Forums

WARNING ! there's a HUGE issue that can screw you...

Tarask

51 minutes ago, BestWaifu said:

I understand this is *cricket*ed up and you are all pissed but this can be considered name and shame even if it was a cross server queu.

If OP gets banned for this or this post removed. I will remake the thread. Abusing the system like this is bullshit. Awareness needs to be raised and devs need to fix it.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Lynart said:

If OP gets banned for this or this post removed. I will remake the thread. Abusing the system like this is bullshit. Awareness needs to be raised and devs need to fix it.

Then you are going to cause unnecessary trouble for yourself with the mods if you do that, but hey its your account. `-`

Just now, BestWaifu said:

Then you are going to cause unnecessary trouble for yourself with the mods if you do that, but hey its your account. `-`

That's fine if they want to lose someone that's going to continue paying them money lol

This has been an issue brought to attention on reddit as well. It is very well known; the devs and playerbase should know to avoid people know to do this.

Wow that is ridiculous. Especially since in cross dungeon que's party leader seems to be randomly selected. Then again there's no trusting anyone now, the more people know about this the more people will abuse it... Hopefully people blow this sort of thing up though and they change it. 

The feature should be allowed but it should not be allowed to be changed within a dungeon or with a randomly selected leader. In premade group farms its fine. 

I was just farming for that recipe, I would be ticked if someone did that if/when it ever drops. 

Also, don't be surprised if they close this post unfortunately they seem to be strict on calling out BM players in forums. 

So you play this game with a *cricket* bid system and on top of bidding and getting the loot, you at the end lose it because master of party decides to set master loot, and as is this isn't enough, NC says this is OK. Where the *crickets* is the fairness in all of this? I think enough is enough. I'm glad I didn't drop a penny on this *cricket*and I'm definitely uninstalling right. LOL this game and system are a joke.

2 hours ago, Mew said:

Wow that is ridiculous. Especially since in cross dungeon que's party leader seems to be randomly selected. Then again there's no trusting anyone now, the more people know about this the more people will abuse it... Hopefully people blow this sort of thing up though and they change it. 

The feature should be allowed but it should not be allowed to be changed within a dungeon or with a randomly selected leader. In premade group farms its fine. 

I was just farming for that recipe, I would be ticked if someone did that if/when it ever drops. 

Also, don't be surprised if they close this post unfortunately they seem to be strict on calling out BM players in forums. 

It should at least warn you if master has set this option on and you can just leave the party. Anyways I'm done with all this BS and this *cricket* company.

4 minutes ago, Bladez said:

So you play this game with a shitty bid system and on top of bidding and getting the loot, you at the end lose it because master of party decides to set master loot, and as is this isn't enough, NC says this is OK. Where the ffk is the fairness in all of this? I think enough is enough. I'm glad I didn't drop a penny on this shiit and I'm definitely uninstalling right. LOL this game and system are a joke.

A bid system that favors subscribers, since they will accumulate more cash in the long run...

Wow, ok NCsoft you guys are now beyond stupid to even let this mechanic be in the game.  No group vote on changing the loot system, every other  game has it.  

If you guys really care about this game I suggest every to try and not spend real money on this game, as that is the only real way to get NCsoft to do anything positive which is to hurt their wallets.

Lets get this to 100 pages GO GO, NCsoft beyond greedy and incompetent.  

Disgusting behaviour for sure but I'm even more disgusted by NCSofts reaction to a justified complaint.

How is this kind of behaviour OK? It's practically theft.  Sure, we're talking about a game here but people are spending their very real time farming these dungeons and apparently, they are constantly at risk of getting screwed over by someone abusing an obvious flaw in the loot system. People farm for recipes, not to be exploited by some greedy guy who needs his moral compass checked.

They should make it so that once a dungeon is in progress, you can no longer change loot options unless all party members consent to the change being made.

5 minutes ago, Ango said:

Disgusting behaviour for sure but I'm even more disgusted by NCSofts reaction to a justified complaint.

How is this kind of behaviour OK? It's practically theft.  Sure, we're talking about a game here but people are spending their very real time farming these dungeons and apparently, they are constantly at risk of getting screwed over by someone abusing an obvious flaw in the loot system. People farm for recipes, not to be exploited by some greedy guy who needs his moral compass checked.

They should make it so that once a dungeon is in progress, you can no longer change loot options unless all party members consent to the change being made.

What gets me: Didn't that come up in testing? I mean, there are so many smaller and bigger problems in this 5 year old game, one must wonder what NC did there? At first glance the localization felt really solid, but the deeper people get into the game the more amateurish it actually feels.

NCsoft need to respond in this thread, preferably before the 1st post. It sound like some CS didn;t read carefully what is the complaint. He/She probably thinking it's the complaint about people overbidding every loot or something like that. They usually have scrap of paper or a book, with how to respond on certain type of complaint.

This kind of respond will make the problem worse, unscrupulous players will say, "They said it's okay". 

Fix the problem, clarify the response.

1 minute ago, WarBaby2 said:

What gets me: Didn't that come up in testing? I mean, there are so many smaller and bigger problems in this 5 year old game, one must wonder what NC did there? I mean, on first glance the localization felt really solid, but the deeper people get into the game the more amateurish it actually feels.

I wonder...

It must be an issue in the other versions for sure, unless their loot system is different from ours somehow, but I don't know about it coming up in NCSofts own testing or even during cbt to be honest.

Did you consider the possiblity of changing loot options to do this sort of thing for example? I know I didn't.

As for cbt...there was no profit to be made during cbt since we all knew there was going to be a wipe at the end of it, so people weren't as greedy.

2 hours ago, Takeva said:

Oh wow! It's just screaming to be abused or not used. And support obviously doesn't care. 

As the GM answered, we are looking into possibly changing this. It's just not something that we can turn on and off so it's part of a larger discussion we're having here on the game side.

40 minutes ago, Yaviey said:

As the GM answered, we are looking into possibly changing this. It's just not something that we can turn on and off so it's part of a larger discussion we're having here on the game side.

Ugh a better answer would have been "we are looking into definitely changing this."  Its unfair.  It has to be changed.  No way anyone should be able to unilaterally change loot options mid game or just before the boss is beat up.  That's just crazy.  I don't think I even want to do dungeons anymore :(

3 hours ago, Tarask said:

WOAW !
All hope are not gone !
I answered the GM, and another one answered me :
"

Taraskh Today at 01:44

it's not i didn't win a roll, it's that there have not been ANY roll, he changed the kind of loot at the end, took all, and disbanded ! that's not equal right, as nobody have been able to roll/bid or anything, on loots...
    And it's not a group of player, it's a single player... he screwed the whole group...

If i understand what you mean, i can't use the automatic system of "look for party" in the cross server ?

GM XXXXX Today at 03:04
    Hi,

We understand how frustrating this has been for you. We know that Ninja Looting has been a reoccurring issue in-game and the ability to change the loot rule mid run appears to be the issue. We are doing are best to prevent this issue from happening again in the future, and we have already forwarded the issue to the development team.

If you have any other concerns, feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

GM XXXXX
    NCSOFT Support Team

My mood gone better in a simple reading, now let's hope something will move ^^ (but at least, the feeling of being read, is already better than what i felt with first answer... )"

SO we can't do much more from now on but hope and wait.
    thanks all, hope this won't happen to you until it's fixed.

Tarask

You know, I am happy to see that at least you got a more positive respond about the problem,

unlike me, I submitted a ticket b4 u, I was not given any actual answer, but just a "go to forum and post about it" the end dot

26 minutes ago, BabygirlMinx said:

Ugh a better answer would have been "we are looking into definitely changing this."  Its unfair.  It has to be changed.  No way anyone should be able to unilaterally change loot options mid game or just before the boss is beat up.  That's just crazy.  I don't think I even want to do dungeons anymore :(

We're still working on making an official decision so until that happens we can't say for sure either way.

5 minutes ago, Irecinius said:

Its normal human behavior to be pigs...

Options:

1 So make a party yourself and search for more members, so YOU are the leader..

2 make 5 friends..

3 deal with it...

3. deal with "it"

there is many ways to how to deal with it

as u see we chose to deal with it by submiting tickets and post in forum and let the Dev deal with it

Archived