Forums

PSA: The New Hairstyle is Broken

dayvekeem

I paid 600 NCoin just to have my Gon female grow a lightning shaped bald spot. Thanks a lot NCSoft. You guys sure know how to make people want to continue purchasing your high quality digital items. This is a PSA to help others who might care about this sort of thing before purchasing.

img]fQNFr74.jpg?1

1 minute ago, Yxion said:

Because I always closely zoom in on the top of people's heads in game while I am flying through the air with the greatest of ease.

You don't have to care about cosmetics. Other people do. 

People are different. Woahhhh..... mind blown.

1 minute ago, dayvekeem said:

You don't have to care about cosmetics. Other people do. 

People are different. Woahhhh..... mind blown.

12615281_10208845678245674_4829995501001

Because I totally don't spend tons of money on cosmetics.

(FYI I have every item from Hongmoon Store if you aren't picking up on my sarcasm.)

Just now, Yxion said:

12615281_10208845678245674_4829995501001

Because I totally don't spend tons of money on cosmetics.

(FYI I have every item from Hongmoon Store if you aren't picking up on my sarcasm.)

Oh, well then join me in my chorus of anger at the 600 NCoin I could've spent on more bags.

1 minute ago, Gargamellow said:

It's not broken... at all.
This game has the character designers Hyung Tae Kim and his wife KKUEM, if you've ever looked at their work before, it's their style.

This is present is ALL of their works.
bladesoul-promo-art3_hyung-tae-kim.jpg?i

Those don't look even close to as bad as the pic I posted. I see what you are saying but this 2D Rendering has gradients that smooth out the edges on the 2 guys who might look like they have a bald spot. In 3D it doesn't translate, and I'm sure it wasn't intentional to mimic the style. IF it was, it was terribly done...

6 minutes ago, Gargamellow said:

Then let me show you EXHIBIT B, the official Pohwaran artwork design THAT CLEARLY SHOWS THE PART IN HER HAIR.

It's not broken and you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. You are stupid /THREAD.

art-girl-fantasy-anime-1097570.jpeg

I'm not making any mountains...

And like I said to the other guy, in 2D renderings it works but it doesn't translate to 3D very well. Maybe it's not a big deal to you, but it is to me and others so I'm directing this towards those types of people. No need to make a mountain out of a molehill buddy.

4 minutes ago, Yxion said:

Yeah well no one bothered to ask why Poharan was frowning in the picture.

Maybe she doesn't like the fact that she is going bald?

And now she will take her anger out on you.

With a mini-gun.

To your face.

:O

I think you nailed it. She knows she is too young to be balding already and is now ready to take her anger out on the world. Someone get her some Propecia, stat!

2 minutes ago, BestWaifu said:

Its called a hair part, not a bald spot. also not not everyone has a skinny line for hair parts especially if their hair is very stringy.

I have long hair, I would know. Mine goes down to my waist. It does not do that when I part it lol. Nor does anyone else that I konw.

3 minutes ago, dayvekeem said:

I have long hair, I would know. Mine goes down to my waist. It does not do that when I part it lol. Nor does anyone else that I konw.

hair length doesnt matter, hair texture does. I have very very thick hair, so my parts are practically non existent. however I seen stringy hair people with large parts. Just because you dont have large parts doesnt mean its the same for everyone.

Also if you wanna blame it for being broken blame the korean modelers who made it exactly like her concept art, which features a large part. NCsoft just hosts the game.

2 minutes ago, Gargamellow said:

Of course they're the same for everyone and zigzag parts don't exist, and if they do, they MUST be balding in some way.
Can't forget about braid parts, but they must be balding too.
c6ca61cce80ea5fb9709ae66cbec260e.jpg cornrows+3.jpg

48 minutes ago, dayvekeem said:

fQNFr74.jpg?1

Yup. Looks totally legit.

1 minute ago, Zakarosh said:

A softer tone would be more realistic on the top head part : ) And a less abrupt line in the mesh used for hair too. It's a matter on how much you invest on fine details.

I agree completely. As it is now, they should've just covered it completely. Would've been simple. I don't get it because they normally have amazing art direction on all their models. 

Considering this is Cash Shop item, I think they should at least make it look decent. I mean, they have a zoom function specifically in this MMO as a unique feature...

One can hope.

2 minutes ago, Syckpie said:

This game is just being realistic (toootally), you know not everyone has lush thick fat long hair :D

Behold the thin weak hair version :D

Ok I laughed. I'm just imagining the next hairstyles to show up in the cash shop:

Split Ends (sounds cool actually... the name, i mean)

or

Bleach-burned Scalp

They need to add some fugly hair options for all the ridiculous abomination like characters out there,example: Male Gon with grasshopper skinny legs and an afro etc..

Or they can just add more shop items with nekkid scalp, works too :D

3 minutes ago, Syckpie said:

They need to add some fugly hair options for all the ridiculous abomination like characters out there,example: Male Gon with grasshopper skinny legs and an afro etc..

Or they can just add more shop items with nekkid scalp, works too :D

much like this?

]qtbqowT.jpg

Archived