wardrobe should be free already

nemein

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, drkn335 said:

plus membership gives a lot of bonuses

Out of which wardrobe is like top3 bonuses if not the most needed/coveted/qol one. All that heap of stuffz basically doesn't have much of an impact. The irony in all that is that the wardrobe is actually the thing with premium.

Buy premium and see. Members don't get stuff like additional skill sets, character slots, inv rows etc, they have to buy them just as anybody else. There are bunch of things listed, yes, but go through them one by one and you'll see that while it is "lot of bonuses", not a lot of them affect the playing experience that much.

40 minutes ago, TheRealBronx said:

I think it has to do with the generation gap between players.

Older players such as myself are accustomed to paying to play games. Whether it be buying consoles and their games, paying for subscription based MMOs, or pumping quarters into arcade machines. I know I'm not the only one that has blown over 100 dollars in 1 day, to play their favorite game in the arcade (Initial D, I'm looking at you...).

This newer generation of gamers are accustomed to getting everything for free. The F2P players are used to getting things handed to them, and when they do not get what they desire, they complain on forums, and move onto other games. It's the same story over and over, on different games. If F2P players get their way, games would go out of business. Plain and simple.

As it stands right now, the only 2 things that I want out of Premium are the bonus exp for slightly faster leveling, and the wardrobe. If they make wardrobe free to everyone, people like me would not spend a dime on this game once all my characters are max level.

Im an older player and this cannot be more wrong. We didn't had any problems to pay because back then  not only the mmo genre was much smaller but in general the quality of games were much better, We didnt had f2p models that depended on selling basic features we got plus additional microtransatctions  that allowed the f2p games ( if popular enough) to make even more money than they p2p ones. Guess why you see so many Free to play  games out there nowdays ?

We used to pay a lot for gaming back in the days because it was something new, now gaming have evolved to extend that should easily allow us to experience quality games with bigger selection and that we shouldn't  downgrade ourselves to the old days just because it happen.

The problem is not  the wardrobe, its the fact that game was designed in such way that limits your inventory on purpose in order to force you either buy expansion slots or premium or discard the costumes.

people should start realize that if you hinder the game of free player too much he will never pay for your game, instead he will quit it.

Take a second and wonder why the most successful  f2p games are the one that offer less hinder to the player and depend heavily on cosmetic sales and not by hindering the gaming experience.

I don't understand the logic of some of you people. The game is free to play and does not give any Stat advantage in game for paying customers over free to play customers. So youre playing a free to play game complaining about cosmetic and additional features that has no influence in the game play itself. So what features can they make a profit to keep the servers and thousands of employees up and running.  Would a standard 15 dollars a month subscription be better? Nothing free in this world, throw out this sense of entitlement out the window. There are plenty of people that are willing to pay for a great cheap entertainment like this one over you free players. If you can't afford to pay 15 dollars a month or 50 cents a day for entertainment for yourself, you need to get a job.  

You know what else is free?  It's free to quit.  Please just do all the paying customer a favor and just quit and get out of my way. You're just clogging up the servers. 

2 minutes ago, Leraine said:

Im an older player and this cannot be more wrong. We didn't had any problems to pay because back then  not only the mmo genre was much smaller but in general the quality of games were much better, We didnt had f2p models that depended on selling basic features we got plus additional microtransatctions  that allowed the f2p games ( if popular enough) to make even more money than they p2p ones. Guess why you see so many Free to play  games out there nowdays ?

We used to pay a lot for gaming back in the days because it was something new, now gaming have evolved to extend that should easily allow us to experience quality games with bigger selection and that we shouldn't  downgrade ourselves to the old days just because it happen.

The problem is not  the wardrobe, its the fact that game was designed in such way that limits your inventory on purpose in order to force you either buy expansion slots or premium or discard the costumes.

people should start realize that if you hinder the game of free player too much he will never pay for your game, instead he will quit it.

Take a second and wonder why the most successful  f2p games are the one that offer less hinder to the player and depend heavily on cosmetic sales and not by hindering the gaming experience.

Every game does this that is a free to play model. This is nothing new. 

I'll say this again, the problem is that the premium subscription benefits are all trash, they need to give people better incentive to buy premium instead of relying ONLY on the wardrobe, if premium was better people would not be mad about f2p players asking for the wardrobe.

In my opinion ncsoft failed to create a good subscription plan so they cut a feature that they thought everyone would want and locked that behind a paywall.

I'm not a kid, but I also know the value of my money, and I'm pretty sure that I'll never buy premium just because they are trying to double dip on a costume sale ( as in, if I don't have space to buy a costume I want, i need to buy the costume and premium instead of only the costume). I would be fine with buying the wardrobe if it was a one time buy that unlocks it for your account.

Again: Make premium better, so people can buy it for the right reasons and not because a feature was cut.

1 minute ago, Zarec said:

Every game does this that is a free to play model. This is nothing new. 

League of legends and path of exile, dota 2 , team fortress 2 and many many others successful and popular f2p games got plenty of success base don cosmetics alone and not on gameplay.

Many more popular f2p games find a balance  or try to not disturb the gameplay much and allowing free users to enjoy the game without forcing them to pay.these games found the support of their fanbase and success.

The fact alone that BnS removed one of the most basic  feature in rpg and mmorgp genre  and added  as premium feature shows where they are headed towards to.

I will let you guess which feature is that.

4 minutes ago, Serial said:

I'll say this again, the problem is that the premium subscription benefits are all trash, they need to give people better incentive to buy premium instead of relying ONLY on the wardrobe, if premium was better people would not be mad about f2p players asking for the wardrobe.

In my opinion ncsoft failed to create a good subscription plan so they cut a feature that they thought everyone would want and locked that behind a paywall.

I'm not a kid, but I also know the value of my money, and I'm pretty sure that I'll never buy premium just because they are trying to double dip on a costume sale ( as in, if I don't have space to buy a costume I want, i need to buy the costume and premium instead of only the costume). I would be fine with buying the wardrobe if it was a one time buy that unlocks it for your account.

Again: Make premium better, so people can buy it for the right reasons and not because a feature was cut.

They do need to include better benefits as most of those benefits are superficial lacking any real substance. 

My 3 months master pack premium turn to 15 months premium.And I can buy with the coins I have atm another 7 years + sub,would I do it? Not now but in the years if they don't turn the game to nyerk.

Wardrobe? I don't even use it...what for? I have plenty of slots into my warehouse and second tab(where also I keep my materials and in the normal just weapon/acc feeders).My GF don't use her either.We don't care for it.Koreans played for years without wardrobe and second tab only for costumes(You could not put anything else in there in the past)and they are alive and keep playing.Such an lifebreaking news that a premium future is being...premium.

Plebs learn to work and just for 1 hour and a something on work being even toilet cleaner you can buy 30 days Premium.

This is the first MMORPG I enjoy playing. But I don't want to pay monthly fee. I payed once and I hated it (not in this game). I have already spent money on this game, and I will more. But I don't pay monthly, ever. Because if I don't have time to play, I feel I lose money. Like a bottomless pit.

I would love to pay 5 euro / month for wardrobe or buy for my character for like 10-15 euro for permanent, but ~15 euro for premium/month for just one game. A big no for me. :( For every game. I prefer b2p games or f2p ones with valuable, not greedy microtransacions.

I think the f2p model for this game is just fine. More options for the wardrobe would be great, but I can live without it until then....

But if they change the premium perks something 'p2w' I would leave this game.

9 hours ago, NimbleVolunteer said:

How bout a compromise? Upon first premium subscription, wardrobe is unlocked permanently and doesn't lock up when premium expires. 

Not willing to pay for a feature I want if that feature gets taken away slowly while I'm not even playing the game. 

This is essentially the suggestion I posted earlier in the thread. Premium point ranks need to be unlocks, instead of only activated when you're subbed. It'seems how things work in other NC soft mmos.

3 minutes ago, Sethniel said:

This is the first MMORPG I enjoy playing. But I don't want to pay monthly fee. I payed once and I hated it (not in this game). I have already spent money on this game, and I will more. But I don't pay monthly, ever. Because if I don't have time to play, I feel I lose money. Like a bottomless pit.

I would love to pay 5 euro / month for wardrobe or buy for my character for like 10-15 euro for permanent, but ~15 euro for premium/month for just one game. A big no for me. :( For every game. I prefer b2p games or f2p ones with valuable, not greedy microtransacions.

I think the f2p model for this game is just fine. More options for the wardrobe would be great, but I can live without it until then....

But if they change the premium perks something 'p2w' I would leave this game.

You lose 1 coffe weekly for not loggin in? Such a nasty and hurtbreaking story,for real.

Yestarday I went to the cinema - spend with my GF total 80 euro and I didn't liked the film.By the person I quoted logic,now I should not be able to sleep for weeks,month even.I feel ashamed for not giving a damn.Damn me.

i think locked wardrobe is ok, but if its available to only premium membership, is wrong. it should work like mail. when you buy ncoins or reach certain level of premium, it gets permanently unlocked. or you can buy it with ncoins as one time unlock.

im pretty sure i dont want to buy premium all the time just because of wardrobe. other bonuses are nice, tho. dont say that premium is trash. its just way too expensive for me.

People complain premium is not being appealing enough. People complain wardrobe being premium only, making premium less appealing if it was free. Logic not found.

Wardrobe behind a pay wall is completely fine.

I'm gonna save you a lot of trouble and simplify it for you.

You pay for premium = you get wardrobe

You don't pay for premium = you don't get wardrobe and you deal with it

It's that simple. I would like my meal at Taco Bell to be free. Why shouldn't it be? Eating is a feature of life. I shouldn't have to pay money to get something so necessary for living. Why should those who pay get to eat while others who don't pay starve? Nerf life.

19 minutes ago, Teffy said:

You lose 1 coffe weekly for not loggin in? Such a nasty and hurtbreaking story,for real.

Yestarday I went to the cinema - spend with my GF total 80 euro and I didn't liked the movey.By the person I quoted logic,now I should not be able to sleep for weeks,month even.I feel ashamed for not giving a damn.Damn me.

Not for 1 coffe. Omg. U distort my words. Sometimes I stop playing for 2-3 weeks. Sometimes I don't have time to play for longer time. That's why. Premium is not for me. Sometimes I get bored in a game. That's why I prefer b2p games. I spend much more in a month in games on steam or other platforms.

Yeah, I spend money with my fianceé too, but I don't have to tell you that for prove my point. :D

I bought a year premium in War Thunder, and I regretted it. That's why I won't pay for premium again. Ever.

4 minutes ago, TheRealBronx said:

It's that simple. I would like my meal at Taco Bell to be free. Why shouldn't it be? Eating is a feature of life. I shouldn't have to pay money to get something so necessary for living. Why should those who pay get to eat while others who don't pay starve? Nerf life.

Not even remotely the same thing. And in a game that actually incentives people to buy outfits for the characters at least the "gateway drug" (wardrobe) should be made available free of charge. In other words why would a f2p player spent real money on outfits if that even inconveniences him further. (e.g inventory space)

2 minutes ago, TheRealBronx said:

Did you seriously compared a living necessity ( which is food) to an entertainment ( which is the game) ?

3 minutes ago, Leraine said:

Did you seriously compared a living necessity ( which is food) to an entertainment ( which is the game) ?

Exactly ! So stop crying about it (the game), you won't starve to death if you don't get a wardrobe. 

As I have stated in similar threads, I'm all for paying a one time unlock for the wardrobe, even if it is a feature which frankly should have been free like all other features in the game. But it's related to cosmetics so sure, why not include it partly into the cash shop cause that's what the shop focusses on. A monthly sub however is a bad deal to me, if it gives me this one feature and a bunch of bonuses I personally have little use for.

If premium isn't attractive enough without locking features behind it then NCSoft should endeavour to make the premium more interesting in other ways. One feature shouldn't carry it, the collection of everything in it should. A collection that isn't hampering people from spending money. As it is the wardrobe being behind a sub is stopping people from buying outfits in the store because they can't store them as the normally inventory is far from sufficient. And it hampers collectors to stay interested in the game because the one thing this game is big on in collecting, outfits, is locked behind a sub. Freeing the wardrobe from the sub doesn't mean things will become pay to win instead. In fact if premium is made to be more interesting in convenience alongside freeing up the wardrobe it could even be financially beneficial to NCSoft.

This is not about people wanting free things, or about the wardrobe being just a convenience so get over it. It is a feature to people who enjoy collecting just like the cross dungeon finder is a feature to those who enjoy PvE and it's poorly accessible right now and hampering enjoyment for those affected.

Archived