European players Treated like Second-class citizens

Lickage

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Raiiban said:

WOOOOOOOOOOW. So much gamer entitlement in this thread. You guys should be happy at all that NCWest lets you give them your money AND let you play a game even for a little bit. It's ridiculous how many people are crying about these maintenance times. I hope they keep them down all weekend and run your premium times out and not refund any of it. Maybe next time you'll know better than to complain to your overlords.

/s

NA player here, the Maint times are great for me since I'm working but man I feel bad for Europe and Oceania players.

Double personalities?

3 hours ago, 7Trickster said:

No matter what people say about Blizzard I got admit this is when you realise that they are professionnal and adapt to their customers (hint : success in the market).

WoW's maintenances are always during Wednesday morning, not NA morning, EU. Because it's European servers ! I don't know how they just let it slide like that but they will go nowhere with that kind of attitude trust me.

3 hours ago, Kootax said:

Also, if blizzard hotfix, it takes 15 mins.. 5.5hrs for a hotfix is insane.. They had 4hrs yesterday

Yall both understand that Blizzard is a larger company correct? That also makes their own games and is owned by Activision. NcWest does not have a office anymore in the EU due to most likely NcKorea cutting fundings.

If everyone do not remember NcSoft basically split into 2 companies making NcWest have its own stocks/shares soooooo if NcWest is not doing well it wont effect NcSoft Korea shares/stocks

Seriously this is probably the 10th post with users whining about this in the past 5 hours.

It's completely retarded that you're all complaining in the first place.

1: The first couple maints. we had, was in US peak times, so was the ones in CBT's.

2: Do you realise this is a US based company? They will adapt to that.

3: Do you realise that the maints. they have like these, are for global regions? That means they affect both EU, US and Oceanic players. Picking a time that works quite well for EVERYONE is essential here. Which they did. If you're a normal european player, you would be at work or uni in 9/10 cases at this time, atleast in most cases.

It's just ironic that the people complaining about the maints, are also the people complaining about queues, bugs and what not. When they then SCHEDULE a maint. and go through with it, you're also the ones that sit here and cry about it constantly on the forum. If this is the "peak" time for you, then go the hell outside and do something productive with your life. 

This is insulting, all the days in maintenance, and i've payed for 30 premium days, which i will be able to play just 15-20 on this, because servers are always off between the "normal" hours when people can take a break and play a little bit. Are you all vampires? Or what the *cricket* is going on??

I'm starting to think about leaving this game seriously. 

Just now, Zhelion said:

This is insulting, all the days in maintenance, and i've payed for 30 premium days, which i will be able to play just 15-20 on this, because servers are always off between the "normal" hours when people can take a break and play a little bit. Are you all vampires? Or what the *cricket* is going on??

I'm starting to think about leaving this game seriously. 

What time did the servers go down exactly for EU? bc they went down around like 4AM CST I believe 

i'm sure they have some data behind the schedule, doing it when the most players are inactive on both servers, so everyone who cries on these forums are the minority of the eu players. the highest traffic is probably exactly after the maintenance

2 minutes ago, Shikizu said:

Seriously this is probably the 10th post with users whining about this in the past 5 hours.

1: The first couple maints. we had, was in US peak times, so was the ones in CBT's.

3: Do you realise that the maints. they have like these, are for global regions? That means they affect both EU, US and Oceanic players. Picking a time that works quite well for EVERYONE is essential here. Which they did. If you're a normal european player, you would be at work or uni in 9/10 cases at this time, atleast in most cases.

It's just ironic that the people complaining about the maints, are also the people complaining about queues, bugs and what not. When they then SCHEDULE a maint. and go through with it, you're also the ones that sit here and cry about it constantly on the forum. If this is the "peak" time for you, then go the hell outside and do something productive with your life. 

If you're trying to destroy this game, keep making posts like this buddy.

If the European players vote with their wallets it will also affect you, and than you'll wonder why this game lost so many player.

Ok...I said this before.  As a player in the UK, yeah the maintenance times are dumb, but they are also times where most people are or should be at school/college/work anyway.  Also maintenance was only once a week.  If people couldn't deal with a game being down for 3-4 hours one day a week while they service it, you need to re-evaluate your priorities in life. 

The only complaint I have is the amount of times the damn servers have been taken down in the last two weeks.  I mean, it's to make the servers/game better right?  Well, we hope so, but we all know that a few hours with the servers back up, gold spammers will be back to their old tricks.  

2 minutes ago, Jinjii said:

Also maintenance was only once a week.  If people couldn't deal with a game being down for 3-4 hours one day a week while they service it, you need to re-evaluate your priorities in life. 

Twice a week.

1 minute ago, Centimani said:

If you're trying to destroy this game, keep making posts like this buddy.

If the European players vote with their wallets it will also affect you, and than you'll wonder why this game lost so many player.

That's where you're wrong. It's all the kids sitting on here crying about trivial issues like this, that'll ruin it.

I'm european myself, I did'nt get home till 30 minutes ago. I work a normal job. Do you hear me complaining about it?

Most normal human beings are not going to complain about a maintenance that would start at 11 AM gmt, because most of us would actually be busy there, you know, having a real life.

They're not favouritising NA.  For the bulk of the EU maintenance times it's 11am(ish)-4pm(ish) which is prime time for people to be doing things with their lives like school/work/college/uni/whatever.  

Granted, I've just come back from work and went to login and saw maintenance and a had a sad seeing as it is Friday and not maintenance day but ya know what, I got other stuff to do and other games to play too!

The current maintenance are not on schedule that means they're not taking the server down just for fun. They're taking the server down because they have to. Why now? Maybe because their technician team in the US is only available now, or the guys in europe are in office at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Shikizu said:

What exactly do you mean 'a normal european player'? Does working shifts, working some weekends and having days off in the week, make me - and probably hundreds of others - 'ABNORMAL'? Some people need to get with the modern world and realise that not everyone works 9 - 5 Monday to Friday and definitely NOT just 'in most cases'. Twice this week, these 'maintenances' have occurred on MY days off - and I am not alone in this !!!

Just now, slinky said:

What exactly do you mean 'a normal european player'? Does working shifts, working some weekends and having days off in the week, make me - and probably hundreds of others - 'ABNORMAL'? Some people need to get with the modern world and realise that not everyone works 9 - 5 Monday to Friday and definitely NOT just 'in most cases'. Twice this week, these 'maintenances' have occurred on MY days off - and I am not alone in this !!!

Agree....

Maybe we Americans are more wasteful with our money and spend waaaaay more on video games than our European allies. Therefor it is only good business to make sure that us wasteful Americans are happy over our more conservative European counterparts ... hmmm makes you think. Tell Europe as a whole to start wasting more money on video games and they might changes their schedule. Worldwide, Americans have a reputation for spending money on stupid things  hahaha.

4 minutes ago, Shikizu said:

That's where you're wrong. It's all the kids sitting on here crying about trivial issues like this, that'll ruin it.

I'm european myself, I did'nt get home till 30 minutes ago. I work a normal job. Do you hear me complaining about it?

Most normal human beings are not going to complain about a maintenance that would start at 11 AM gmt, because most of us would actually be busy there, you know, having a real life.

That's your entire argument isn't it?

I'm satisfied not playing this game, therefore you should be. I don't have time to play during the day because "I have a life" , therefore you shouldn't.  

You are projecting and acting like everyone in Europe is on your schedule but there are plenty of people who can only play during these hours. So stop your bullshit because if they leave you will miss them.

Just now, Deltris said:

Maybe we Americans are more wasteful with our money and spend waaaaay more on video games than our European allies. Therefor it is only good business to make sure that us wasteful Americans are happy over our more conservative European counterparts ... hmmm makes you think. Tell Europe as a whole to start wasting more money on video games and they might changes their schedule. Worldwide, Americans have a reputation for spending money on stupid things  hahaha.

LOL nothing to be pround of

Archived