European players Treated like Second-class citizens

Lickage

the main point is the time of maintenance. i mean 5 hrs:) if it were around 1-2 hrs than its ok but they took half a daylight. i wouldnt even bother to write if it was a global update but 2 fixes and adding 2 new servers... Kappa

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Shikizu said:

Seriously this is probably the 10th post with users whining about this in the past 5 hours.

It's completely retarded that you're all complaining in the first place.

1: The first couple maints. we had, was in US peak times, so was the ones in CBT's.

2: Do you realise this is a US based company? They will adapt to that.

3: Do you realise that the maints. they have like these, are for global regions? That means they affect both EU, US and Oceanic players. Picking a time that works quite well for EVERYONE is essential here. Which they did. If you're a normal european player, you would be at work or uni in 9/10 cases at this time, atleast in most cases.

It's just ironic that the people complaining about the maints, are also the people complaining about queues, bugs and what not. When they then SCHEDULE a maint. and go through with it, you're also the ones that sit here and cry about it constantly on the forum. If this is the "peak" time for you, then go the hell outside and do something productive with your life. 

1. maints in CBT ? that is CBT is about maints to fix bugs ppl report .

2. If it's an US based company should IP ban other regions and provide to US only , and have another publisher for EU ,

3 The fact is US based and provide for 2 regions doesn't mean 1 region gets the honey pot because is in the same region with the publisher, and the other one gets the stick because publisher is not from that region , and tbh i do not care get it thru your thick skull , My money have same value as your money i want same rights as u because i am a paying customer the fact i am from eu or oceania makes not valid point. "If you're a normal european player, you would be at work or uni in 9/10 cases at this time, atleast in most cases." shows that u have no idea what u are talking about , u do realize that EU spans thru several time zones , when your lazy US ass wakes up in france may be 12:00 pm but in Easter Europe is already 14:00 pm ppl are going home after working 7-8h already so..... please do your homework .. and no a lot of ppl do not start work at 9AM like u , we astart at 6-7AM and leave at 14:00-15:00 PM 

taking in consideration that u reply to this post ....i doubt u do something productive with your life at this moment

Try working nights ...wake up to do a little gaming before work and finding maint ...2 times this week or servers crashed or needing restarting ...most people granted work or out between 11am -4pm gmt but there a lot of others who are at home after or before work then too i know because i've worked both shift work and nights. 

Still you get people who work from home, who work on a computer and leave the game on all day doing the odd quest or dungeon run as break from working rather then getting a smoke or whatever ..to say that people saying it's not a good time for EU players are kids is a damn insult.

most ppl that flame back on us complaining here are most likely ppl who have no issue with this but im one of those ppl who work till 2pm and thats pretty much when maintance always running which is an issue your hours i couldnt care about but its an issue for me because my money is being wasted here.

3 minutes ago, slinky said:

What exactly do you mean 'a normal european player'? Does working shifts, working some weekends and having days off in the week, make me - and probably hundreds of others - 'ABNORMAL'? Some people need to get with the modern world and realise that not everyone works 9 - 5 Monday to Friday and definitely NOT just 'in most cases'. Twice this week, these 'maintenances' have occurred on MY days off - and I am not alone in this !!!

These kids only know school hours and the 9-5 shift because their parent are office drones.

Dear NCWest,

I believe you need to start considering europe. While I understand maintenance can be hard to schedule especially if it is sudden, it would be great if we had some information in the launcher. I don't like having to resort to twitter to get information. European players also feel left out due to the fact that you don't even bother writing times in GMT, it is only NA timezones that are displayed, meaning we have to do extra work to convert the times for ourselves. 

This might sound like random crying, but in europe we have really strong consumer laws - we are all used to the company we pay money actually care about their customers, right now it feels like you don't. This is an issue, most people boycott EA games due to their lack of support and ignorance against players, you have a chance to rectify this and make blade and soul a success in europe. 

It would also be nice if you had scheduled times for maintenance, and to be honest, europeans don't care about being 12 hours behind with an update or anything  - it's fine. 

Sidenote: I'm a BsC in Computer Science with a major in network and systems administration, currently finishing off my first year of masters studies within information security. I don't have a job, I am able to relocate, if you dont hire me - at least hire someone to fix stuff <3

6 minutes ago, Jinjii said:

Wait since when was it twice a week? I thought maintenance was once every Wednesday?

Whatever, my point still stands.

It is once a week (on Wednesday), unless its a "emergency" or "event" based one, or one that solves out a much needed issue.

Todays maint. fixes a bunch of things people have been crying about (Yea, the same group of people making these posts and bawling their eyes out now..), such as:
Autumn Skins
Gold Sellers/Chat Spam
Launcher Error (One of the error codes)
More servers to help with server traffic. 

But yea, half of them probably don't even know that, as they probably did not even read the actual post I'm guessing. Besides, it's ironic they complain about the time being inconvenient, as I doubt there would be a time for Europeans (And americans for the matter since its a global maint.) thats more convenient, since the maint. was 11 am - 4 pm gmt. Every single person with a somewhat normal life would either be at school/uni or work during those hours. So yea xD

7 minutes ago, Shikizu said:

That's where you're wrong. It's all the kids sitting on here crying about trivial issues like this, that'll ruin it.

I'm european myself, I did'nt get home till 30 minutes ago. I work a normal job. Do you hear me complaining about it?

Most normal human beings are not going to complain about a maintenance that would start at 11 AM gmt, because most of us would actually be busy there, you know, having a real life.

What a load of crap

I totaly agree with Lickage on this subject. I am from the Uk and it seems the servers are always down during the day. I have alot of time in the day to want to play this game yet i can not do so. Not because im a jobless lazy bum but because i am a disabled guy who has mobility issues. Also may i add that i purchased the founders pack during the beta and not applied the code untill it was officialy open to all. I applied the founders pack code to my account yet i do not have it. So why did i pay for this?

Blade & Soul Founder's Pack: Initiate Pack
£18.99 (GBP

1 minute ago, Shikizu said:

It is once a week (on Wednesday), unless its a "emergency" or "event" based one, or one that solves out a much needed issue.

Todays maint. fixes a bunch of things people have been crying about (Yea, the same group of people making these posts and bawling their eyes out now..), such as:
Autumn Skins
Gold Sellers/Chat Spam

But yea, half of them probably don't even know that, as they probably did not even read the actual post I'm guessing. Besides, it's ironic they complain about the time being inconvenient, as I doubt there would be a time for Europeans (And americans for the matter since its a global maint.) thats more convenient, since the maint. was 11 am - 4 pm gmt. Every single person with a somewhat normal life would either be at school/uni or work during those hours. So yea xD

You just ignored every criticism against you and posted this shit instead. *cricket* you.

Maybe  NCSoft do favoritism to NA server, that's sad because they don't demonstrate professionalism, they want only your money sad for EU region dissapoint this company NCSoft they don't care about all players. 

Bad time maintance for EU players.

what are you even whining about. be happy they are trying to fix things for all servers at the same time. if they were to give NA servers maint fix before EU servers then thats being treated like second class. but their not. an as long as they fix many of the on going problems this game has than i dont care how long it takes. read a book watch a movie.

3 minutes ago, Shikizu said:

Autumn Skins
Gold Sellers/Chat Spam

Ah that makes more sense! To be honest I've been saying that instead of mini-emergency hotfixes, they should take the servers down for a considerable time to try and sort some of the problems out properly. 

Plus, I'd wait 10hours if it meant more skins ;D

1 minute ago, Poeticintellect said:

what are you even whining about. be happy they are trying to fix things for all servers at the same time. if they were to give NA servers maint fix before EU servers then thats being treated like second class. but their not. an as long as they fix many of the on going problems this game has than i dont care how long it takes. read a book watch a movie.

Why not give equal maintenance times then, so eu wont suffer as much?

I also think they goona sell rights to Gameforge... Same as Aion But anyways it sux that there are almost same limits as they are on EU Aion here already.. I dont know what would happen if gameforge gets it... 1 line of inventory and 1h limit of play per day if you dont pay?

Just now, techstreme said:

I also think they goona sell rights to Gameforge... Same as Aion But anyways it sux that there are almost same limits as they are on EU Aion here already.. I dont know what would happen if gameforge gets it... 1 line of inventory and 1h limit of play per day if you dont pay?

when the game goes under gf its gg bruh:)

3 minutes ago, Poeticintellect said:

Exactly, Don't play the game! And than don't pay for it anymore! Than quit the game! Than close the servers becasue the playerbase is gone!

Huzzah!

4 minutes ago, Shikizu said:

Autumn Skins
Gold Sellers/Chat Spam

Here we go again with the assumption that EVERYONE in the world works 9 - 5 !! Which means all the shift workers are ABNORMAL in some way.

3 minutes ago, Shikizu said:

Autumn Skins
Gold Sellers/Chat Spam

A professional organisation would announce this ahead of time, not 2minutes prior to maintenance. 

Servers can be put up hot, you dont have to shut down others, just to allow load balancing, perhaps a restart but that doesn't take 5hours and 30minutes :) 

Launcher errors the same, a simple restart could be done to fix this, updates are(I HOPE) tested before rolled out on sharp servers, meaning it would be a quick fix. 

Yesterdays(?) maintenance was quite long, and we received... well level 10 spammers instead of level 4. People do get upset over stuff like this, and in europe - feeling ignored by an organisation you give money to is not very popular :)

Archived