I will be quitting if we don't get extra premium for downtime

Fadedine

Just now, noodelwoman said:

The issue isn't constant maint. The issue is the number of hours it's for. I love that they're addressing our problems, but I'd rather more frequent downs in shorter chunks. Maybe an hour every day until launch has been smoothed out. I don't know, doubt anybody will agree with me.

You must be new to online gaming.  5 hours is relativity normal for patches and maintenance.  Especially if they encounter problems with the patch they just implemented.  

Heck are you familiar with computer technology in general.  Just trying to figure out how much I have to explain and how technical it can or can't be.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Furholden said:

Precisely what I meant because F2P players these days carry a "BnS won't survive without F2P crowd" attitude, thus my use of the wording entitlement.

Il give you an example.

employees are normally entitled to severance pay

The biggest difference between and employee and a player is contract and ToS and how differently both cases are coverred by LAW.

In the game scenario a player cannot be entitled unless the company itself gives him/her the right to be and received payment for that.Hence why F2P are more flexible in that department.

Anyway we can go on about this for ages the thing is,everyone got the right to voice their issues about the game/services that are provided ,especially the ones that support the company.

37 minutes ago, Fadedine said:

All I'm hearing is excuses. 

68a7b3a700ba605b3c73969246ac6537.jpg 

With some background experience, it is honestly true you can't predict how well a server can hold the players until launch. I'm sure they have stress test this, but you have to understand that their stress testing can not cover over the amount of players that we've seen at launch. You comparing it to that of clients in other regions is kinda pointless...They are JP/w-e...we are NA/EU. Not white-knighting, but that's just being plain factual. 

7 minutes ago, 884555_1452550509 said:

Link me to the fine print about the ToS denying compensation to the consumer for unplanned and unscheduled maintenance. I can only find info on Denial of Comp. for Scheduled.

SERVICE AND AVAILABILITY

1. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NCSOFT MAY IN ITS REASONABLE DISCRETION PROVIDE SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS, ENHANCEMENTS, MODIFICATIONS, UPGRADES OR PATCHES RELATED TO ANY PART OF THE SERVICE.
  2. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SERVICE MAY BE INTERRUPTED FOR REASONS WITHIN OR BEYOND THE CONTROL OF NCSOFT, THAT NCSOFT CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE GAME OR ANY ACCOUNT WHENEVER YOU WISH TO DO SO, THAT NCSOFT WILL INTERRUPT THE SERVICE ON A REGULAR BASIS FOR PURPOSES OF MAINTENANCE OR UPDATES AND MAY DO SO WITHOUT PROVIDING YOU WITH NOTICE BEFORE SUCH INTERRUPTION, AND THAT NCSOFT MAY PROVIDE SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS, ENHANCEMENTS, MODIFICATIONS, UPGRADES OR PATCHES RELATED TO THE GAME THAT YOU MUST ACCEPT AND/OR INSTALL BEFORE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE GAME.

It is not even fine print it is as clear as day I Highlighted the most relevant part for you since you can't seem to comprehend it.

7 minutes ago, MadBlue said:

I'm not talking about server population. I'm talking about server downtime for fixes and maintenance. Some people seem to think there shouldn't be any problems "because MMOs have been around for a long enough time to iron all of the problems out".

Server population can be a reason for an emergency maintenance ( which is in this occasion) . The problems are normal and this maintenance int something out of order honestly.

I would heavily argue tho that this maintenance is nowhere near near a scheduled one, never seen a scheduled one announced 1 hour before downtime.

4 minutes ago, Leraine said:

Il give you an example.

The biggest difference between and employee and a player is contract and ToS and how differently both cases are coverred by LAW.

In the game scenario a player cannot be entitled unless the company itself gives him/her the right to be and received payment for that.Hence why F2P are more flexible in that department.

Anyway we can go on about this for ages the thing is,everyone got the right to voice their issues about the game/services that are provided ,especially the ones that support the company.

You have a point but bear in mind I'm speaking about the F2P players complaining. We're paying customers. It is totally acceptable to complain.

But not for the F2P crowd. They can only offer feedback.

Just now, Furholden said:

You have a point but bear in mind I'm speaking about the F2P players complaining. We're paying customers. It is totally acceptable to complain.

The actual premium is only $15 a month. It's not horrendous. The cost of everything else in the store however...

1 minute ago, Yxion said:

I paid for over 1200 days of premium.

I could care less about losing a few hours.

In fact... how about they just do a week long maintenance? I could use the sleep.

really you paid for 3.3 years of premium up front. Show where tht option is even available in the store.

2 minutes ago, Yxion said:

I paid for over 1200 days of premium.

I could care less about losing a few hours.

In fact... how about they just do a week long maintenance? I could use the sleep.

You "could care less" means you DO care.

Couldn't care less/ could NOT care less is the phrase you were looking for. 

Do people really want to experience WoD release again? Servers crashing all the time and whole world lagging so bad you can't do anything? Is that better than maintenance? On Windrest I've seen one few second lag spike that was probably my connection, and cross realm + arena been down twice. I say they have been doing excellent job keeping the game running properly.

Just now, QueenSheba said:

You "could care less" means you DO care.

Couldn't care less/ could NOT care less is the phrase you were looking for. 

No I meant what I said.

I could care less, but I don't. The lack of caring is at an appropriate level for this situation.

Okay you lot deal with servers when you have over a million people to cater for, go on, get to it considering you know so much.

And the people saying "the game is like 3 years old, whaaaaa" yeah that is good and all but that doesn't mean the game has been sat on the current hardware they're using for 3 years now does it? This has nothing to do with the game itself.

B&S has been one of the better launches for games, I don't think they were quite expecting this amount of people to play so at least apreciate the scale of which they're dealing with. You should be happy, they've added what, 8 new servers? Fixed bugs and are getting a handle on the gold spammers. 

I really do not understand why people don't think this stuff will happen, it's the same for every game launch. We'd probably get a days worth of prem compensation because the servers probably haven't even been down for over a day in total yet, at least not from my exerpience so far. (For the record I have three months prem from the Masters pack)

F2P users agree to the same ToS and other rules as Paying users.

In other words, both you as paying user and non paying one deserve the same treatment.

Which i agree to an extend. You see, a free player is a potential customer for the company. The game is free in order to appeal you to either support it or to make your expirience more enjoyable.

This is the reason why companies take all crowd into account even free players can bring them income by making their game popular, look at league of legends for example.

10 minutes ago, Zarec said:

You must be new to online gaming.  5 hours is relativity normal for patches and maintenance.  Especially if they encounter problems with the patch they just implemented.  

Heck are you familiar with computer technology in general.  Just trying to figure out how much I have to explain and how technical it can or can't be.

The maintenance is starting at 12ish CET, so will end at around 6 at earliest (because we know they are planned and never happen in time). From a marketing/PR standpoint I would be murdering IT with such a step, I would be murdering my own IT people with such a step. It is FRIDAY MIDDLE OF THE DAY! I mean that is like stabbing yourself in the foot. And there is no excuses to close the game in the top hours, for minor updates. Unless it is game breaking what it is not.

Many people can defend the server ,thats is normal... 
but all know ... about the service is bad! 

They do not reward people for the fallen service and that say about the cost of items , clearly it is an abuse for many people

NCSOFT really has a monopoly, people testing their tolerance hope people fall 1200 NCOIN not paying for a suit that should not exceed 500

But those who have this same feeling forget the other comments as stupid will always be people who defend those who exploit people .

Regards.

2 minutes ago, GhostPengy said:

The maintenance is starting at 12ish CET, so will end at around 6 at earliest (because we know they are planned and never happen in time). From a marketing/PR standpoint I would be murdering IT with such a step, I would be murdering my own IT people with such a step. It is FRIDAY MIDDLE OF THE DAY! I mean that is like stabbing yourself in the foot. And there is no excuses to close the game in the top hours...

God forbid people aren't working on a Friday during the day...

Just now, Laskaris said:

God forbid people aren't working on a Friday during the day...

A lot people are off. And the maintenance will not be over when people will be getting home. If you open up and game is down a lot people will go do something else instead of sit there are and wait. Less they play less NCsoft will make... But I give this game 3 months and it will be dead like rest of NCsoft games... Because it is NCsoft, all they do is quick milk west and then forget about the game... Have fun fanboys defending, don't worry, nothing has changed here. XD

Archived