Forums

I will be quitting if we don't get extra premium for downtime

Fadedine

1 minute ago, noodelwoman said:

*slow clap*

I especially find it hilarious that EU people are complaining, when the patch has two new servers FOR THEM!

Because in 90% if the cases maintenance windows fall within the core playtimes of EU people.

It's not that EU people are against maintenance, it's that we usually get shafted by them falling in our prime time moments.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Yxion said:

I purchased the 365 day premium 3 times and had 90 days premium from founders pack. And then some from one of the other packs that had a training ticket built in...

Why....

I mean in 2 weeks premium will be irrelevant when you are at cap.

1 minute ago, Olivar said:

Because in 90% if the cases maintenance windows fall within the core playtimes of EU people.

It's not that EU people are against maintenance, it's that we usually get shafted by them falling in our prime time moments.

I get that. But they're getting much more than the rest of us in return for this maint.

Case in point, I play in the morning. And this whooooole morning is out in Toronto.

I'd honestly thought that gamers would have a bit better understanding of the difference between software and hardware...

Saying that the game has been out for years has no relevence what, so, ever. <sarcasm>Servers are hardware, like that magical machine that runs the game for you, the game is software, it runs on that magical machine. </sarcasm>

17 minutes ago, GhostPengy said:

The maintenance is starting at 12ish CET, so will end at around 6 at earliest (because we know they are planned and never happen in time). From a marketing/PR standpoint I would be murdering IT with such a step, I would be murdering my own IT people with such a step. It is FRIDAY MIDDLE OF THE DAY! I mean that is like stabbing yourself in the foot. And there is no excuses to close the game in the top hours, for minor updates. Unless it is game breaking what it is not.

Top hours? Do you realise that this maint. is not just for EU? Honestly, they picked a pretty good time to do it at if you take EU, the US and Oceanic regions into consideration. Most normal people/adults, will just have gotten out of work/uni over here in europe, so not entirely sure what you're complaining about.

Just now, noodelwoman said:

I get that. But they're getting much more than the rest of us in return for this maint.

Honestly, that's a scewed perception.

We might be getting new servers but that does very little for the established communities already playing on the populated servers.

Because let's face it, 90% of them are not going to change server.

2 minutes ago, Laskaris said:

So it's NCsofts fault that they're off work?
So when do you exactly propose doing a server maintainence if during the day while the magority of people are at work isn't good enough?

Are people forgetting that Blade and Soul IS Ncsoft's game? From the Team Bloodlust division - they sold publishing rights to Tencent for China but they still own the KR version, which is still alive and well. Why else do you think we're getting the 45/50 content so quickly? So "dead like rest of NCsoft games" is a rather moot point in this instance.

In a sense Ncsoft is at fault but not to the extend people are claiming tho.

They could've for example provided  a chat filter form the begging fo the game as they were aware of the situation with the bots from the other server in KR and JP for example.

They are not at fault with the population, they responded fairly quick and added new ones to accommodate that so props to them.

Most suitable time for maintenance  would be past midnight  but since its an emergency one sometimes it cannot be avoided.

I believe  the use of "scheduled"  maintenance  infuriated people more as it made it think that Ncsoft on purpose choose this time to bring down the servers...

Just now, Drint said:

It is basically noon to 5:30pm for Eu players right? So explain how this is prime time or does Europe not work and go to school during the day?

Please.

Get rid of the idea that only school-going kids or working people are playing.

There's so much more people playing:

• Sick people at home
  • people without job
  • People where one parent stays home
  • college students

please broaden your horizons a bit

2 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Honestly, that's a scewed perception.

We might be getting new servers but that does very little for the established communities already playing on the populated servers.

Because let's face it, 90% of them are not going to change server.

Actually it does a crapload. There aren't going to be even MORE people joining those packed servers now.

"You acknowledge that Service may be interrupted for reasons within or beyond the control of NCSOFT, that NCSOFT cannot and does not guarantee You will be able to use the Game or any Account whenever You wish to do so, that NCSOFT will interrupt the Service on a regular basis for purposes of maintenance or updates and may do so without providing You with notice before such interruption, and that NCSOFT may provide subsequent versions, enhancements, modifications, upgrades or patches related to the Game that You must accept and/or install before You will be able to use the Game."

You agreed to it. That's all there is to it. It's not NCSoft's fault that you don't know how to read.

That said, I'm not exactly happy about 2 maintenance in a week either when the issues being fixed aren't exactly earth shattering. But, well, gives me some time to do other stuff.

2 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Please.

• Sick people at home
  • people without job
  • college students

Does EU not have netflix or something?

As a premium member and a huge supporter of this MMO, I am glad they actually invest so much time into working on the servers and the game itself. I've played MMO's for 10 years now and I have yet to see DEV's put so many hours in at the office. 

5 minutes ago, Laskaris said:

So it's NCsofts fault that they're off work?
So when do you exactly propose doing a server maintainence if during the day while the magority of people are at work isn't good enough?

Are people forgetting that Blade and Soul IS Ncsoft's game? From the Team Bloodlust division - they sold publishing rights to Tencent for China but they still own the KR version, which is still alive and well. Why else do you think we're getting the 45/50 content so quickly? So "dead like rest of NCsoft games" is a rather moot point in this instance.

Like all major companies who actually do good do it. Do it in the least peak hour. Oh but NCSoft West is located in NA. Well, then make a separate maintenance for both...

Let me correct, sry. NCSoft West games are dead. NCSoft Korea, yes they are alive and well, because they actually care about their player-base... Don't forget BnS is what, 4/5 years old game for Korea? The graphics alone look horrid imo, when I play I have a feeling I am playing one of those facebook/mobile games. XD

crying_baby_xlarge.jpeg 

I spent 15 euro's on premium and that constitutes for roughly 50c a DAY. i have to work 8 hours a day for minimum wage (roughly €10/h ) which makes that 50 cents worth about 3 WHOLE minutes of work a day :CCC

but tbh, i spend more time on the crapper checking my phone and pooping at work, so it's all good.

1338845252854.cached.jpg

1 hour ago, Olivar said:

Goodbye then.

Terms of Agreement clearly state that there is scheduled downtimes.

And seeing you are playing the game you pressed this "Accept" button when starting the game.

So yeah......

Idle threats.

Most MMOs announce their maintenance schedules days in advance. Usually available from a well made launcher as well as their forums and twitter/facebooks. This one, although I love it and i'm glad they are fixing things, has a bad habit of announcing it the day of. 

1 minute ago, Nickilli said:

Why....

I mean in 2 weeks premium will be irrelevant when you are at cap.

Rank 10 Premium benefits that still matter at MAX level:

Increased Gold Earned from Daily and Feld Quests: 30%

Increased Gold Earned from Combat: 150%

Extra Hongmoon Coins from Combining: 100%

Reduced Marketplace Commission Fees: 50%

Increased Marketplace Sell Slots: Simultaneous Posting Limit: 15; Max Daily Limit: 100

Increased Currency Exchange Sell Slots: Simultaneous Posting Limit: 15; Max Daily Limit: 100

Reduced Weapon Glamour Fees: 90%

Increased Gathering and Crafting XP (AKA Guild Points): 100%

Faster Chi Recovery: 15s

Windstride Cooldown: 0s

Reduced Weapon Evolution and Breakthrough Fees: 30%

Wardrobe Deposit: YES

Exclusive Tab in Dragon Express: YES

Dragon Express (Sell): YES

Additional Daily Dash Spin: YES

Login Queue Priority: YES

Class-Specific Dazzling Windwalk: HELL YES

Remote Storage (Access Vault Anywhere from Inventory): **** YES

Hongmoon Store Discount On Select Items: YES

3 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Please.

• Sick people at home
  • people without job
  • college students

While you are right, what you are forgetting is that a larger portion will be working/school etc. It's statistically proven that lulls in population happen during working hours so if they want to disturb the LEAST amount of people, that is when they're going to have to do it.

1 minute ago, Mgizle said:

As a premium member and a huge supporter of this MMO, I am glad they actually invest so much time into working on the servers and the game itself. I've played MMO's for 10 years now and I have yet to see DEV's put so many hours in at the office. 

As annoyed as I am with not getting to play all morning, that is the *cricket*ing TRUTH.

2 minutes ago, GhostPengy said:

Like all major companies who actually do good do it. Do it in the least peak hour. Oh but NCSoft West is located in NA. Well, then make a separate maintenance for both...

Let me correct, sry. NCSoft West games are dead. NCSoft Korea, yes they are alive and well, because they actually care about their player-base... Don't forget BnS is what, 4/5 years old game for Korea? The graphics alone look horrid imo, when I play I have a feeling I am playing one of those facebook/mobile games. XD

Then leave, problem solved.

3 minutes ago, GhostPengy said:

So... why are you wasting time complaining on this forum exactly?

Archived