Ways to increase my FPS?

psychosamm

I just started playing blade and soul and im consistently running at 10 fps. I really would like to be able to play more smoothly, and I feel like at that framerate i wont stand a chance in pvp. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My computer is by no means a gaming computer but, here are the specs anyways. Let me know if any further info is needed.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release.160104-1513)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
             System Model: Satellite C75D-C
                     BIOS: 5.00
                Processor: AMD A4-7210 APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics     (4 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
                   Memory: 8192MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 7096MB RAM

Your processor is likely a huge bottleneck here. Also not seeing your GPU info, but with that processor, it won't hold up anyway most likely.

If you want ways to increase performance without changing your rig, put all settings to 1 except character draw distance.

Overclock your cpu/gpu if you're really adventurous.

If you want options to upgrade your rig, you'll have to start with that cpu (dragging along a motherboard and potentially RAM if your new motherboard doesn't support DDR3 which I assume you have now). As for your GPU: provide your current one for now.

Might also get an SSD if you don't have one yet, and run the game/OS from it for better loading times. Right now I'm on an old PC with incredibly slow loading, and I can't respawn in open world pvp without taking off my faction uniform because I'm camped/killed before I even see my character and simply load into another death sequence.

was wondering the same thing on increasing FPS, i have messed around with the settings and such but i can never break 30 fps

current set up

Windows 7 home prem(64bit)

Processor: AMD FX-8320 8 core 3.5 ghz

16gb ddr3 corsair vengeace pro 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI 970 gaming

Graphics: AMD radeon r9 270 2gb GDDR5

12 minutes ago, Bazroz said:

was wondering the same thing on increasing FPS, i have messed around with the settings and such but i can never break 30 fps

current set up

Windows 7 home prem(64bit)

Processor: AMD FX-8320 8 core 3.5 ghz

16gb ddr3 corsair vengeace pro 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI 970 gaming

Graphics: AMD radeon r9 270 2gb GDDR5

I'm using an AMD FX-8150 and GTX 970. Trust me, I've tried overclocking my CPU, messed around with Nvidia graphics settings, and various out fixes to try to increase my FPS but it just won't work. I'm pretty sure it's AMD's cpu problem and its horrible optimization with this game. First, this game cant reconize more than 1/2 cores. 2nd, none of my cores even passing 70% ever... so not only is it not using all my cores but, it's not even using them to max load. You should check whether or not any of your cores are at max load.

I'd love to hear if anyone else's AMD CPU's are getting high FPS.

same here they go to like 50-70% and not any higher and only uses 1-2 cores, would also love to know if there is a way to set priority with task manager, keeps telling me i don't have perms even though i am the admin account :/

Had the same problem

Running GTX 960 4GB, with an intel I5, on gigabyte mobo,m4 SSD, should be running smooth but getting 10 fps, as low as 3 in combat, not great.

Its windows 10...I clean installed Win 7, and boom +50 frames, its not hardware, its software thats the problem.

I have Processor: AMD A8-5500 APU. card is - AMD Radeon HD 7560D With most things off but texture at 3 I can get a fluctuating 19-28fps.

AMD is always crap for games and always has been for me. People say to never use it and instead go for an intel processor  and Nvidia card.

AMD is fine for games, I tested my old HD 5850 to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue, and got 60 frames out of that as well, Overclocked it to ~900/1200 at ~60 C, its an old game, designed on old software, makes sense to use an older windows is why i tried it.

60frames min? I'm running the game in windows 7 so I doubt it's windows. I get 20fps in dungeons and 40-50fps crowded towns, I cant even do black wyrn because I get 0-5 frames.  When I say 0, it means my game literally freezes with no frames for 4-6secs at a time. Thing is, I get the same FPS at max and lowest settings. It has to be AMD's software.

@Skuner

1 hour ago, Doru said:

60frames min? I'm running the game in windows 7 so I doubt it's windows. I get 20fps in dungeons and 40-50fps crowded towns, I cant even do black wyrn because I get 0-5 frames.  When I say 0, it means my game literally freezes with no frames for 4-6secs at a time. Thing is, I get the same FPS at max and lowest settings. It has to be AMD's software.

@Skuner

setting choose optimize for battle, disable all other players when u fight blackwyrn

frame 120max 20min

I said in my previous post that none of it works, I've tried practically everything from overclocking my CPU, messed with nvidia control panel, nvidia profiles, ingame settings, redownloading BNS and reinstalling my graphics card driver.

If my new I5 coming in the mail doesnt work, I'll have to reinstall windows and start clean.

@PhoenixMM

Its not AMD,  game isnt well optimised im with mid tier PC FX 6300 8gb ram and gtx750 ti and dont feel diferece when i max my settings and put em to combat mode , it running on 2 cores at 50% load lol.Mayby SSD will increase performace slightly cose game  puts alot of pressure on HDD

It's the game. I get 15-30 FPS with all my settings in the mid ranged and my PC can more then handle it.

GeForce 970 GPU

i7 4.00GHz CPU not overclocked atm

16GB RAM

Win 7 64bit pro 

Game's running off my SSD

My graphics card never hits more then 40% usage in game, and it's gotten to the point that if I try to load a new zone, half the time my game just crashes. It's a shame because it's a gorgeous game, just really hard to play :/

8 minutes ago, Titiana said:

It's the game. I get 15-30 FPS with all my settings in the mid ranged and my PC can more then handle it.

GeForce 970 GPU

i7 4.00GHz CPU not overclocked atm

16GB RAM

Win 7 64bit pro 

Game's running off my SSD

My graphics card never hits more then 40% usage in game, and it's gotten to the point that if I try to load a new zone, half the time my game just crashes. It's a shame because it's a gorgeous game, just really hard to play :/

are you getting the crashes to? I've been getting crashing constantly today and yesterday after the hotfix.

As i said in another thread,i was getting like 8-10 fps in 24man poh on high and low settings,,in dungeons was the same. was running windows 10, gtx 660, i5-2300,2.8ghz.

Switched to windows 7 just 3 days ago and boom,my fps in poh 24man is now constant 25-30 fps outside poh 40-60,when there's really a few players only it goes to 90fps. all on high settings.

when i searched the web lots of forums said the game was optimized for windows 7 or directx 9,guess that was main problem for me. guess it's true since the game is like 3-4 years old.

Installed windows 7 ultimate.

8 hours ago, Doru said:

I'd love to hear if anyone else's AMD CPU's are getting high FPS.

Hi there, im playing on a 100% AMD build.
And my FPS goes from 40(party instances or crowded towns) to 120 (cap when soloing or running around).  I got everything maxed on the graphics setting btw, even the FXAA.
This is my rig

FX 8350 Stock speed 
Saphire r9 280x Tri-x Not OC for the game
16 ram 1866
m5a97 r2.0 motherboard
Windows 10 

And thats pretty much it, 

Your APU's cpu power is too weak to even play games, much less 3d games.

Your laptop has a limited power supply to even power the system to play the game.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-2500-vs-AMD-A4-7210

If you want to play any 3d games at frame rate higher than 30fps, start with a A8, but you won't hit 60 fps at max details at 1366x758 resolutions at all.

If you are going to be gaming, do so on a desktop, otherwise invest in a 'powerful' laptop to be able to 'competently' play 3d games.

Blade and Soul is kinda underpowered though for 3d gaming, their textures isn't as good of a quality as I thought (i can see blurred textures that may be compressed maybe?).

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/78402-high-res-textures/

Are we using the version that is ported over from China? We may have underwhelmingly low texture resolutions.

try the clean install of windows 7, its always at least an improvement, if you haven't done it in a while there are definitely a multitude of background processes that don't need to be running stealing your much needed resources, I went from 3fps to 120fps. Some people run it on win 10 thats great, but it didnt work for me and might not work for you. Clean install.

switching windows10 for windows7 its the best option and the cheapest... and it will improve ur fps, not drastcly but around 5-10 fps.. i had a friend on windows 10 had to put settings on minium with low fps, changed to w7 and won fps and even could increase his settings to medium / high. 

windows10 useless garbage for gamers 

Archived