custom gangplank style

Ryis

2 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

Lol, yeah spend $20 USD for an appearance change to change the color of your hair so it changes the color of your wig! Greeeaaaaaat.

I guess the game doesn't have means to store additional info about costume such as color. Making it display the color of your character's hair instead of b/w or b/r is the perk of it.

I just find it stupid that that is how they describe the color change for the wig, the game isn't anything new or innovative and it isn't uncommon for coders to use another's code (it happens in all aspects of coding there's actually a saying between Web Devs 'there's no such thing as stealing code, only borrowing') so I don't see why they didn't add in dyes like every other Asian MMO. I mean some of the costumes (I believe) can be dyed so how do they go about those?

9 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

I just find it stupid that that is how they describe the color change for the wig, the game isn't anything new or innovative and it isn't uncommon for coders to use another's code (it happens in all aspects of coding there's actually a saying between Web Devs 'there's no such thing as stealing code, only borrowing') so I don't see why they didn't add in dyes like every other Asian MMO. I mean some of the costumes (I believe) can be dyed so how do they go about those?

I don't know of any dyeable costumes in BNS. In other games the costumes store information on applied/selected colors.

• 2 weeks later...

The exact description of the item:

Custom%20Gangplank%20Description_zpscue6

"Now available in the color of your choice!"

Well what if I want it in red, but my hair is white? Can I get it in red? No.

Can I get it in any ANY other color? No.

Well then it is not "available in the color of your choice" at all!

As far as I can see, this is false advertising, and is literally breaking the law. It is illegal NCsoft!

Don't tell me it doesn't count because it is a video game. It requires a purchase to buy this single item specifically. They think it deserves money, and you agree if you paid for this. There has been monetary compensation to NCsoft for an item that was as far, as I can tell, falsely advertised.

Now I agree that maybe it is ok if they don't let you color each side individually. The description does not say anything about that, so I could let it slide, but I want, at least, what was advertised!

Really, it would be nice if we could color each side, and recolor it as much as we want. NCsoft would sell more of them. I guarantee it. Giving the customers what you know they want? WOW! What a novel idea! However, I would settle for a simple change of the advertising in the store not even for my own sake, but, instead, just to fix the problem so it does not happen to any other PAYING customers. This would require NCsoft to change 1 sentence in a file in the Hongmoon store. It could be done in less than 1 hour by 1 person.

After pinning them down, I asked NCsoft what commitment they would make to see that the problem be fixed in some way. They outright refused to make ANY commitment to me to fix the problem other than forwarding the problem to the proper department for further review.

Don't tell me NCsoft doesn't know what item is going to be popular when they litterally lead the news message of new items in the Hongmoon store with a screenshot of it, and this was right after the first round of questions in their survey about what we would like to see in the Hongmoon store, so you know it had to be high on the list of priorities:

Screenshot_1_zps9tw3c9qj.jpg

@NorbertTheOpinionated

I don't feel like the issue will be changed unfortunately. They would expect players to:

1. Preview the item before purchasing, thus seeing the colour they'd have
  2. Believe that "Colour of their choice" is the choice they made upon creation

Sad to think that others will get caught by this, however you can guarantee they'll have a reason to not change it

• 3 years later...

Umm hi...i have a problem i bought the custom gangplank hair a week ago.. from the hongmoon store and i have stored it in the showroom but when i search for the custom gangplank its not showing up the only ones are showing up in the showroom are the red&black and the black&white...

2 hours ago, FairyNoire said:

Umm hi...i have a problem i bought the custom gangplank hair a week ago.. from the hongmoon store and i have stored it in the showroom but when i search for the custom gangplank its not showing up the only ones are showing up in the showroom are the red&black and the black&white...

If you are 100% positive you stored it in "Showroom", Make sure your Showroom filter is Selected on "All" or "Owned" If you mistakenly selected "Not Owned" in Filter, they will not show up in Showroom. 

Archived