WARNING ! there's a HUGE issue that can screw you...

Tarask

Hello, today i had a VERY bad experience...

was doing brightstone... again and again, for that so rare recipee... on the cross server, with the LFP (auto match) system.

ANd, at the last moment, the "automatically made" leader, set the loot on "master loot : himself". Looted all, disbanded. here it is a whole group screwed...
Of course i wrote NCSOFT about the bad behavior... but they said this is not a violation of the rules...

SO, you have to avoid the auto-match system, OR, do as the man if you're the leader, and give your time for free, or leave, if you're not... nice...

Here is the screenshot of the character, and his friend was , they're both on same server.

"

bad behavior, exploit of game machanics

Taraskh Today at 01:07

we have made a cross-server dungeon (brightstone ruins), when we were against the boss, the player "reality" (screenshot attached), set the loot on "master loot", at the end he looted all, and directly disbanded... so he took all the loots (when we are doing that dungeon for the recipee, very expensive...). You can ask other players, you'll see all the names of the group, in the screenshot.
    That is totally unacceptable.

GM XXXXX Today at 01:14
    Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't win the roll on item. While this behavior may be considered rude, it is not considered a violation of the rules. All members in a party have equal rights to any loot that drops. If a group of players has created their own rules for how loot will be distributed, we are not able to intervene. To prevent this from happening again, I suggest not grouping with these players in the future. You can also make sure that your character is the Leader of the group so you can control how the loot will be distributed in your party.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,

GM XXXXX
    NCSOFT Support Team

I hope this will help you avoiding them, and maybe save you from another trap like that... if someone set the loot on master loot while on the final boss, just stop fighting, and ask for a leader change...

Good luck to you all.

Tarask

EDIT :
As some people don't see the "closing" answer (maybe juste reading the 1 post ?), i add it there :

"

WOAW !
All hope are not gone !
I answered the GM, and another one answered me :
"

Taraskh Today at 01:44

it's not i didn't win a roll, it's that there have not been ANY roll, he changed the kind of loot at the end, took all, and disbanded ! that's not equal right, as nobody have been able to roll/bid or anything, on loots...
    And it's not a group of player, it's a single player... he screwed the whole group...

If i understand what you mean, i can't use the automatic system of "look for party" in the cross server ?

GM XXXXX Today at 03:04
    Hi,

We understand how frustrating this has been for you. We know that Ninja Looting has been a reoccurring issue in-game and the ability to change the loot rule mid run appears to be the issue. We are doing are best to prevent this issue from happening again in the future, and we have already forwarded the issue to the development team.

If you have any other concerns, feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

GM XXXXX
    NCSOFT Support Team

My mood gone better in a simple reading, now let's hope something will move ^^ (but at least, the feeling of being read, is already better than what i felt with first answer... )"

SO we can't do much more from now on but hope and wait.
    thanks all, hope this won't happen to you until it's fixed.

Tarask

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why I no longer use cross server dungeons. Leader can change loot to master loot while everyone is fighting boss and if everyone backs off he just finishes the boss and gets all the loot. Its sad to because this is one of the few games where cross server dungeons work great but now they are over run by toxic players who are allowed to exploit and ruin everyone elses experience. 

There is no confirmation from the other members, he can change it anytime he want, without asking you, you just see a notification "the leader changed gnagnagna" but as you're in the final fight against the boss, you may not read everything... and it's too late if you've almost finished...

Asian are not like european, they have somehting called "honor", but here it's less common, so i think NCSOFT should adjust the game mechanics... but they don't seem to care about that... Adn they already have a lot of major issues to solve atm...

This is really bad behaviour, but frankly speaking every single MMO has this kind of players. And things like that just happen.

You just avoid those players in the future. They are not that many.

Unfortunately loot stealing is one the MMO features.

Just now, TimGS said:

This is really bad behaviour, but frankly speaking every single MMO has this kind of players. And things like that just happen.

still, the mmo I play always ask other players to agree to the loot change.

3 minutes ago, TimGS said:

Yea, but most games have systems or rules against that... good thing I'm finished with the main story for now, because all the problems keep piling up to a point where I don't really want to put any more time in the game right now.

7 minutes ago, TimGS said:

Unfortunately loot stealing is one the MMO features.

Seems you played WoW, i'm playing since 1999 to MMo, tried a bunch, except WoW, and it's first time it happened to me, there have always been game mechanics to prevent this...

Ok another couple of names to add to my block list.  I am going to take some of the spammer names off my block list and add these two.  This exact same thing happened in another thread the other day some guy named Hassekyk did this to some players.   Honestly, I have experienced "loot ninjaing" on many other games as well.  It probably is best to just start your own party and not use the auto LFG system.  I think more and more people are going to use this nice little LFG system less due to this crap.  It is too bad that Ncsoft didn't think about how to handle loot ninja's but there are ways to counter this behavior.  In addition, is it allowed for us to create a thread to list all players who do this?  Maybe keep it to the top of the forums and add names to it with proof of this behavior?  If not then I am just going to use the auto LFG less and make my own party..lol

4 minutes ago, Offended said:

Legit players are punished in this game while exploiters, botters and spammers have free reign to destroy the game.

yeah lol i kinda feel like European exploiter of blade and soul for NCSOFT, bloodlust if i remind well, are some sort of newbies in MMO lol

Archived