I will be quitting if we don't get extra premium for downtime

Fadedine

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GhostPengy said:

A lot people are off. And the maintenance will not be over when people will be getting home. If you open up and game is down a lot people will go do something else instead of sit there are and wait. Less they play less NCsoft will make... But I give this game 3 months and it will be dead like rest of NCsoft games... Because it is NCsoft, all they do is quick milk west and then forget about the game... Have fun fanboys defending, don't worry, nothing has changed here. XD

my man. spot on. spot on. *golf clap*

1 minute ago, Nickilli said:

SERVICE AND AVAILABILITY

1. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NCSOFT MAY IN ITS REASONABLE DISCRETION PROVIDE SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS, ENHANCEMENTS, MODIFICATIONS, UPGRADES OR PATCHES RELATED TO ANY PART OF THE SERVICE.
  2. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SERVICE MAY BE INTERRUPTED FOR REASONS WITHIN OR BEYOND THE CONTROL OF NCSOFT, THAT NCSOFT CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE GAME OR ANY ACCOUNT WHENEVER YOU WISH TO DO SO, THAT NCSOFT WILL INTERRUPT THE SERVICE ON A REGULAR BASIS FOR PURPOSES OF MAINTENANCE OR UPDATES AND MAY DO SO WITHOUT PROVIDING YOU WITH NOTICE BEFORE SUCH INTERRUPTION, AND THAT NCSOFT MAY PROVIDE SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS, ENHANCEMENTS, MODIFICATIONS, UPGRADES OR PATCHES RELATED TO THE GAME THAT YOU MUST ACCEPT AND/OR INSTALL BEFORE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE GAME.

It is not even fine print it is as clear as day I Highlighted the most relevant part for you since you can't seem to comprehend it.

This is confusing me. I acknowledge the terms of service and understand that unexpected inconveniences may occur, but to say we "acknowledge" and not "We (NCSoft) are NOT Accountable for Compensating players that we're Denied there entitled Service" is confusing. That's all I'm saying.

10 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

really you paid for 3.3 years of premium up front. Show where tht option is even available in the store.

I purchased the 365 day premium 3 times and had 90 days premium from founders pack. And then some from one of the other packs that had a training ticket built in...

5 minutes ago, GhostPengy said:

The maintenance is starting at 12ish CET, so will end at around 6 at earliest (because we know they are planned and never happen in time). From a marketing/PR standpoint I would be murdering IT with such a step, I would be murdering my own IT people with such a step. It is FRIDAY MIDDLE OF THE DAY! I mean that is like stabbing yourself in the foot. And there is no excuses to close the game in the top hours, for minor updates. Unless it is game breaking what it is not.

Ncosft is stuck between a rock and a hard place, il tell you why.

Imagine that a important exploit has been discovered  and it needs to be applied across  the servers to fix it.Now they cannot wait and apply the fix to NA only as it will allow Either other regions to exploit it until the fix comes or the platform doesn't allow them to apply certain fixes separated . I think they are using the time to fix these problems while adding new servers.

Im curious tho if the platform allows hotfixes.

1 hour ago, Novastar said:

Oh my god, an MMO with a rough launch period? that's completely unheard of. I mean it's not like wow was down for weeks at a time, or other NEW mmos had to go down for unforseen issues to be fixed. And before you play the "But BnS isn't new" neither was FF14 reborn, and it still had issues at launch. 

All these games have one thing in common. The dev teams worked hard to make sure they worked. And if that meant a little more downtime to give us a smooth experience. So be it. So buck up or shut up.

Hilarious, the mmo is already 5 years old so i wont call it exactly "NEW" 

after 5 years of "testing" yes i would expect a smoother launch and less downtime, no one would accept this if it would happen to any other product that has a history of being on the market for 5 years already. 

Only real difference here is the actual publisher and all i can say NCsoft is doing a poor job here.

to ask for compensation isn't much, as all it should be is just to extend the premi period by the time they take the server down. alot of  other F2P mmo's do that whewn u actually bought a duration item.

Now to say that the maintenance is actually for no reason....

Well we all did complain about the spammers/bots and they are actually trying to fix it which imo is a good thing and thumbs up for that, though i also think NCsoft could have seen this coming and could have prevented this right from the start

A lot people are off. And the maintenance will not be over when people will be getting home. If you open up and game is down a lot people will go do something else instead of sit there are and wait. Less they play less NCsoft will make... But I give this game 3 months and it will be dead like rest of NCsoft games... Because it is NCsoft, all they do is quick milk west and then forget about the game... Have fun fanboys defending, don't worry, nothing has changed here. XD

Disagree. There's a core fanbase here that seriously enjoys the combat system. There are obviously a couple other MMOs with similar combat, but I doubt it's really the same.

I don't understand how people complain over small stuff like this...

Have you ever played a game from Trion - (Archeage) or Bohemia Interactive - (DayZ)

So far I've had 0 issues with the game so far.

Oh...And to the guy that made this forum post, Bye bye o/

1 minute ago, 884555_1452550509 said:

This is confusing me. I acknowledge the terms of service and understand that unexpected inconveniences may occur, but to say we "acknowledge" and not "We (NCSoft) are NOT Accountable for Compensating players that we're Denied there entitled Service" is confusing. That's all I'm saying.

The highlighted portion she/he gave you explains why no compensation will be given.  If it stretched into multiple days then yes they prob would give some kind of compensation....but this is normal for lauches, patches and expansions.  Seriously, are you new to online gaming because this is general knowledge.

Seriously, half the people on these boards are completely naive and completely stupid. Have you ever been part of a huge MMORPG launch before? You're complaining about the queues being long, while in fact, they're actually shorter then some of your other well known games. Played WoW, Aion or maybe GW2 at launch? You had queues on 14+ hours in the first week there. Theres always been meassures implented to help with all of this.

And now, you have people like you crying up a shitstorm about compensation. If you seriously think that there exists a game out there, that has a completely flawless launch, then you should go bash your head against a wall, thanks. Its rather normal to have several maints. within the first month of a game release, not to mention that these where actually scheduled, and you knew about them for a while, IF YOU WOULD READ. Next to that, half the features implented, are features that WE requested.

Seriously, stop your whining people, go the hell outside for a couple hours, do something productive with your lifes and stop acting like total douches.

Just now, Nickilli said:

I do not think it is possible to buy multiples of the year premium unless it is for alternate accounts.....

I honestly believe that was excessive hyperbole....

Nope you can.  It just adds premium time.

So it's NCsofts fault that they're off work?
So when do you exactly propose doing a server maintainence if during the day while the magority of people are at work isn't good enough?

Are people forgetting that Blade and Soul IS Ncsoft's game? From the Team Bloodlust division - they sold publishing rights to Tencent for China but they still own the KR version, which is still alive and well. Why else do you think we're getting the 45/50 content so quickly? So "dead like rest of NCsoft games" is a rather moot point in this instance.

1 minute ago, Shikizu said:

Seriously, half the people on these boards are completely naive and completely stupid. Have you ever been part of a huge MMORPG launch before? You're complaining about the queues being long, while in fact, they're actually shorter then some of your other well known games. Played WoW, Aion or maybe GW2 at launch? You had queues on 14+ hours in the first week there. Theres always been meassures implented to help with all of this.

And now, you have people like you crying up a shitstorm about compensation. If you seriously think that there exists a game out there, that has a completely flawless launch, then you should go bash your head against a wall, thanks. Its rather normal to have several maints. within the first month of a game release, not to mention that these where actually scheduled, and you knew about them for a while, IF YOU WOULD READ. Next to that, half the features implented, are features that WE requested.

Seriously, stop your whining people, go the hell outside for a couple hours, do something productive with your lifes and stop acting like total douches.

*slow clap*

I especially find it hilarious that EU people are complaining, when the patch has two new servers FOR THEM!

2 minutes ago, Nickilli said:

I do not think it is possible to buy multiples of the year premium unless it is for alternate accounts.....

I honestly believe that was excessive hyperbole....

The saddest part about it is the extra Silver Dragons taking up inventory space.

14 minutes ago, GhostPengy said:

The maintenance is starting at 12ish CET, so will end at around 6 at earliest (because we know they are planned and never happen in time). From a marketing/PR standpoint I would be murdering IT with such a step, I would be murdering my own IT people with such a step. It is FRIDAY MIDDLE OF THE DAY! I mean that is like stabbing yourself in the foot. And there is no excuses to close the game in the top hours, for minor updates. Unless it is game breaking what it is not.

During major patches, lauches, and expansions you can expect maint at any time of the day even during peak hours to address issues and patch those issues.  You are running on the impression that this game having been out in korea for a while should be fine out the door when in fact we are not getting the game as is from korea.  Nor do we have the same hardware they are using as their servers are older.

Just now, noodelwoman said:

*slow clap*

I especially find it hilarious that EU people are complaining, when the patch has two new servers FOR THEM!

Irrelevant, new servers do not fix their issue hence why nobody complains about them.

Just now, noodelwoman said:

*slow clap*

I just don't understand 95% of the people whining. It's like they're expecting to have a say in any of this. For  all I care, BnS has had a pretty solid launch imo. I've seen other MMO's that did far worse at release lol.

Sure, 5.5 hours is quite a long maint. But hey, Autumn skins hype, amirite? xD

Just now, Zarec said:

Nope you can.  It just adds premium time.

that is good to know I will probably just buy the year again when my year gets down to around a month or so left. (if I am still playing, I feel I will be but one never knows) The game is cool and for the first time I don't mind 1v1 arenas I usually hate PVP loved it in Scarlet Blade the battles (but hate level cap was 29 at the time) but I did my first rounds of Arena matches and enjoyed it (maybe because I won most the matches which is rare for me) LOL 

Don't need compensation playing the game is enough

Archived