Gambling in NCSoft products

Zoroaster

Good day,

In preparation for RNG cash-shop items;

I was interested in the possibility of conducting an interview with your staff about the use of lottery/gambling-based items within NCSoft games.

Would you be interested? Your participation will be noted in a future news article I’m publishing. I am an independent reporter.

Best regards, and Thank You.

NCSoft I'd also like do a interview on the kind of things, that you like to put on your toast in the morning.

I'm an independent person, who will publish the interview on facebook and may be a semi create blog, that no one knows about!

Just report them to your state for gambling.  You are using real money to gamble on boxes.  now if they could only be bought with hongmoon coins that would be the game currency. but as you are using real money....each state should have to way in as most states only allow state controlled gambling.  

Considering the state economies..you can bet they will want a piece of that cake.

Reporting them wont work. There is currently a loophole in the gambling laws that allow these gaming companies to run rampant. Unfortunately, Govt is much slower than technology. That loophole is the "token" or in our case the "NCoin".

If we were purchasing the ACTUAL boxes with Real Money, then yes, these companies would be held to the same gaming and lottery laws that currently exist, but instead we purchase a "token" that "may" be used in exchange for virtual products that a company offers. Thus buffering the actual Gambling from the Real Money.

Until Govt. catches on and catches up with this, it's only going to continue and grow.

If you were really interested in an interview, or in the least bit an actual journalist you'd know not to use the forums of all places to talk to a specific group other than the player base. Keep your day job, or get an actual job.

Archived