5 Hour Downtime again

Barronak

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea can't they do it on like a Tuesday or something? It's friday afternoon in Europe ffs. 12:00-17:00 Is like the worst time possible I think (in The Netherlands). You know how many people are free on friday afternoon?

Just now, equinukes said:

I dont care bout NA , why the hell they disrespect EU customers . Every server downtime including that right now is at bad time for European comunity.

And? I mean yeah i cant play either at all as i am from Eu also but hey i got other games to play so who cares xD

I guess that most QQing comes from the "midday maintenance thingy" not so for "mkay,its a special un-scheduled maintenance". For many players THAT timing is right in the mid of the day.

I bet that they could have done in more "dead hours"(for EU).

of course they are not legally obliged to listen to their fanbase. but evidently you wouldn't think it to be quite the smart move to listen to your fans if you're trying to make money with it.

I mentioned freedom because nobody but me should care why I can play during a workday. Did I just lose a job? Do I just have a day off? Do I work nights? Is it part-time? It doesn't matter and it's my freedom to spend my time with what I want.

I'm not saying NCSoft is negatively influencing my freedom (in a way but I already mentioned that I'm perfectly fine with server downtimes in general so who would hold it against them), all I'm saying is that the people shouldn't defend something that is easily changed and just an inconvenience to others.

If it doesn't inconvenience you, good. Don't belittle other people for being inconvenienced though.

Just as much as you'd be annoyed if you bought a game which just doesn't work but you can't return it for the next 5 hours. You'd be annoyed. You wouldn't be buttblasted and certainly wouldn't cry about it, but you'd be annoyed.

It's the same for us here. We're just saying it's silly and should be changed, which really isn't too much to ask for.

1 minute ago, Sheisiro said:

I guess that most QQing comes from the "midday maintenance thingy" not so for "mkay,its a special un-scheduled maintenance". For many players THAT timing is right in the mid of the day.

I bet that they could have done in more "dead hours"(for EU).

Yeah you could say that but really funny to read xD * So much hate and QQ*

2 minutes ago, DanielColunas said:

One day, if you grow up a bit you'll understand my point. This is a game, not life.

Maintenances must be done when they are needed not when people want and doesn't have to be a topic of discussion every single time that happens.

Yes, its a game, and people paid for a service (premium) and are unable to use that service an x amount of hours a week. If people cant use that service people will complain, which they have every right to do. To answer your other question, no, i have not played at all today, im at work just browsing the internet in my lunch break so this maintenance doesnt affect me at all.  Just find it strange they need +- 10 hours of maintenance a week, something is strange over there.

Just now, Roachz said:

Yes, its a game, and people paid for a service (premium) and are unable to use that service an x amount of hours a week. If people cant use that service people will complain, which they have every right to do. To answer your other question, no, i have not played at all today, im at work just browsing the internet in my lunch break so this maintenance doesnt affect me at all.  Just find it strange they need +- 10 hours of maintenance a week, something is strange over there.

Yeah not sure what is going on either really, but sure somthing is worng first 3-4 hours and then 5 hour and 30 min downtime, so yeah but hey we can have some fun reading QQ's xD

3 minutes ago, Roachz said:

"people paid for a service (premium)"

Founders Master Pack here and i'm not rich. See me complaining?

Stop crying a river about a maintenance or two, gosh. They are needed, end of story and stop whining and making excuses to support your addiction to the game.

FFS.

Either people complain about the problems that they're fixing with the maintenance or they complain about the maintenance itself. There's no winning with you people.

My main mmo that I played was TERA since 2012 and EME (publisher) was *cricket*ing awful at fixing anything at all in the game. They would -rarely- reply to the community that they were working on a fix for some problems brought up in the forums that they wouldn't actually fix in the end. They waited for the Korean patch to come through instead of fixing things themselves. Be happy that NCsoft is so responsive and fixes problems as soon as they are brought up in the forums. Stop crying that they're trying to fix the bots that everyone ever has been complaining about (even though you can just remove LFG and region since they're useless chats anyway).

Don't ask for compensation for a game that 90% of you play for *cricket*ing free. Even the paying members (myself included) get benefits for just having premium, and the downtime is only 5 hours in the morning on a weekday when most people are out working/school etc. We all get a free costume from the Daily Dash, anyway. They didn't have to give out a free costume to everyone, they chose to do that.

TL;DR Stop whining like *cricket*ing babies. You don't know how good you have it.

1 minute ago, CrowHead said:

ok, right, im going to go and neck myself, its my birthday and i took my night shift of here in Australia to play and the *cricket*ing servers are down, i laugh about it but im in a bit of pain while doing it... lol

Hey Happy Birthday mate. I hope you will have a good day or night xD

I assume that their way of delivering updates might affect this situation as well. They probably can't have two versions running at the same time - EU would be ahead of US if they do regional over night maintenance, that leads to version B being applied to EU client and server, US client would pull the update B, while the server is still on A... The NCsoft launcher pulls the update no matter what region you've set, doesn't it?

Nonetheless, it's still unprofessional and they should have foreseen this.

Well, well, to NA this time is almost perfect, for EU and SA is not perfect, you must think here are more than 6-8am.

By the way if this can solve lag issues with servers, prevent/instaban/instablock spammers, fix stupids area bugs (yep, you walk like every day and see your character coming back and stuck with the floor) and so on and say: "Okey we gonna close for a while" I'll reply; "okey, no problemo", but how this maintenance are for almost nothing I'm with you on that fell.

i like the fact that you have to maintain your servers every 2 days for *cricket* 4 hours + 

If thats no reason to never play a *cricket*ing game NCSOFT is part of ever again - you have to understand that THEY choose the time of the Downtime and they just *cricket*ing dont care about anything else then THEIR schedule (not the ones of their players) - so they again (after about 100k + complains about the last 2 Downtimes in EU) choose the *cricket*ing worst time for EU.

What does this tell me? NCSOFT is just not able to keep up with the standards of most of the MMORPGS these days and thats one of many reasons all their games die in about 3-6 months after they are released. They wont *cricket*ing listen.

Here you go NCSOFT - one more angry mother*cricket*er - next time go *cricket*yourself and make propper downtimes for *cricket*ing EU!

Thanks for listening.

Btw - i expect that we get at least 1 week of premium for free (like WOW did) for these shitty downtimes.

This game was released 3+ years ago in Korea!

You would think they would know what was needed for the game to run smoothly under a heavy server load 

when they released it to N/A and EU .....  Is it only just a converted Korean version of the game that was released to us?

3 minutes ago, Nnay said:

If it doesn't inconvenience you, good. Don't belittle other people for being inconvenienced though.

Oh, but wait a minute.... it's my freedom to do so?  

I do not belittle the inconvenience, I belittle the approach.  Crying and whining about "OMG MY DAY IS RUINED!  SERVER MAINTENANCE OMG!!" It's downright embarrassing knowing that I am part of a community that enjoys gaming but have whiny little children enjoying the same content that I do.  For someones life to be completely destroyed from one aspect because of a game is telling of their priorities.  Do you have the freedom to have these childlike stupid priorities?  Sure I suppose, but it doesn't make it any less ridiculous on your part to have them.  You must be a millenial.  You have to be.  There doesn't exist a non millenial that I have ever met that gets so upset and whiny about games that it retards their ability to live an effective life.

But you guys... some of you... I can't even imagine how your world must be shaken by the necessities of life, the uncontrollables, they must totally wreck the fabric of your existance.  Pathetic.

Archived