Forums

2 times a week maintenance? I want a compensation.

Separty

6 minutes ago, NorsteinBekkler said:

It's your choice to sit here and whine about something you don't deserve,  that's pretty childish.

Creating hypotheticals that are completely irrelevant to the situation you're actually in is pretty childish.

What you and everyone else is doing is petty and underhanded and... You guessed it, pretty childish.

Everyone here is fully aware of what happens when new games get launched, especially popular ones.  Even when they're AAA titles backed by AAA companies and millions of dollars.   It's just another bug-squashing, server-endurance driving, cluster*cricket* of shit gone awry.

I'd imagine not one person here wasn't aware of that fact but you want to try and punish a company for doing what's necessary and healthy for the game because you're self-entitled and greedy.

Pretty tasteless in my book.

Think about any other business, with customers and 24/7 issues, does it sound right to you to take the keys and shut everything.

I don't think your business will go far that way :)

Once planted in a week, on the exact same time and ofcorse on low populated time. Is light and absolutely alright.

But give a few hours warning and shut things for 5 hours is wrong.

So some cute compensation could be nice just give some positive to the negetive around.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Abonimus said:

I dont really mind that there is a maintenance or two or three ... 

But 5 and 6 hours for almost nothing ? Come on ...

I can only imagine how long its gona take to get a bigger update running! A day ? Two ? Three ? 

10 February will be the day one ... apocalypse maintenance of 1 day?? ROTLF 
the bad thing is the new issue wave post patch (did they use to test new content?)

SERVICE AND AVAILABILITY

1. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NCSOFT MAY IN ITS REASONABLE DISCRETION PROVIDE SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS, ENHANCEMENTS, MODIFICATIONS, UPGRADES OR PATCHES RELATED TO ANY PART OF THE SERVICE.
  2. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SERVICE MAY BE INTERRUPTED FOR REASONS WITHIN OR BEYOND THE CONTROL OF NCSOFT, THAT NCSOFT CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE GAME OR ANY ACCOUNT WHENEVER YOU WISH TO DO SO, THAT NCSOFT WILL INTERRUPT THE SERVICE ON A REGULAR BASIS FOR PURPOSES OF MAINTENANCE OR UPDATES AND MAY DO SO WITHOUT PROVIDING YOU WITH NOTICE BEFORE SUCH INTERRUPTION, AND THAT NCSOFT MAY PROVIDE SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS, ENHANCEMENTS, MODIFICATIONS, UPGRADES OR PATCHES RELATED TO THE GAME THAT YOU MUST ACCEPT AND/OR INSTALL BEFORE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE GAME.

I'm not premium, and I really do not mind about the maint.
But I find it somewhat strange that theese issues was not called for before release.

The game has been running on PC in Asia for quite some time, they surely got the fixes implemented over there already, so why not release for EU and NA with those fixes?
I understand they add servers, that's totally ok!

Loving the game so far! :)

55 minutes ago, Lecruidant said:

FFXIV had a VERY smooth launch. TERA didn't have multiple either. I've played every major at launch thanks. I've never seen something go down equally as much as a 5 dollar *cricket* than BnS 

Lmao that's a lie and a half. I got early access to FFXIV and that launch was AWFUL! They didn't even have queues, the servers crashed and burned and maintenance there was about 6 hours each time and it was multiple times a week. Even to this day after they add a patch they have to take the game down at least 4 times that week. That game has been relaunched for a year and maintenance is still a huge issue there. 

FFXIV Has A Smooth Launch if you want a laugh. 

people bitching maybe read the T&C's

1. SERVICE AND AVAILABILITY
    1. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NCSOFT MAY IN ITS REASONABLE DISCRETION PROVIDE SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS, ENHANCEMENTS, MODIFICATIONS, UPGRADES OR PATCHES RELATED TO ANY PART OF THE SERVICE.
    2. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SERVICE MAY BE INTERRUPTED FOR REASONS WITHIN OR BEYOND THE CONTROL OF NCSOFT, THAT NCSOFT CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE GAME OR ANY ACCOUNT WHENEVER YOU WISH TO DO SO, THAT NCSOFT WILL INTERRUPT THE SERVICE ON A REGULAR BASIS FOR PURPOSES OF MAINTENANCE OR UPDATES AND MAY DO SO WITHOUT PROVIDING YOU WITH NOTICE BEFORE SUCH INTERRUPTION, AND THAT NCSOFT MAY PROVIDE SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS, ENHANCEMENTS, MODIFICATIONS, UPGRADES OR PATCHES RELATED TO THE GAME THAT YOU MUST ACCEPT AND/OR INSTALL BEFORE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE GAME.

This is outrageous. I am not paying one single dime more for this game, for as long as there will be maintenance in the middle of the day, and at the end of my 9-month subscription, if we europeans are still treated like crap, I will quit playing altogether. I will also encourage my guildmates and everyone else I know and going to meet ingame to do the same.

It is such a shame that a good game turns into a source of frustration because of this "amazing" management. 

One thousand gold-sellers are better than this schedule. 

Someone quoted this... you call this REASONABLE? Also, why is it written in caps? So you can shove it in our faces?

BOOOOO!

1 minute ago, Biiscaa said:

peoplebitching maybe read the T&C's

ToS  made to cover fails and money refunds. But sometime when you actually can make everyone smile, why not? after all, we didn't asked free Moonwaster stones or recipes..

1 hour ago, Lecruidant said:

FFXIV had a VERY smooth launch. TERA didn't have multiple either. I've played every major at launch thanks. I've never seen something go down equally as much as a 5 dollar *cricket* than BnS 

I'm sorry did you just say FFXIV had a smooth launch.. Error 1017 would like a word with you..  

Best Launch.

I don't mind server maintenance, it helps the game run better and become more enjoyable, however, to do NA maintenance at 3am and EU at 11 am is ridiculous. I understand the time zones and differences but surely both can be done at separate times, I almost always play around mid day and early afternoon (before work) so i miss out on almost a whole day of playing :(

I don't mind mait. (don't that even though i'm paying the servers are down) 

I woke with a headache today and couldn't go back to sleep so I was going to log in but can't oh well

Demanding compensation though is only going to harm things in the long run (if they give in) 

Anyone play Archeage? 

Mirage Donkey was broken, everyone knew it was broken because the bug was reported right away, Trion said they were on fix, people still spent loyalty points on it because the bug made it way better than normal donkey, trion announced fix, people complained they wanted their loyalty points back, trion gave in. 

Trion tried loyalty packs to bring players back to the game who had left, overreached in their packages, people complained they wanted the same treatment, trion gave in

then anytime something happened no matter how minor people demanded compensation 

that game is now so p2w its not funny. 

Please don't demand compensation. is down time sucky? of course it is. But it happens? EU players I'm sorry it's during the day but is it what would be considered "primetime"? if so then maybe submit a ticket explaining how the EU times are overly inconvient. If we are talking the servers are down till 5-6 PM right before "primetime" I don't think you'll have much of case. I work from home when I am not sub teaching so if I lived in the EU i could see where that would be annoying but it's not something to demand compensation over. The compensation is hopefully things are getting fixed 

The game's been out for like 2 weeks and a lot of people are already getting rather obnoxious. 
Games that depends on servers gets cramped sometimes. 
Games that rely on servers need maintenance to work properly.
Games that runs on servers gets updated which sometimes take time. 
Pretty sure that you (in one of those 3 legal agreements) agreed to that these things might happen. 

Some things take time. That's how the world works. Live with it.

A 5-hour downtime is not the end of the world, just do something else. Sheez

I am a Premium and i am free from work today, but i dont care some time this happens and need to be done,

Go clean your room or go to friends.

Also if you spent monny on premium you suport the game so dont complain about it

Archived