I will be quitting if we don't get extra premium for downtime

Fadedine

1 minute ago, Olivar said:

Please.

Get rid of the idea that only school-going kids or working people are playing.

There's so much more people playing:

• Sick people at home
  • people without job
  • People where one parent stays home
  • college students

please broaden your horizons a bit

Sick here, Stays at home some days (I sub teach so i work some days too) Don't care that's its down. The perspective doesn't need to be broadened. 

They have data so likely they looked at it and decided the times would effect the least amount of people. Now that doesn't mean people won't be affected by the downtime but it seems like the goal is to get the servers for EU up before the prime time playing hours and the NA will come up sooner. 

NCsoft is already in the office earlier than most people go to work unless you are on some kind of shift work 

In order to take EU down around lets say 5AM they'd have to be in stupidly early. I think doing it at the time they are conducting it allows for better access in case something happens they won't be as tired and will be able to maybe fix something quickly rather than letting it progress through the weekend. If they had to separate NA/EU times that might not happen

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Drint said:

It is basically noon to 5:30pm for Eu players right? So explain how this is prime time or does Europe not work and go to school during the day?

As soon as you get a job you will get to know the work model nowadays. It's called flexitime and as employee, you are allowed to shift your work time as you like as long as you get your stuff done. Not even talking about trusted flexitime. Oh, and I have over 3 weeks of overhour, that's why my company wishes me to cut fridays to half a day which is much better for them than me taking 3 weeks vacation.

1 minute ago, Leraine said:

Honestly, people saying "leave if you don't like it" are on the same page with people demanding stuff as compensation. It adds nothing to the argument.

Thats the thing lol with that attitude a lot of players just lurking the forums will do just that. 

OP, you give us premium members a bad rep =/. You aren't special. We all accepted the same agreement. If all this downtime is leading to fixes and better quality of life concerns addressed, well sounds like I'm getting some bang for my buck.

You can quit, as it is your right, it is your wallet. But stop acting like all premium members share your vendetta and if you leave, we all leave. Not everyone gets bent out of shape for a couple cents lost. The game will still be here, with or without you. Your wallet isn't anymore more special than mine.

5 minutes ago, GhostPengy said:

Like all major companies who actually do good do it. Do it in the least peak hour. Oh but NCSoft West is located in NA. Well, then make a separate maintenance for both...

Let me correct, sry. NCSoft West games are dead. NCSoft Korea, yes they are alive and well, because they actually care about their player-base... Don't forget BnS is what, 4/5 years old game for Korea? The graphics alone look horrid imo, when I play I have a feeling I am playing one of those facebook/mobile games. XD

It is much more efficient to have maintenance happening at the same time in both locations. Let's say they have tasks A, B, C, and D to do. If one group does it 5 hours before the other and gets to step C and something goes wrong, then they have to delay maintenance. If If they're both working on it at the same time, the one group may be able to get through step C and explain how to the other, or if they both have errors, they can put twice as many brains to work on how to fix it.

So at that point, we're looking at what the most efficient time to do so is. Unfortunately, you have a 9 hour time gap between the eastern reaches of Europe and western United States. And so we have to look at what times have the least players on in the entire world. We'll assume 3 AM is the most off peak time. So then you look at it like this. Who plays more - US gamers from 6 PM - 11:30 PM, or European Gamers from Noon until 5:30 PM?

5 minutes ago, Anrothan said:

Over 3 years... ouch, I am sorry to hear that. 

Serious question... did you get 3 outfits?

Why are you sorry to hear that? No regrets here.

As for your question: Yup. I like to rotate which one I wear. Makes me feel like I am doing laundry.

56 minutes ago, Grievuuz said:

This.

NCsoft doesn't owe you anything. If anything, I'm grateful that they're so quick to implement bug fixes, my only gripe is that they really should try doing them during nighttime in the EU, not in the middle of the day.

Pretty much this. My main gripe though is the use of "scheduled" versus "emergency". By scheduled, they mean just a couple hours ago they decided to do maintenance. Usually when something is scheduled in my experience with mmo's, you'd know about it a couple days in advance, not a couple hours prior to. I definitely think this fits under emergency maintenance, considering we've already had... 3 this week?

But whatever, at the end of the day, I care very little. Still getting my money's worth.

5 minutes ago, LuckyAbrams said:

OP, you give us premium members a bad rep =/. You aren't special. We all accepted the same agreement. If all this downtime is leading to fixes and better quality of life concerns addressed, well sounds like I'm getting some bang for my buck.

You can quit, as it is your right, it is your wallet. But stop acting like all premium members share your vendetta and if you leave, we all leave. Not everyone gets bent out of shape for a couple cents lost. The game will still be here, with or without you. Your wallet isn't anymore more special than mine.

Ya, what he said...

Seriously though op,if you're that pissed go to support see if they'll help you.

15 minutes ago, GhostPengy said:

Like all major companies who actually do good do it. Do it in the least peak hour. Oh but NCSoft West is located in NA. Well, then make a separate maintenance for both...

Let me correct, sry. NCSoft West games are dead. NCSoft Korea, yes they are alive and well, because they actually care about their player-base... Don't forget BnS is what, 4/5 years old game for Korea? The graphics alone look horrid imo, when I play I have a feeling I am playing one of those facebook/mobile games. XD

What Facebook games are you playing that have graphics on the level of Blade and Soul? O_o

I'm kinda agreeing to this post. I started playing sunday last week on the Jiwan server. I paid for premium on my fiance's recommendation about queue times. Since then in Australia (AWST), the server down time is right when I start playing and finishes right when I go to bed. That's two days out of my premium I'm getting jack shit. Plus the Jiwan Server has gone down for extended periods twice apart from this. ... I have only been able to play solidly twice for my money so far. That is a little excessive in my opinion.

Although you people are right that the OP agreed with NCSoft terms when he made his purchase and that maintenances are unavoidable in a game that has just been released it's still a fact that he's not receiving the product he has paid for.

Letting aside the legal spectrum for a few seconds, ethically speaking it would be great if NCSoft could provide those players with a small extension of their premium accounts (one day or so). I doubt it would be costly for them and it shows a sign of good will and understanding that the usability of their product is lacking in its first weeks.

3 minutes ago, Yxion said:

Why are you sorry to hear that? No regrets here.

As for your question: Yup. I like to rotate which one I wear. Makes me feel like I am doing laundry.

I am glad to hear that you have no regrets. I just dont normally buy prem longer than a month (in this case Founders 3 months) because in the end I dont know if I will like it or not. Plus, in 6 months they will get rid of the dragon skin outfit and sell the Soul Mate costume. That is why I say ouch because if you were to have waited you could get the 3 exclusives every time they swap out skins.

Just now, WakuWakuUsagi said:

Although you people are right that the OP agreed with NCSoft terms when he made his purchase and that maintenances are unavoidable in a game that has just been released it's still a fact that he's not receiving the product he has paid for.

Letting aside the legal spectrum for a few seconds, ethically speaking it would be great if NCSoft could provide those players with a small extension of their premium accounts (one day or so). I doubt it would be costly for them and it shows a sign of good will and understanding that the usability of their product is lacking in it's first weeks.

This is all I want. Just an acknowledgement they messed up and haven't been on top of things. 

So...because the asians have had the game in asia for yeas on their own technology.....porting the game here on our own technology should make the game flawless because nothing EVER goes wrong with technology.

Grow the *cricket* up and learn some shit.

"OMG I CAN'T PLAY B&S FOR 5 HOURS AT 2-7AM I SHOULD BE SLEEP BUT I'D RATHER COMPLAIN ABOUT MAINTENENCE BEING AT THIS TIME THIS GAME SHOULD RUN PERFECTLY ON SYSTEMS IT'S NOT BE OPTIMIZED FOR 6 *cricket* YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGG"

ECH -JONTRON SOUNDS-

Sir please :|

2 minutes ago, WakuWakuUsagi said:

Letting aside the legal spectrum for a few seconds, ethically speaking it would be great if NCSoft could provide those players with a small extension of their premium accounts (one day or so). I doubt it would be costly for them and it shows a sign of good will and understanding that the usability of their product is lacking in it's first weeks.

are you a lawyer by chance lol.. Solid argument cricket!

man everyone here is so nice here...i would've literally KICKED him out if it was up to me. complaining about maintenance really....
and then you are not going to give money anymore...really? sorry but that threat has been thrown around and abused way too much. and it is absolutely not justified in this case. its just whole lot of bullshit holding people to ransom over this. but hey what do you expect. online is full of dicks and idiots like you that constantly make bs.

and thanks to some moron asswhole who thought to complain about not getting evolution weapon in dungeons. To someone learning like me I thought thats where you are suppose to get it from. but it isnt. you have other places to get it. if I stuck on with him without paying attention i'd been stuck there for an eternity. *cricket*ing idiots complaining when they are just plain stupid.

and how many days have you played? half the days are maintenance LOL...................

maintenance just started not long ago. this is oceanic prime time, not NA prime time? its also NA server oceanic doesnt have one????

2 minutes ago, WakuWakuUsagi said:

Hell, if they cared about good will they would have given a week of premium to the bottom tier of early access. I had to pay yet again just to be able to use the character I leveled.

Archived