WARNING ! there's a HUGE issue that can screw you...

Tarask

It's pretty obvious the support staff have no idea what they're talking about since they don't play the game, and are not informed properly as to its technical operation. Not sure why they referenced a 'roll' in their response. It must be an automated reply.

I haven't seen an official response on this yet. They did say they would bring it up with the devs, but no response.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tarask said:

Seems you played WoW, i'm playing since 1999 to MMo, tried a bunch, except WoW, and it's first time it happened to me, there have always been game mechanics to prevent this...

L2 system was even worse. Your loot could be stolen by ANYONE just passing by your farming zone.

And many games have systems like BnS.

Could you tell what are the games you mean have rules preventing that? And what kind of rules

yeah, ok, so it's common, and they're agree with it... Isn't it the beginning of the end of an MMO ? not being able to play in a party, except they're already friends ? but how can you make friend if you can't party with new people ?

I'd rather be the leader and screw others than being screwed myself once more... and i think everybody will feel like that...

PPl doesnt know honor at all thse days, but they are prolly 16yo old kids who thinks that they are good getting something in a game and they are actually doing something in the life, this just dont notice their own blind eyes, we, who play for fun and try to get our items to stay competitive and try our best to keep a friendly community will always be facing this kind of stuff, just avoid it and if it happens again, welp, try to make ur own party or just try randoms again, I am sure not all ppl is like this, but I cannot say that a minor group in ALL MMOs are like this, has seen it in Lineage 2, TERA, etc. Just avoid it as much as you can and have fun =) Nothing to do, the action is already done, they just kill their own name doing it.

2 minutes ago, Zakennayo said:

So run with a Clan?

then what is the point of Cross-server dungeon? 
or what if you clan members is sleeping? What if they're busy? 

It will be a lot better if party members can confirm loot rules before it is being changed. Just like party members have to vote in order to kick someone.

18 minutes ago, Tarask said:

Asian are not like european, they have somehting called "honor", but here it's less common, so i think NCSOFT should adjust the game mechanics... but they don't seem to care about that... Adn they already have a lot of major issues to solve atm...

Probably the best way to describe this situation.

Sadly one of the reasons why western players are looked down upon.

Shouldent even be possible to activate Masterloot in a dungeon finder party, some kind of protection they need to put in. Or simply remove the masterloot from the option as a leader for this kind of instance.

Master loot for a manually created party is understandable, not dungeon finder.

Just now, Kitty said:

then what is the point of Cross-server dungeon? 
or what if you clan members is sleeping? What if they're busy? 

It will be a lot better if party members can confirm loot rules before it is being changed. Just like party members have to vote in order to kick someone.

Than quit crying and realize that life is a *cricket*, and you don't always get what you want.

But don't forget that nothing is stopping you from doing the same.

Nothing at all, according to NCSoft.

in fact the answer is simple... EVERY system is better than this one, even NO system at all, because people will have to fit a kind of "honor code" to stay fair...
Loot systems : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loot_system#Loot_System_Classes
Everquest seemed to be fine to me, you can choose, if the player doing the more damage will be able to loot, or if there is a /roll, or if each can get class specific items... etc no player can, by himself, screw the whole group, even if he's leader...
i don't remind well loot systems, but i haven't had problems with loots on DAoC, GW2, Anarchy Online, ragnarok, lineage... most MMo have had problems with loot systems at some points, but they done something to solve it...

1 minute ago, Zakennayo said:

Than quit crying and realize that life is a *cricket*, and you don't always get what you want.

LOL you're a piece of work!

This is a game, not life. And in a game we can actually complain to the company about it and attempt to make it fair. Get that piece of information straight. Some people prefer not to join clans, doesn't mean they deserve to get crapped on because of a broken mechanic that's being abused.

1 minute ago, Takeva said:

LOL you're a piece of work!

This is a game, not life. And in a game we can actually complain to the company about it and attempt to make it fair. Get that piece of information straight. Some people prefer not to join clans, doesn't mean they deserve to get crapped on because of a broken mechanic that's being abused.

Theeeennnn prepared to be crapped on?

Again, nothing is stopping these people from doing what they do. Just get over it, do the dungeon again, and hope RNGesus is good to you.

Or you can keep complaining and get absolutely nowhere.

1 minute ago, Zakennayo said:

Valid point. But I just feels sad the staff encourages this. Why? Because this isn't a game for them. It's their business. They will lose new players if they allows this. 

WOAW !
All hope are not gone !
I answered the GM, and another one answered me :
"

Taraskh Today at 01:44

it's not i didn't win a roll, it's that there have not been ANY roll, he changed the kind of loot at the end, took all, and disbanded ! that's not equal right, as nobody have been able to roll/bid or anything, on loots...
    And it's not a group of player, it's a single player... he screwed the whole group...

If i understand what you mean, i can't use the automatic system of "look for party" in the cross server ?

GM XXXXX Today at 03:04
    Hi,

We understand how frustrating this has been for you. We know that Ninja Looting has been a reoccurring issue in-game and the ability to change the loot rule mid run appears to be the issue. We are doing are best to prevent this issue from happening again in the future, and we have already forwarded the issue to the development team.

If you have any other concerns, feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

GM XXXXX
    NCSOFT Support Team

My mood gone better in a simple reading, now let's hope something will move ^^ (but at least, the feeling of being read, is already better than what i felt with first answer... )

Just now, Kitty said:

Valid point. But I just feels sad the staff encourages this. Why? Because this isn't a game for them. It's their business. They will lose new players if they allows this. 

You'll lose players by other means too. You can't save them all. If you're game is strong enough, they'll stay.

And considering the lack of RNG in most aspects of the game, ehhh I don't think they'll have to much keeping a strong player base.

6 minutes ago, Zakennayo said:

Theeeennnn prepared to be crapped on?

Again, nothing is stopping these people from doing what they do. Just get over it, do the dungeon again, and hope RNGesus is good to you.

Or you can keep complaining and get absolutely nowhere.

Nothing is stopping them now! But it could in the future. Why? Because there will be multiple complaints about it and it shows it needs to be looked into. I may not get anywhere but at least I can say I tried. You on the other hand.... What are you trying to accomplish? What is your purpose? I get you disagree.... but damn, though. Putting people down is pointless.

1 minute ago, Tarask said:

WOAW !
All hope are not gone !
I answered the GM, and another one answered me :
"

Taraskh Today at 01:44

it's not i didn't win a roll, it's that there have not been ANY roll, he changed the kind of loot at the end, took all, and disbanded ! that's not equal right, as nobody have been able to roll/bid or anything, on loots...
    And it's not a group of player, it's a single player... he screwed the whole group...

If i understand what you mean, i can't use the automatic system of "look for party" in the cross server ?

GM XXXXX Today at 03:04
    Hi,

We understand how frustrating this has been for you. We know that Ninja Looting has been a reoccurring issue in-game and the ability to change the loot rule mid run appears to be the issue. We are doing are best to prevent this issue from happening again in the future, and we have already forwarded the issue to the development team.

If you have any other concerns, feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

GM XXXXX
    NCSOFT Support Team

My mood gone better in a simple reading, now let's hope something will move ^^

At least they know of the issue.

But also remember, the game has only been up for a week and a couple of days.

Remember to be patient.

Nothing is stopping them now! But it could in the future. Why? Because there will be multiple complaints about it and it shows it needs to be looked into. I may not get anywhere but at least I can say I tried. You on the other hand.... What are you trying to accomplish? What is your purpose? I get you disagree.... but damn, though. Putting people down is pointless.

Umm, my point is to try to get people to stop complaining about missing one roll. You more than likely wouldn't have gotten it, and even if you did you'll probably just upgrade your weapon later on when 50 comes out.

Once 50 comes out, it'll be the same thing. Except more on terms of, you'll get it eventually.

Just now, Zakennayo said:

Umm, my point is to try to get people to stop complaining about missing one roll. You more than likely wouldn't have gotten it, and even if you did you'll probably just upgrade your weapon later on when 50 comes out.

Once 50 comes out, it'll be the same thing. Except more on terms of, you'll get it eventually.

^This is what you should have started with. I can agree with this.

Holy focking sht. I know most MMORPGS have a VOTING SYSTEM when PARTY LEADER changes LOOT RULES. 

e.g. When the leader changes loot options a window pops up for the rest of the party members:

''Your party leader has voted to change loot rules: Free-for-all. Do you agree?

YES               NO''

A VERY good example of this is found in ****TERA****

Make sure to tell them this Tarask!!!

Archived