NCSoft you failed!!

azurie

Your recent attempt at controlling the gold seller spam bots was an utter failure. Now they are entirely unblock-able and unreportable as well. Also since the patch this morning I've noticed a drastic increase in lag spikes and I shouldn't ever have lag spikes even if i was downloading 100 gigs at my cap of 7.2MB/s I'm on a commercial connection I'm supposed to have an "awesome" connection with fantastic speeds. That I can live with it's the bloody bots that are hard to deal with.

I'm sure they're working on it. It's a bit difficult to come up with a solution in a couple of days. There's probably numerous procedures they need to go through and probably need to talk to PlayNC and/or Team Bloodlust to make certain changes.

That could very well be true. I know of a couple things that would help but if they haven't already thought of them I rather doubt it will prove to be useful to them now.

EDIT:

Also they likely didn't know about the increase in lag since this latest patch (hotfix rather) so that should be new information for them.

1 hour ago, Lermoran said:

I'm sure they're working on it. It's a bit difficult to come up with a solution in a couple of days. There's probably numerous procedures they need to go through and probably need to talk to PlayNC and/or Team Bloodlust to make certain changes.

You are quite right. I mean launch was what, 17th or 19th? Something like that, and its only the 27th. I think most people assume the game is suppose to function perfect when it has been running overseas in other regions for a few years. That is an understandable line of thinking,  but its just not so. There will still be numerous bugs and fixes, workarounds to come up with, until a permanent fix and patch can be implemented. Guess my point is, the bots and spammers isn't the only thing they got on their plate.

I know it sucks when a lot of people have been excited for "the new" game, to then experience all the initial difficulties. I think its well worth the patience though. Also the fact they have been making changes, even though they are having a hard time locking down the bots and spammers, shows its on the to do list.

I think the BnS teams will get a handle on it, but it will most likely be a headache for everyone, for a certain interim. How long that can be is a toss up. Still, well worth the patience in my opinion.

Azurie is right about the lag issue though, its muddling up my connection to, and I have a commercial line as well. Mines actually faster, and its still gets all choppy. Kind of a bummer, meh Poop happens......yes I said poop....its funnier then most words I use.

Archived