Forums

5 Hour Downtime again

Barronak

1 minute ago, Flareon said:

"NCSoft fix this, fix that, terrible game, blah blah"

"NCSoft took down the game to fix what we wanted, terrible game, blah blah"

there's just no pleasing you guys is there? 

I could not have said it better myself Good job 10/10

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is one very good point to all this complaining....

That is that everyone cares so much about playing this game that they stick around no matter what, i hope this game does not go bust, i personally think that it is the best mmo out, once all the issues are fixed, and those gold spamming *cricket*s *cricket* off, there will be nothing to complain about.

Anyway, announcing a maintenance 5 hours before is not an Scheduled Maintenace.

A maintenance on Wednesday and now another on Friday, during EU daylight time.

Is nice to see Devs fixing things (after all, this game is their bussines, and they want to keep it running) but for EU players is a terrible time; not only  for the 5 hours with servers down, the queues and the overflowed launching server during the next 1hour after the servers go up are an annoyance too.

Could be possible to find a maintenance time not hitting EU daylight time? others MMO's have done in the past.

Just now, CrowHead said:

There is one very good point to all this complaining....

That is that everyone cares so much about playing this game that they stick around no matter what, i hope this game does not go bust, i personally think that it is the best mmo out, once all the issues are fixed, and those gold spamming *cricket*s *cricket* off, there will be nothing to complain about.

I total agree, and it is better then WoW and it will not be back again i used to play *WoW* for nearly 10 years and now i stopped as the game is so dam boring i got all character to max lvl and maxed out all Prof on 2 chracters lol :/ rip life :(

As a premium member I don't mind down time and hot fixes but my two cents is that this is just annoying and an inconvenience.  I feel bad for EU players as well as they get the server taken down at the worst times -- midday.  I've already read countless posts by those that don't care about having to wait 5.5 hours to play and most ultimately bring up the question: "Why don't "you" get a life and go do something else? Game is all you do..make friends, find something else and stop complaining?"

Actually, I think many of us Do have lives outside of gaming and come on at scheduled times during the course of our busy day to relax and have fun on a game.  Personally, I work most of the day and come home and have only a certain amount of time in which I can come on and play.  The maintenance, scheduled or not, takes away from the scheduled time in which I set aside to play which is frustrating.  I do have other things I can do but I would like to play this game.  I think that is the riveting issue. 

Complaining isn't going to fix the problem but since there are at least 3 threads on this already, I figured I'd leave my thoughts on at least one of them. Two times in the course of a week is pretty often for 5.5 hour maintenance times. 

Of course, I agree that crying and whining is annoying which is why I don't cry and whine. I merely point out that it's a stupid timing. I genuinely wanted to play the game right now and much like most other people who do play it, I don't want to mess up my sleep schedule because of a game, so I don't play until 6am. Does it destroy my life? lolno. It's annoying but that's as far as it goes.

Stop acting like I'm the one who's crying about the downtime. I'm just saying the timing is stupid. That's it.

We aren't annoyed by the fact that it can't be changed. We know that it can be changed and this is why we talk about it. The more a company sees their potential customers complain about a certain thing, the more likely they will change it in order to ensure a higher chance of people actually becoming customers. How can you not understand this?

The uncontrollables in real life are annoying too and sometimes can ruin a lot, sure. But I yet have to meet a millenial whos fabric of existance was wrecked by it.

We complain about shit that can and should be changed. We voice our oppinion.

The people legit crying about this kind of stuff are a tad younger.

i'm sure people would be less annoyed if the issues being addressed by the downtime weren't things that should have already been fixed.  this game is not exactly new, and on top of that, EVERY MMO IN HISTORY has had these same exact issues at launch.  yet despite both of these facts, they still somehow managed to be completely unprepared for basic shit like overpopulation, spam and bots.

I have a Solution ...

It seems that NA people don't mind having Maintenance during the time they are all awake,

PLEASE CHANGE THE TIME OF THE MAINTENANCE, when it's the MIDDLE OF DAY THE DAY FOR NA PEOPLE! I'm sure they are pretty cool with it and won't complain.

AND MAKE SURE HAVE IT SUPER LONG like 8 hours or 10 hours...then BRING UP when the EU people and OCEANIC people are up!

Everyone happy!

17 minutes ago, Serai said:

As a premium member I don't mind down time and hot fixes but my two cents is that this is just annoying and an inconvenience.  I feel bad for EU players as well as they get the server taken down at the worst times -- midday.  I've already read countless posts by those that don't care about having to wait 5.5 hours to play and most ultimately bring up the question: "Why don't "you" get a life and go do something else? Game is all you do..make friends, find something else and stop complaining?"

Actually, I think many of us Do have lives outside of gaming and come on at scheduled times during the course of our busy day to relax and have fun on a game.  Personally, I work most of the day and come home and have only a certain amount of time in which I can come on and play.  The maintenance, scheduled or not, takes away from the scheduled time in which I set aside to play which is frustrating.  I do have other things I can do but I would like to play this game.  I think that is the riveting issue. 

Complaining isn't going to fix the problem but since there are at least 3 threads on this already, I figured I'd leave my thoughts on at least one of them. Two times in the course of a week is pretty often for 5.5 hour maintenance times. 

I couldn't agree with you more here.

To those telling people to 'get a life' or 'go do something else' or 'get a job, go to school', that is exactly what a lot of people already do. Meaning we have a limited time to game.

I, personally, both work and study. I have very limited time between those obligations as well as family and a partner. So trying to find time to game can be difficult. However, for the past 3 days I have tried to do so. The first day, was met with a 4.5hr scheduled maintenance. The second day, my server crashed for a brief period of time, however long enough to be an inconvenience. Today, I am once again met with a scheduled maintenance, expect to last 5.5hrs.

This is the first Friday night I have had off in months, and I am unable to play.

Lately, between queue times, scheduled maintenances, emergency maintenance and server crashes, I have had very little game time.

I even bought premium to counteract the queues, but it hardly seems worth my money at the moment.

I am all for fixes and maintenance and solving issues. I am all for downtime, if the endgoal is smoother gameplay. I won't die if I lose a few hours a week in downtime.

I understand it is difficult to schedule a maintenance to suit every timezone.

However lately I feel that the maintenance are far too long, far too frequent, poorly planned, and poorly executed.

• I feel the two maintenances could have been performed together this week. Rather than two very lengthy downtimes, with minimal changes in each. This is what I meant by poor planning. 
  • I think you need to start doing separate maintenances for NA & EU. NA having to suffer lengthy downtime for two new EUs servers is ridiculous, as is EU coming down during their daytime, just because it better suits NA.
  • As for poorly executed, I am no expert on server maintenances or the technical side of gaming at all, but never have I played a game where maintenances last longer than 2-3 hours. The length of these downtimes is outrageous and surely is unnecessary. Perhaps more can be done in the form of hotfixes.

Time to find something to do during this downtime, but I thought I'd throw my two cents in somewhere.

like some ppl say "get a life its only 5hours, get a job bla bla bla" now the thing is, i got 3 kids, they are at school between 08:00 - 15:00 so the only time i can play is basiclyl when they are at school and thats the time the server shutsdown, so yea i got a life, and i want to be able to use my spare time playing games,

its great they try to fix stuff, but like ppl sed, alot of this problems should have been prepered for pree launch,

3 hours ago, EChondo said:

I'm in NA and I'm a "night owl", so yeah, they do take down the servers when I'm on them. So yes it does effect me and no I don't care if they do have to take the servers down. They are fixing issues that need to be addressed.

can second this

im not salty about it but i woke up, got on for about 1hr, and the servers got pulled until 8am my time....which is usually when im heading to bed lol

but i got to watch a video of a scorpion in a bowl fighting a crab to dramatic music so the night wasnt a total bust

Heya guys,

I just wanted to add my two cents. Anyone who plays a lot of MMOs knows these things happen when the servers are new, (even when the game is 5 years old). I also have lots of other things I could do but it I had planned to play B&S today and now I cannot. I'm not expecting any form of compensation for this downtime but I really do think NCsoft should be at least offering something. A few hours is fair enough but 5 seems excessive, someone told me they do all the servers at the same time and thus five hours - would it not be better to do one server and get it back up then move onto the next?

15 minutes ago, Fuz said:

Always in the worst possible time for EU.
I'm tired of this shit.

Definitely not the worst time for EU, the worst time would be 5-6pm and then it affects a lot more people than just those who play earlier in the day. Ideally it would be late night for EU since it's quietest then, but that means it negatively affects our little brothers and sisters across the ocean.

Having said that, the servers we play on have so far been incredibly robust (at least on my end) quite impressed there were very few problems during launch as well (except the usual queues) In every other MMO I played there were server crashes, mass lag, and all sorts of other troubles.

Seriously, years are passt from the first time i saw the EU website for BNS, and even if they had enough time (since they basically had only to transalte the game)

the result shows like their only preoccupation was to make random censure. 2 weeks from release and most of tuime i tried to play i was waiting the game was opening (yes opening not que for the server) seeing bullshit maintenace everything made by a team that can't even split up a fuking maintenance between continents....

I got it!!! They still belive that the earth is flat

23 minutes ago, Genophix said:

Heya guys,

I just wanted to add my two cents. Anyone who plays a lot of MMOs knows these things happen when the servers are new, (even when the game is 5 years old). I also have lots of other things I could do but it I had planned to play B&S today and now I cannot. I'm not expecting any form of compensation for this downtime but I really do think NCsoft should be at least offering something. A few hours is fair enough but 5 seems excessive, someone told me they do all the servers at the same time and thus five hours - would it not be better to do one server and get it back up then move onto the next?

Yeah and even worse is WoW is over 10 years old now, and it still have so many bugs xD

1 hour ago, Magozz said:

This is perfect, now I can just play the Division BETA lol

Yeah, thats down as well.. Theyre hoping to bring it up by tomorrow, maybe.

These problems have been around since 1999, they dont care, why should we.

Archived