European players Treated like Second-class citizens

Lickage

Maintance again... And no one cares about EU players again...

Im tired, every days maintances, patches, just login game, in my day off and - maintance - GREAT NC WEST! Is it way to succes care just about NA players?

Login server for EU at NA location, Character info server - NA, Auction house - again NA, Maintance - when NA players sleeping...

We pay for 5,5 hrs of maintance - enjoy mates! No comment...

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is highly disrespectful towards European players.

I expected better from you, NC Staff. Way better!

You've had this experience from Aion, Lineage 2 and Wildstar, you should have learned your lesson and improved on it by now.

The reason your previous games died slow deaths in Europe was exactly this approach.

You only cater to the North American market and leave us in the dark.

I hope you reconsider your stance on this matter, and move the maintenance time-slot for your European clients.

Do a maintenance once a day if you want but take in consideration the time zone. Why should EU maintenance happen at the same time than the US one ? Is there any physical link between the 2 severs locations  or do Ncsoft EU employees have the same work shift than their US collegues ?

Customer Satisfaction : 0

Are the EU servers actualy in EU ? ;p i know it's been said that they are in frankfurt, but some people also say that its in NA so i dont realy know what to believe, 

and also, maintenance from 12pm until aprox. 7:30 pm is kinda harsh on eu players indeed :( even more so when we just had a 4 hrdowntime the day before yesterday

23 minutes ago, ThatPlayer said:

Why do I feel like they're going to give EU servers to gameforge soon.

Don't jinx it~! Tou really it would be nice if maintnance would be in mornings, since i usually have lots of work in morning and free time after lunch. Tou good job guys game is smooth and i enjoy it *^*

all i see is people complaining about the maintenance schedules but yet no one is offering any ideas as to how they can fix it. the only way that way that they would be able to please both NA and europe would be for europe to have their maintenance at a completely different time then NA meaning they could have NA server maintenance right now since majority of NA is asleep because it's night time and have Europe maintenance when the majority of people are asleep. now on a side note instead of complaining how bout actually doing something productive, or play different game while u wait after all them having maintenance during this time isn't gonna be the end of the world for u European players.

It should be balanced at the very least for EU and NA regions. With the server names, the last maintenance and this one. people will really start to feel annoyed / being treated different.

im still appreciating the work/ time NCWEST spending doing these patches to combat bots. so best of luck to you guys and i hope they die out soon

Would it be that hard to implemente these fixes on Tuesday?

Would it be that hard to change maintenence schedules for EU servers?

Look, 2 more EU servers, while no new NA servers. That tells something about the size of the EU playerbase, doesn't it?

Just compare the queue times at launch and now and see how your performance has driven half the population away

We can all understand games have issues at launch, how NCSoft approaches them is the deal-breaker.

Tip: Stop focusing only on making money for yourselves (gold sellers) and actually make this game good so we'll be willing to pay you (wardrobe issues, mail issues, random banning issues, half the features like Zen Beans and Hongmoon Coins still disabled, etc)

Well i think most of EU player base wants to say that they want a different schedule for maintnance, there is no need to be mean. They are doing great job at fixing bugs, they respond fast. So in general i think that we should suggest a new time for maint.

31 minutes ago, Yamimimi said:

Oh so I am not alone, good night fellow vampire or good day? xD

I'd rather have a maintenance than not, they're working on the game and I am proud of them, good job NCsoft.
I even answered to all those ingame surveys instead of inserting space there and clicking confirm.
Make the game better so when I get some monies I'm buying that 1y premium service - need that outfit xD

I agree with you about the fact that they are working on the game and I appreciate it.

But I don't agree with the time they decided to give us european for the maintenence... why can't they make them different timezones?
Or do it one night-time for americans and one night-time for europeans.

I mean, it's okay if for one day I can't play the game because of maintenence, really it's fair, but... two days in a week? 

If they can't differ maintenences, then they could change the times. So we had maintenence during day time this week? This time they could have done it in a different hour today, to switch the zones and avoid all these rampage players (me included, even if I try to keep it polite xD).

1 minute ago, Lillithy said:

Well i think most of EU player base wants to say that they want a different schedule for maintnance, there is no need to be mean. They are doing great job at fixing bugs, they respond fast. So in general i think that we should suggest a new time for maint.

I don't think it's that hard to guess mate. 2am - 6am or whatever, when most people are asleep.

The servers ARE located in different places. Making the people on Germany go to work at the time people on NA go to work just so the servers are all down at the same time makes no sense, our timezone is different, so work at different times.

I really hope NCSoft is gonna change the current maintenance schedule time.

I don't understand why they have to do maintenance on EU and NA simultaneously, I really hope they move the EU schedule to a better time for us europeans.

Or if not atleast compensate us with something. Right now it really sucks and it doesnt help that its the 2nd time this week already.

1 minute ago, Mighty said:

I don't think it's that hard to guess mate. 2am - 6am or whatever, when most people are asleep.

The servers ARE located in different places. Making the people on Germany go to work at the time people on NA go to work just so the servers are all down at the same time makes no sense, our timezone is different, so work at different times.

Well i think that for now they dont have suitable team in Germany to do those maint so they are doing it this way. The game has just launched and most of us want a perfection in a week. 

Well why don't your all go play WOW then (and pay for it) lol, maybe you forget that no matter what someone has to pay for these people when they have to be at work, why don't you start to think about other people as well and come on it is just a game.... no the end of the world.. or maybe it is to some people :)

It's not about perfection, it's about them getting millions from the current player base and not employing a couple of programmers that could do the maintenence in Germany.

Anyway, they do answer to issues, but only the ones that make them lose money (gold sellers). They rest of the problems in the game are not being answered. For instance, we're not able to send mails to alts and they have said we could since launch, it even says so in the support page. There have been half a dozen topics about this, the comments from NCSoft were something along the lines of: "We're trying to stop gold sellers" instead of responding to the issue we asked about.

Bah i had posted this on the wrong section cause had too many forum pages open, so here it goes.
 think that what EU players are most annoyed at is the fact that NC is only thinking on the NA maintenance timings. I could be wrong and my english sucks so i hope i pass the message right, but it would feel a bit less one sided if they did maintenance like, ''OK we can't fk up NA timing but if we do at 3am it will suck a lot for EU, soo, what about we just fk up NA for 1 or 2h, we do at 0:00, will be ready at 5am, for EU will be at 8am to 1pm, ppl who have free time after lunch can play. Its not perfect for both, but its better fr one and almost awsome for the others''. Idk just a tweek in the timing.

As for maintenances, i think they should happen a lot in this first weeks after launch...at least they are putting effort

12 minutes ago, Pravus said:

Well why don't your all go play WOW then (and pay for it) lol, maybe you forget that no matter what someone has to pay for these people when they have to be at work, why don't you start to think about other people as well and come on it is just a game.... no the end of the world.. or maybe it is to some people :)

I for example AM paying since you're implying most of us aren't. As someone above mentioned it's not too much to ask employing a few extra hands when they are getting a huge income from Europe player base. And I'm not complaining about maintenance happening too often, I simply ask them to happen during nights and not 13:00.

First of all I must say that is good that you try to fix bugs, install some filters to avoid the gold sellers to ruin the game experience or any kind of maintenance just to make our game experience better. I really apreciate the work but... You should take down the servers in other frame time.

The NA servers are always taken down later at night while we have our maintenance times in bad times for a lot of players, I expect that there are more players connected and playing at 1-2PM that at 3AM. So please, take down EU servers also later at night like NA.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Lickage said:

As the title says... For us European players it's getting really on our nerves that the server goes down for maintance between 11:00 - 16:00 (UK) or 14:00 - 19:00 (Belarus + Russia). It just sucks that everything is based on NA timezones and when THEY are not playing... While it would be nice and much apreciated when u think a 'lil bit about us europeans and when we like to play because so far all the maintance sessions have taken place on times when most of us want/can play.

Best regards,

Frustrated European player

Totaly with you there. And it's like 5 hours and 30 mins this time. It sucks. And when the servers come online, I gotta wait 3 hours more til I can log in, cuz it's when peak time starts. GG WP NCsoft, why can't you do your stuff somewhen at night?

Archived