WARNING ! there's a HUGE issue that can screw you...

Tarask

1 hour ago, TalonShina said:

While I agree this is messed up I am going to state something very clear....

For those that didn't know you could do this YOU just TOLD THEM so now it'll be a bigger problem. (I didn't know you could do this in the middle of a run without a vote but now I do)

(personally I haven't had the issue, now if I do I am going to assume they read your post) 

Not sure if its worth being banned though.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BlinkMoth said:

Not sure if its worth being banned though.

Oh not something I would do. And is it something that will get you banned as it stands currently? i won't test the the theory LOL 

just pointing out this could've done more harm than good pointing this out 

Guy name "Drink" from guild FallenKnights (indeed are fallen guild) changed loot at boss but loot got the guy that was closest to drop. Hahahaha. Leave party when u see this player. Ofc its brightstone dungeon.

cheater.jpg

This was brought up in the Reddit Blade and Soul Subreddit the other day, so I'm just going to paste my response.

Of course it's legit, it's working as it's designed, people are just abusing it. It's not illegal to be an *cricket*, it's just frowned upon. The social contract only works when there's accountability, take that accountability away and everyone is going to be a jerk. Ever go through the 10 items or less lane with 11? Same idea, there's no consequence, so people do it.

Is it a good system? Hell no, there needs to be a vote whenever the loot rules are changed. I've known about this exploit since head start, it's an obvious place where tweaking needs to be done. Luckily for the groups I've run with I have a conscience, so I don't use it, mainly because I don't like being an *cricket*. Not everyone shares this sentiment, obviously.

I'm not defending the practice, I think the system needs to be changed, but you're projecting your anger at the wrong person. This isn't the GMs fault, this is humanity's fault. Let's face it, we're instilled in the Americas to *cricket* over your neighbor to push yourself further. Don't you find it rather funny that this only became a problem when the game was released in the NA markets? SO instead of going after the GMs with pitchforks and torches, just block the *cricket* who does it, then you won't be matched with them anymore.

This happened the other day, as soon as the party is formed, the group leader changed it to master loot and set minimum bids to 1silver.

I found this rather suspicious, I know better than to go through with a run like that when I join. Be on the look out for shady players, just leave the group.

just do a forum post of the people doing this . and before people start saying its naming and shaming no it isint since theres no real life adress or name . and if anything you can just quot the tos . you can simply put the name of the profile of the player and just leave party if you get matched with peopl like them

Seena from "Chosen One" guild on Juwol. Everyone eventually ragequit and this player just recruited a new party. Ofc the new members wouldn't have had a clue either if I didn't tell them. This was in the -middle- of the last boss fight btw.

f15e6bc548dd66490bb36a9ec2273f1e.png

the system is working as intended, and the people that do it is protected by "naming and shaming" rules...

pretty nice... now im started to think to do it my self if i had the chance to be a party leader.

please fix this ncsoft !!!

41 minutes ago, KuraiTsuki said:

Needs to be fixed, it's as simple as that.  The option to change loot mechanics in a cross server dungeon shouldn't even be allowed.  There should at the very least be a vote system.  NCSoft needs to get on this ASAP.

agreed.... super simple fix... disallow loot system changes in cross-server dungeons. There is never a situation where it should happen. We queue cross server expecting the bid loot system.

Hello folks!  Hope you're all having fun in blade and souls.  Has anyone played neverwinter (the f2p mmo for pc and xb1/ps4)  Looting in there is a sensible system, only people who's class matches the item can actually use the need roll function on an item, anyone else just gets to greed (for selling whatever) or pass on it.  All BnS needs is similar really, should get rid of the whole bidding system entirely i think tbh, and ofc there would be no master loot in existence.  If they can't stomach changing the whole system of group loot then at least make it a vote for setting master loot.

Coming from Aarcheage, this is nothing new to me. You should always expect that someone will do what ever they can to cheat the system and get a leg up. Players should be aware of this and take dealing with pugs with a grain of salt. 

That is not to say that its not a problem that should be solved. A voting system similar to party kick, however, sounds like a great solution to the issue.

I'm kinda torn on what to do. Should I blacklist these assholes so I never have to party with them but have others become victims or just let me get in their party so I can warn the others?

It isn't that difficult for nc to disable loot changes inside the dungeon. Their silence basically says they're not gonna do anything about it.

On 1/29/2016 at 5:39 PM, Tarask said:

Asian are not like european, they have somehting called "honor", but here it's less common, so i think NCSOFT should adjust the game mechanics... but they don't seem to care about that... Adn they already have a lot of major issues to solve atm...

What a bunch of bunk, they do the same thing too

Not sure if this works or not, but after 3 for 3 runs where party leader swapped options, I decided I would just block them. I was prepared to get ninja looted, then block the players, through the 8 runs I had planned today. Ironically, no one exploited this little feature.  The only downside to this is that I am not sure if blocking is a short term solution until the system is patched and fixed.

If they can't ban them, at least restrict them from using the dungeons( cross server or not ), Marketplace, etc.

Or a wanted system(his name is in different color) where everyone can kill him when other players see him, just like in RF(Rising Force) Online. At least party members will be informed that this guy is a Ninja Looter.

In addition to the problem with group leaders ninja-swapping to master looter, there are three other ethically questionable behaviors occurring that fall into the same category, and if NC is really looking into reforming the loot system they should be considered too. All are exploitative of the bidding system themselves. I'm not really keen on listing them here, but am pretty sure that players have encountered them. I know guildmates have. I encourage them to report them even though they are likely to get back GM responses that say 'working as intended.'

While these actions are technically within the scope of being 'allowed' or 'supported' by the current loot system, they don't make for a long-term healthy game environment. Saying 'just go play with friends or guild members' isn't a solution--at first I was thrilled to see an innovative ad hoc grouping system designed in a game at launch. Until I saw the loot mechanism, that is.

There are so many other models around today that prevent exploitation of group mechanics, I just hope NC takes this to heart in some way because there is a lot about the game I do enjoy.

Archived