European players Treated like Second-class citizens

Lickage

1 minute ago, Rugba said:

yea that's not my username, not sure what was even the point of doing that(do you feel better after that?) , yea I totally wasted 2 mins laughing at all the whiners here, I should completely change my life around damn, spending 2 mins laughing at others who whined for 4 hours = whining , yea you guys have some amazing logic, I will look at your whines next week just to laugh some more :).

Ive said it before. The chat dont work in game. So the shining continues.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's understandable that the European players are frustrated about this and if it were reversed it would be NA players complaining and EU players telling them to suck it up.  

If the European market is so viable as to warrant their own servers then it stands to reason that server maintenance should be held in their time.  I haven't played a lot of MMOs but those I have, generally have both NA and EU servers yet all server maintenance and events are on NA times.  Though I would also like to note that all of them are also headquartered in NA.   However, it just doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility to have dedicated EU staff to coordinate with NA staff to do maintenance separately.  If, for reasons we don't know, it's just impossible to do the maintenance separately, then they could reasonably choose a time that would inconvenience all time zones the least.  And I don't think anyone can deny that EU players are getting screwed with these maintenance schedules.  

The statement "You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time but never all of the people all of the time." (or something to that effect), is more than applicable to this situation and there will always be people who will be upset by the way things are being handled.  But they should atleast try to adjust things to meet both regions time demands instead of just leaving one side to feel alienated.  That's just good business.

No, the game hasn't been officially released for that long and yes, they may have plans to change things in the future.  However, an outcry from the EU player base will do more to further that goal than a 10 page thread during every maintenance, it just isn't going to get any real attention.  There are thousands, tens of thousands of players on the EU servers.  Which means there are more than enough people equally frustrated about this that just aren't saying anything. There are tons of reasons for this but I'd guess the two main ones are language barriers and they either don't come to the forums or just don't think it will do any good.  And actually, someone already started what I was going to suggest;

3 minutes ago, Caladiel said:

but if I could make another suggestion to the petition starter, translate it into the other languages popular on your servers.  And you'll have to make players aware of it, this thread isn't getting that much attention anymore now that maintenance is over.  I'd also recommend using a service like http://tinyurl.com/ to make an easy to remember address.  I really hope something is done, because it just makes too much sense to ignore.

CorrosionWhite, no we wouldn't. There's a difference. They're marketing the game to EU, placing servers in EU- yet everything is given in US times, or USD and with NA players in mind. Not once with EU players in mind. This should give attention to NCSoft, as we all know (and there are studies on) most people don't use forums, so when a page gets 10 pages - something is wrong.

5 minutes ago, nimix said:

CorrosionWhite, no we wouldn't. There's a difference. They're marketing the game to EU, placing servers in EU- yet everything is given in US times, or USD and with NA players in mind. Not once with EU players in mind. This should give attention to NCSoft, as we all know (and there are studies on) most people don't use forums, so when a page gets 10 pages - something is wrong.

I honestly don't know anything about forum use statistics.  I've just seen lots of threads like this popup during game maintenance and it never seemed to go anywhere unfortunately.  But if you say this is sufficient, then I'll leave it at that.  Though I also think Caladiel is also on the right track.  

You bring up another good point about the currency value difference between the USD and Euro that I also think should get more attention.  But I'm not versed enough in the European market in general or currency exchange to really understand the reasons behind there not being price point adjustments.

Stuff are generally more expensive over here, and its very hrad to balance money in europe since all countires are different (looking at you Norway rich sons of... ) But I think all that we want is some attention and love from NCSoft, not the typical EA treatment we're currently getting :f

Archived