

Just now, Seemslegit said:

Hopefully NCSOFT will do something about it , sooner rather than later :D

It will be later once it becomes 80% chance of it happening in every cross server dungeon and the forums are bombarded with threads.

6 minutes ago, SongNhi said:

They need to disable loot changing in F8, and even in premade parties this should only be set before entering dungeon.  Why this is changeable even in combat makes no sense at all.

So you can waste your time while you're wasting your time - really there is no better way to put it .

14 minutes ago, Azamelto said:

Resorting to personal attacks? A tad childish but I'll ignore it.

Some people who play MMO's  are the min/maxing type who want to be the best they can. If that means screwing over people they don't know, they will do so willingly. Anonymity is one of the best tools for this. The best defense against this is joining a clan and having a group of friends you can rely on.

its a statement about your personal character you seem to think that everyone is a bad person... im an elitist of sorts i go for min/max gear currently siren and will have a +10 legendary as soon as I can when it becomes avalible... i have a fkton of gold atm but guess what i did it by farming/crafting/dailies/alts not screwing others over...

1 minute ago, Tubby said:

its a statement about your personal character you seem to think that everyone is a bad person... im an elitist of sorts i go for min/max gear currently siren and will have a +10 legendary as soon as I can when it becomes avalible... i have a fkton of gold atm but guess what i did it by farming/crafting/dailies/alts not screwing others over...

some now equals everyone? My god, this changes everything!

Congrats, you didn't screw anyone over. As I said SOME people will willingly do so to get ahead. There will always people like this in MMO's and that's not going to change.

35 minutes ago, Azamelto said:

lets go back to this and make you look like an idiot #everyone oh and by the way im done with you now just let this 1 sink in

Archived