wardrobe should be free already

nemein

2 minutes ago, Zarec said:

I doubt people will stop buying costumes. Farming them yes as the in game ones are easy to get and don't cost anything. 

Losing access to the wardrobe?  Well I'll tell you in 3 and a half years. That's when my premium runs out. 

after purchasing 3 and a half years of premium your in an odd place.. then again if i spent that kind of money id be here too, fighting to keep one of the only good thing about it.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it has to do with the generation gap between players.

Older players such as myself are accustomed to paying to play games. Whether it be buying consoles and their games, paying for subscription based MMOs, or pumping quarters into arcade machines. I know I'm not the only one that has blown over 100 dollars in 1 day, to play their favorite game in the arcade (Initial D, I'm looking at you...).

This newer generation of gamers are accustomed to getting everything for free. The F2P players are used to getting things handed to them, and when they do not get what they desire, they complain on forums, and move onto other games. It's the same story over and over, on different games. If F2P players get their way, games would go out of business. Plain and simple.

As it stands right now, the only 2 things that I want out of Premium are the bonus exp for slightly faster leveling, and the wardrobe. If they make wardrobe free to everyone, people like me would not spend a dime on this game once all my characters are max level.

Wow seriously guys? You want the extra luxery of paying players without paying yourself?

Stop being so spoiled and ignorant please.

However I would like to see the wardrobe accesable from all characters on the same account tho,

2 minutes ago, Tsono said:

after purchasing 3 and a half years of premium your in an odd place.. then again if i spent that kind of money id be here too, fighting to keep one of the only good thing about it.

Now you see the dilemma of the premium players. 

Just now, HurbY said:

Wow seriously guys? You want the extra luxery of paying players without paying yourself?

Stop being so spoiled and ignorant please.

but i do pay.. just not for premium, why are ppl automatically assuming all f2p'ers do not pay? we do just not for the sub, simply becuz it is not worth it, if they add an option for $5 a month just for the wardrobe many ppl will do just that.

Ok, lets see all you crybabies what you say about this...

Gameforge, Aion EU > Membership so you can use Marketplace (do i have to say how important that is?) . Actually, Ncsoft Aion NA version is waaaay better.

Trion Worlds, Archeage > Membership so you can have a space for your house (it was half the game hidden behind a paywall)

Trion Worlds, Rift > You need to pay for some classes

Forsaken World, Jade Dynasty, Perfect World ... anything from Arc is the same > Do i need to stress this out how pay 2 win are this games? 

GW2, WoW, SWTOR, FF > b2p/p2p

The list goes on and on top of the restrictions, you also get a marketplace that is pay 2 win, unlike this.

Honestly, if this game is so bad for you for a simple retriction, go on...pick another game and leave.

Here's a thought:

How about the wardrobe be made free to all (I'll get into the argument why below) BUT for non-subscribers the wardrobe can only store outfits that were purchased via the cash shop -- no in-game acquired items or drops.  A wardrobe lite, so to speak.

The thing is, this game really is dependent upon costumes for much of the gameplay, and as such, inventory space alone is ridiculously restricted, too much so.  It might be too late now, but the decision to use the wardrobe as an incentive for premium subscription was a bad one.  It and regular inventory space is too crucial to just playing the game, in fact, they've made it a cricketing pain in the arse, far more than is necessary. Stupid, stupid decision, when they should be encouraging players of all stripes to continually fill their inventories full of new items purchased in the cash shop.  Instead, they're discouraging it.

But whatever.  They don't listen anyway.

EDIT: scratch that.  I just realized my solution still wouldn't help f2p players, since they still wouldn't be able to store their faction costumes in said wardrobe-lite, unless those are an exception too.

2 minutes ago, Tsono said:

but i do pay.. just not for premium, why are ppl automatically assuming all f2p'ers do not pay? we do just not for the sub, simply becuz it is not worth it, if they add an option for $5 a month just for the wardrobe many ppl will do just that.

Okay well that would make sense, but alot of people here (just look at the thread title) expect all the (included quality of life stuff) perks the game have to offer without having to pay a dollar or euro for it. Thats just not how the world works.

I agree with this, i have been following this game since 2012 and a HUGE HUGE marketing part of the game, a huge feature, is the character customisation and costumes, with well over 100 costumes in game currently. Then to market it like that, and then when it releases make it so really this feature wont be available for everyone since it isnt much  space to store costumes and so you cant have as many or cant change on the go I think is unfair and a bad move. And it isnt about wanting what the prems have, ofc they should get bonuses but usually prems in rpgs never get more than exp gold and items bonuses anyway. It just seems really cheap of them to market such a feature as a huge huge percentage of the game, at least around 50% of it, show it everywhere, and then to say oh well you can't have it properly though without this function. And skyforge even had wardrobe for free its not even such a big thing to give away to everyone at all i think its everyones right to have it

5 minutes ago, Metamancer said:

Here's a thought:

How about the wardrobe be made free to all (I'll get into the argument why below) BUT for non-subscribers the wardrobe can only store outfits that were purchased via the cash shop -- no in-game acquired items or drops.  A wardrobe lite, so to speak.

The thing is, this game really is dependent upon costumes for much of the gameplay, and as such, inventory space alone is ridiculously restricted, too much so.  It might be too late now, but the decision to use the wardrobe as an incentive for premium subscription was a bad one.  It and regular inventory space is too crucial to just playing the game, in fact, they've made it a cricketing pain in the arse, far more than is necessary. Stupid, stupid decision, when they should be encouraging players of all stripes to continually fill their inventories full of new items purchased in the cash shop.  Instead, they're discouraging it.

But whatever.  They don't listen anyway.

how come? AFAIK you can fully enjoy game with only 2 costumes (1 PvP one, other for soulshields).  Also, if you lack space, you always can delete costumes.

I agree that it shouldnt be premium only. Free would be one choice, but i dont mind to pay for it at all. Like, one subscription worth of money for permanent wardrobe sounds fair. The only thing that is a bit of a turn off right now is that if you like to farm costumes (which, with over 400 costumes in the full version is a big part of the game), you basically need the wardrobe, or this content is locked from you. I plan on paying the sub fee for most of the time. Some people say that the wardrobe is the only valuable thing there - it isnt. Play a month without sub, you will only realise what you are missing when things are gone, like always ;)

So jeah, but as i was going to say: nobody is going to be subbed for 100% of the time. There are months where you just have so much to do that you dont have much time for playing games, and paying a fee would be kinda waste. Losing the wardrobe then will be annoying since you can only take costumes out of there but never put them in again (until you sub next time) which - given the lack of inventory space is just silly.

Also, for the people saying that poor ncsoft needs this to earn money, i call bullshit. The fact aside that decently running mmorpgs are one of the biggest cash cows on the entire marked of the gaming industry, you can buy 2 AAA titles with the money people spend on the master pack here. Or one AAA title for the money ncsoft expects us to pay for inventory space bags per character if we want to max it out.

What i'm trying to say: they are earning a good amount of money. Sure. There are free players. But as in every f2p game there is, the free players are there to keep the whales occupied. And honestly, when i pay 120€ for a game i'd expect to have a feature like the wardrobe even if i have to skip one or two months of subscription from time to time. That's why i said, best option would be to make the wardrobe available via one time purchase for ~15€.

Just my two cents.

Well its funny because people are saying free mems are selfish for wanting it but my point is prems get so much stuff so you can also argue they are a bit selfish not wanting to pass up ONE thing for everyone to use, which IMO rightfully should be a free feature

2 minutes ago, MantaZ said:

how come? AFAIK you can fully enjoy game with only 2 costumes (1 PvP one, other for soulshields).  Also, if you lack space, you always can delete costumes.

You need a slot for each of the faction costumes that the story asks of you.  I haven't counted them all (perhaps someone can elaborate), but then I guess you could just skip all the unnecessary ones. (The completionists are now going to rail against that thought.) 

But the key point is that if they want players to frequent their cash shop and buy regularly from their wares, which are all virtual items, mind you, then buyers are going to want at least a reasonable measure of security that they will continue to have ready access to their purchases for as long as this service (MMO) is available.  If inventory is artificially restricted, then that will only discourage people from purchasing their products.

I will probably not renew my premium sub in 2 months, I will not buy any outfits from the cashshop aslong the wardrobe is locked for me, I'm no fan of double dipping. I rather take convenience items like additional skill pages and more inventory which is permanent. Like it's not enough that all purchases are bound to one character.

People also seem to forget, just because you don't have premium doesn't mean your free2play player.

Thing is the wardrobe was billed as an exclusive to premium players. If they turn around and give that to F2P players. You can bet false advertisement complaints will be submitted to the FCC.  And those fines are pretty extensive considering its for each premium member. 

4 minutes ago, Trickz said:

I will probably not renew my premium sub in 2 months, I will not buy any outfits from the cashshop aslong the wardrobe is locked for me, I'm no fan of double dipping. I rather take convenience items like additional skill pages and more inventory which is permanent. Like it's not enough that all purchases are bound to one character.

People also seem to forget, just because you don't have premium doesn't mean your free2play player.

The fact that those outfits from the store are character bound and not account bound rly annoys me as well, probably will prevent me from buying new outfits too since i will be unable to transfer them when warlock comes out.

Okay please if you are going to comment on this thread  just don't start with the "I BEEN FOLLWOING THE GAME FOR YEARS" we all did.

and well I honestly don't care  if they make it for free, but if they do I wont have to buy  Premium anymore, Thanks.

For me, only reason I buy Premium is the wardrobe Lol.

On 1/29/2016 at 2:05 AM, nemein said:

why do I have to subscribe for wardrobe to be free ... this is a silly feature and also would be nice if they changed it so it was for all my chars on the same server not just 1, for instance if I got the lycandi outfit on my main and made an alt I could put it in the wardrobe and then use it on my alt

No. That is quality of life improvement aka pay for it.

5 minutes ago, Zarec said:

Thing is the wardrobe was billed as an exclusive to premium players. If they turn around and give that to F2P players. You can bet false advertisement complaints will be submitted to the FCC.  And those fines are pretty extensive considering its for each premium member. 

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/premium-membership/

"The Premium Membership benefits and their bonuses are subject to change based on player feedback, so please let us know what you think when you begin your closed beta testing!"

not only that.. no where does it say exclusive.

On 1/29/2016 at 8:05 PM, nemein said:

why do I have to subscribe for wardrobe to be free ... this is a silly feature and also would be nice if they changed it so it was for all my chars on the same server not just 1, for instance if I got the lycandi outfit on my main and made an alt I could put it in the wardrobe and then use it on my alt

Why do you need to have more then one outfit?

3 minutes ago, Tsono said:

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/premium-membership/

"The Premium Membership benefits and their bonuses are subject to change based on player feedback, so please let us know what you think when you begin your closed beta testing!"

not only that.. no where does it say exclusive.

Was on the founders packs page. Hopefully someone screen shorted that. 

Archived