I will be quitting if we don't get extra premium for downtime

Fadedine

It's posts like these that are just absurd. Everyone always thinks they are and or should be entitled to some sort of compensation for little things all the time. Oh the game shut down for 30 minutes??! wheres my 30 days of premium back for that??" Honestly people if this is the kind of stuff you complain about then you really should actually take the time out your life to read ToS before starting anything and actually do your research on the game. One thing I notice in any game now is the lack of research people do when going into something, an excellent example is head start, before head start on social media, streams, and in videos posted up about NA B&S there were about 200 different signs people could see of super long Mushin queues, but what happened? People didn't bother to do even the slightest bit of research to see that it was coming and then that even turned to 1000 different complainer posts to flood the forums, blaming the devs and all kinds of other people left and right for it (WHEN THEY WARNED YOU). 

The only people I do feel for are EU because of the whole timing thing. but that honestly shouldn't be complained about either when the game is being ran from NA, it's not a matter of them favoring NA times and servers, hell even some people in this country don't get off work or wake up till around these maintenance times, but people are so clouded by what works best for them and them only not the people running the darn thing, and not even thinking about these simple things. If you disagree and dislike how things are ran and are upset because you wanted to rush right in and buy your premium and all your costumes and spend half of your weekly paychecks on the game just to see and say  "Oh I'm inconvenienced by this maintenance that the game has. You know that thing needs to fix all the problems that me and my friends and 1000 other people are going to come complain about on these forums and protest and tell everyone about how we won't spend any more of our hard earned cash that we just threw at the game without even thinking about it so we could complain and demand more when a few more things that also inconvenience us happen, a her dee der" that is then your fault and your fault only, so blame yourself for not waiting to see how things unraveled first.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LuckyAbrams said:

Whoa, you mean a game that's been out for over 3 years is running smoothly while also having a fairly interesting story line due to it being the main selling point of the game? I am shocked. Thank you oh wise one.

Blade and soul has been out for over 3 years too.

I have to know that there isn't going to be maintenance every second day for 5+ hours before i buy premium. If there is. It's just a waste of money, Can someone enlighten me?
Here in Denmark the timing couldn't be more inappropriate.

6 minutes ago, idisdain said:

Your looking at it too narrow, you're the one with bad comprehension skills, cause it could fly in court. There's been worst things beat in court. It's to vague as a tos, and it leaves room to fight.

no you are looking to broad trying to read things into it that are not there because you want to whine about down time there is no guarantee provided to have access therefore they are not legally liable if there is no access. 

Stand fast iron wall of BnS defenders. You will soon kick everyone with a complaint out of the game and you can throw money endlessly at Ncsoft in peace.

Seriously though, you can't expect to be compensated for maintenance when you literally signed an agreement saying they don't have to do that. 

HOWEVER

NCsoft asked for your (our) money and time to support the game. They asked for your money before the game was even out The game is finally out and everyone wants to play it and it's not available for 1/4 of the day almost every day? Do they have to compensate players who put their faith in NCsoft and bought premium, items, services? No, absolutely not. Should they do something as a sign of good faith to the people who said "we will support this game that you are offing, and not another game"? It would certainly make my opinion of them a bit more colorful. 

As I'm sure you know, this is a new game. Similar to a horse being born its kind of wobbly at first before it takes off running, MMOs are no different. Most have long queues, constant crashes, iirc WoW was down for almost a week, FFXIV:ARR had an issue (3102) where almost half the playerbase was unable to log in for days. This game was far more popular than they were ready for and just like every other MMO, they did not learn from previous launches mistakes.

The first 2 weeks will suck, if you want to wait that out, go for it. But what is happening right now is actually overall above average (including the terrible queues). If you dont' fear maintenance every 2 days on other MMOs, you have no reason to fear it on this one.

7 minutes ago, idisdain said:

Your looking at it too narrow, you're the one with bad comprehension skills, cause it could fly in court. There's been worst things beat in court. It's to vague as a tos, and it leaves room to fight.

AT&T and every other phone company has a similar clause in their tos. I know I used to work for tech support for them. The phone companies, who you pay way more for a month for, don't guarantee you'll be able to access it anytime. and they aren't required to provide a credit or compensation either.

If you try to take a case over 5 hours of lost game premium time, you will be laughed at by everyone there.

tl;dr- you agreed to the tos and it says basically "Sorry but i cant promise it will always be up." So stfu.

There are millions of things in Denmark much more inappropriate.....

SERVICE AND AVAILABILITY

1. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NCSOFT MAY IN ITS REASONABLE DISCRETION PROVIDE SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS, ENHANCEMENTS, MODIFICATIONS, UPGRADES OR PATCHES RELATED TO ANY PART OF THE SERVICE.
  2. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SERVICE MAY BE INTERRUPTED FOR REASONS WITHIN OR BEYOND THE CONTROL OF NCSOFT, THAT NCSOFT CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE GAME OR ANY ACCOUNT WHENEVER YOU WISH TO DO SO, THAT NCSOFT WILL INTERRUPT THE SERVICE ON A REGULAR BASIS FOR PURPOSES OF MAINTENANCE OR UPDATES AND MAY DO SO WITHOUT PROVIDING YOU WITH NOTICE BEFORE SUCH INTERRUPTION, AND THAT NCSOFT MAY PROVIDE SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS, ENHANCEMENTS, MODIFICATIONS, UPGRADES OR PATCHES RELATED TO THE GAME THAT YOU MUST ACCEPT AND/OR INSTALL BEFORE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE GAME.

A lot of these replies remind me of the Wildstar launch not so long ago. The fanboys would ridicule anyone with a complaint about the game, saying they should find another game to play, etc...

Do you know what happened there? The game is so *cricket*ing empty there are 2 servers left for every region, one PvP one PvE. The PvP servers are so empty, you're advised by others to just play on the PvE server.

If you blindly defend this game while showing others the door, you will destroy this game. Have a little common sense and be respectful or shut up.

Just now, Centimani said:

A lot of these replies remind me of the Wildstar launch not so long ago. The fanboys would ridicule anyone with a complaint about the game, saying they should find another game to play, etc...

Do you know what happened there? The game is so *cricket*ing empty there are 2 servers left for every region, one PvP one PvE. The PvP servers are so empty, you're advised by others to just play on the PvE server.

If you blindly defend this game while showing others the door, you will destroy this game. Have a little common sense and be respectful or shut up.

exact same thing is happening right now to blade and soul

It's frustrating but not going to stop me from playing.

That said, I think the OP has a point.  I don't see how this could even qualify as "Scheduled Maintenance".  Sending a note out via twitter and forums 5 hours before (in the middle of the night) does not make this unplanned event a scheduled maintenance.

This should be considered an Emergency Maintenance window and outside of the scheduled maintenance windows. With most organizations, this would be subject to SLA penalties.  But there is no SLA.... so i guess there's no obligation from NCSoft at all - even if they do this twice a day every day.

20 minutes ago, Fadedine said:

Lol, the game's been out for 3 years, in ASIA. its 2 weeks old here in NA/EU, sure the game could be running smoothly" cause its been out for 3 years. But do you know what NCsoft's system's? What their system's capabilities are? Were you expecting them to predict the future and the surge of players who signed up to play BnS which overloads their system? Even if its been out for 3 years there are SO MANY factors and variables as to why the game cannot run smoothly at its initial launch, you expect it to be "smooth" but like i said, how are they suppose to predict whats going to happen or what errors and issues they faced. what if the asia server DID NOT  experience such issue and errors, then its a new issue to fix for the NA/EU servers. So once again there are so MANY variables and factors which may cause such results. You sir have proven that you're a closed minded, selfish inconsiderate prick which this community can afford to lose and not care about.

You started yet another thread about the maintenance and down time the simple fact is it will happen as often as it needs to happen to keep the game playable.

YOU agreed to that in the ToS.

And Yes I know you are in Denmark you mentioned it in your OP as if it meant something special.

Guy stfu noone cares. This is how new releases work. Should have seen ff14 you would cry in a corner gouging your eyes out if you knew maint was 14-16 every day for the first few weeks. Noone cares about your premium its part of the gaming hazard when you start a new game.

Archived