wardrobe should be free already

nemein

5 hours ago, Furholden said:

Well look, you do make several good points for the F2P crowd but bear in mind, a company functions very differently from what most people perceive it to be.

I'll give you my 2 cents because you do seem sincere in your explanation.

A company would very much prefer a constant/predictable flow of income for the content they push out. Eg. Premium Subscriptions, as compared to very irregular purchase patterns of the player who is given the freedom to pay whenever he feels like it.

The question at hand would be. What if it's just a terrible season for outfits? What if people are just dissatisfied with the costumes at the store? Does it mean NCsoft has to go through a dry spell in their revenue? This spike in income directly affects their stock, asset management, potential investments, as well as a solid valuation of the company assets. Investors are very touchy and sensitive with regards to huge spikes in income and losses. Very much often, if a company with such a portfolio attempts a loan from a bank, the grant amount will be very conservative. And atop of all of these issues, they still need to forecast the return of investments for their shareholders who each have a stake in the company. Nobody appreciates a shaky forecast, especially when your company runs on such a huge scale.

That is just the tip of the iceberg and a little bit of economics of why a constant flow of income/revenue (Premium Subscription Model) is always the preferred option compared to a model where players are free to pay whenever they see fit. 

i dont really have a comment on your post becuz its a sound and intelligent response from a business perspective, but i will say if the game is trying to maximize its revenue from premium sales, just take a look at the mmo market today most games that try and be p2p fail within a year.. and if their soul income is to trying to combo off of premium+wardrobe= buying costumes, this will work for a time but as the game ages (wen those masterpacks run out) ppl are going to be way more picky and choosey then with it completely open to the public (wether free or one time purchase) and if the costumes are stale like youve said ppl  wont buy anything to began with let alone premium. 

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Tsono said:

and here in lies the problem... all the white knights defending ncsoft and bashing f2p'ers asking for a feature.. is becuz they dropped money on that masterpack and feel it was not worth it so they grasp on the thing the f2p community wants the most (wardrobe) all the  while spewing insult.. "u guys are cheap" no we/i are not, we/i are smart or have irl budgets, 120 Euro's just to say ("looky looky i got wardrobe ,you cant have :P ").. really?

Definitely will not help the game, seeing how player count is already plummeting as the "game of the month" crowd is moving on to stuff like the Devision beta...

2 minutes ago, Tsono said:

i dont really have a comment on your post becuz its a sound and intelligent response from a business perspective, but i will say if the game is trying to maximize its revenue from premium sales, just take a look at the mmo market today most games that try and be p2p fail within a year.. and if their soul income is to trying and combo off of premium+wardrobe= buying costumes, this will work for a time but as the game ages (wen those masterpacks run out) ppl are going to be way more picky and choosey then with it completely open to the public (wether free or one time purchase) and if the costumes are stale like youve said ppl  wont buy anything to began with let alone premium. 

You are right about certain other MMOs failing to meet p2p requirements. That is largely also due to the quality of the game. I would say that BnS right now in terms of quality, be it F2P or P2P, is already regarded as one of the most enjoyable MMO right now in the market. Which is why people who buy premium like me, and people who appreciate the free aspect of it like you log in and play everyday. Because we love the game.

But we must not forget that a business is a business. It cannot survive on just the moral support of it's fans alone. They took a really long time to port the game over to the west and that alone is a BIG risk for them. They'll have to first meet their ROI (returns of investment) and cover the big hole in they burnt in their pockets localizing this entire game in English first before they can even think about handing things out for free. Right now there's absolutely zero guarantee that F2P players will buy cash shop costumes even if wardrobe is handed to them. My guess is most of the current F2P players will only farm for ingame-acquirable costumes.

In short, while you do make points to validate the wardrobe aspect being free for all, let's also not forget that it was a big risk for an originally Pay2Play title to be ported over with zero pay2win features to the west. They cannot afford to hit another brick wall at this point.

2 minutes ago, Furholden said:

You are right about certain other MMOs failing to meet p2p requirements. That is largely also due to the quality of the game. I would say that BnS right now in terms of quality, be it F2P or P2P, is already regarded as one of the most enjoyable MMO right now in the market. Which is why people who buy premium like me, and people who appreciate the free aspect of it like you log in and play everyday. Because we love the game.

But we must not forget that a business is a business. It cannot survive on just the moral support of it's fans alone. They took a really long time to port the game over to the west and that alone is a BIG risk for them. They'll have to first meet their ROI (returns of investment) and cover the big hole in they burnt in their pockets localizing this entire game in English first before they can even think about handing things out for free. Right now there's absolutely zero guarantee that F2P players will buy cash shop costumes even if wardrobe is handed to them. My guess is most of the current F2P players will only farm for ingame-acquirable costumes.

In short, while you do make points to validate the wardrobe aspect being free for all, let's also not forget that it was a big risk for an originally Pay2Play title to be ported over with zero pay2win features to the west. They cannot afford to hit another brick wall at this point.

stop brainwashing me and making sense!!! im am a f2p'er and former premium i must be angry at you! (jk)

Dont get me wrong, i may be here bitching about this but i love the game and i support (paid) it with what lil budget i have.. i love costumes and i like to buy them as well as earn them as achievement ingame... so im just pressing for an alternate way to store them via a one time purchase at the least.   

7 minutes ago, Tsono said:

stop brainwashing me and making sense!!! im am a f2p'er and former premium i must be angry at you! (jk)

Dont get me wrong, i may be here bitching about this but i love the game and i support (paid) it with what lil budget i have.. i love costumes and i like to buy them as well as earn them as achievement ingame... so im just pressing for an alternate way to store them via a one time purchase at the least.   

You have a point with regards to inconvenience to store these costumes as non-premium but try to think on the other hand. You should also feel happy playing this game, sleeping at night knowing that due to the players who are buying and paying for Premium Service, the company can hold back from resorting to pay2win items appearing on the cash shop? It is the players who have committed to supporting the game on a month-to-month basis that is giving the company that confidence to bring more content over to the West because there's already money paid for. Do we want to be stuck at lv45 patch forever? There are games that suddenly stop receiving updates because there's no indicated player interest. And patches cost money.

Don't you agree the game will most likely survive for a much longer time than having everything for free for everyone BUT having a pay2win cash shop like Taiwan?

If they really wanted the money that bad and didn't care for the players they would have copied the entire model of the China's server over here. So while you suffer that bit of inconvenience storing your costumes, bear in mind that in the long run everyone would get to enjoy this game for a longer time, and that the chance of BnS NA going pay2win is not high.

1 minute ago, Furholden said:

You have a point with regards to inconvenience to store these costumes as non-premium but try to think on the other hand. You should also feel happy playing this game, sleeping at night knowing that due to the players who are buying and paying for Premium Service, the company can hold back from resorting to pay2win items appearing on the cash shop?

Don't you agree the game will most likely survive for a much longer time than having everything for free for everyone BUT having a pay2win cash shop like Taiwan?

If they really wanted the money that bad and didn't care for the players they would have copied the entire model of the China's server over here. So while you suffer that bit of inconvenience storing your costumes, bear in mind that in the long run everyone would get to enjoy this game for a longer time, and that the chance of BnS NA going pay2win is not high.

wardrobe isnt "everything free" it is one feature and it should definitely not be the bases on whether or not the game will become p2w.. but i feel this debate is going in circles.. your a decent guy/gal but we stand on opposite ends of this, lets just leave it at that.  

7 minutes ago, Furholden said:

No I think making the money off the wardrobe is better P2W is awful I don't want to buy my power I want to play a game for it. 

If they cave in to the complaints and give free wardrobe, people will just ask for the next thing they want, seeing that complaining worked the first time.

Both sides do provide some good reasoning behind their stances. However, as far as MMO's go, if you give players an inch, they ask for a mile. 

13 minutes ago, TheRealBronx said:

If they cave in to the complaints and give free wardrobe, people will just ask for the next thing they want, seeing that complaining worked the first time.

Both sides do provide some good reasoning behind their stances. However, as far as MMO's go, if you give players an inch, they ask for a mile. 

Really depends on how they sell it, I think... the longer they wait, the more people will really understand the move, though.

Still, if the wardrobe is the only reason people hold on to their sub, the game is not really worth a sub in the first place... as are most MMOs these days, to be honest. Having a f2p MMO with an optional sub is the worst business model anyhow.

Mods please close this topic because it's utterly bullshit what this display of a BabyRaging community about 1 feature not being free for the sake of convenience.
actually you can upgrade your storage just farm all the daily quests in the world get lucky on venture token and get lucky getting high hongmoon coins.

everything you can do to store away you clothes weather it's your inventory or your vault you have definitely enough storage space to bring all the costumes in the game with you in your inventory.

If you are not into the MMO-RPG gaming where as in grinding items is a part of the game to obtain something but instead don't want any effort to put into this game i'd suggest GTFO or buy premium.

have a good day

The only way I would ever back having the wardrobe be accessible to F2P players is if they gave us premium players the ability to send costumes to our other characters.  Have it be a rank 5 premium benefit (granted I'm almost rank 9 so I have access to most of the benefits and the wardrobe is one of the better ones). 

The he wardrobe is a bullet point in the description for premium. If they give it to the F2P players something of equal or greater value will need to be given. 

Problem is is as these forums have already shown, the F2P players won't stop there till they get all premium benefits for free. Why this will never happen. 

1 minute ago, StaleDevil said:

Mods please close this topic because it's utterly bullshit what this display of a BabyRaging community about 1 feature not being free for the sake of convenience.
actually you can upgrade your storage just farm all the daily quests in the world get lucky on venture token and get lucky getting high hongmoon coins.

everything you can do to store away you clothes weather it's your inventory or your vault you have definitely enough storage space to bring all the costumes in the game with you in your inventory.

If you are not into the MMO-RPG gaming where as in grinding items is a part of the game to obtain something but instead don't want any effort to put into this game i'd suggest GTFO or buy premium.

have a good day

I don't think that they want to people to GTFO.

Just saying.

Just now, StaleDevil said:

Sorry i do not support selfish egotists that only stab the developers and the main community in the back for the sake their own greed.

You are the one who is being selfish right now. Devs get their money one way or another.

2 minutes ago, StaleDevil said:

Sorry i do not support selfish egotists that only stab the developers and the main community in the back for the sake their own greed.

"main communtiy" you mean premium? LMFAO.. there are more f2p users using the cash shop than premium, becuz their purchase is permanent.. ppl who purchase premium are reluctant to put more money into the game becuz they think their $15 a month is good enough B* please ive thrown more than that at tis game in just this short time of release what i will not do is pay for something with a time limit.  

7 minutes ago, Jagdpanzer38t said:

So many butthurt premium users in this topic lol

Thing is I've been playing NCsoft games since Lineage and if they are one thing that one thing would be consistent in how they operate. 

They in all likelihood will not implement this for the simple fact that they want you to buy premium.  With this being one of the selling points for premium, what would make people buy it if you wardrobe outside of premium?  Not a lot of people would buy it. 

Think this will just be one of those things people will want but only get if you pay for it. 

3 minutes ago, Zarec said:

Thing is I've been playing NCsoft games since Lineage and if they are one thing that one thing would be consistent in how they operate. 

They in all likelihood will not implement this for the simple fact that they want you to buy premium.  With this being one of the selling points for premium, what would make people buy it if you wardrobe outside of premium?  Not a lot of people would buy it. 

Think this will just be one of those things people will want but only get if you pay for it. 

no wardrobe = less costume sale

buy premium = less costumes sale (you just spent $30 for 1 costume) and you lose access to store them when it runs out.

it looks like a lose lose to me.

Yes, make everything free! Even costumes in cash shop should be free. Why should i pay for a pixelated  art? Dont forget to sell all materials required for crafting and evolving in cash shop. Oh and their prices should be really low. On top of that dont go P2W road. We dont want to buy our gear, we want to earn it.

Nice suggestion, i hope NCSOFT gonna read it, then eat some magical beans and pay salaries in brown leaves. It feels good to live in a magical and money-free world!

/in case you missed: sarcasm

Just now, Tsono said:

no wardrobe = less costume sale

buy premium = less costumes sale (you just spent $30 for 1 costume) and you lose access to store them when it runs out.

it looks like a lose lose to me.

I doubt people will stop buying costumes. Farming them yes as the in game ones are easy to get and don't cost anything. 

Losing access to the wardrobe?  Well I'll tell you in 3 and a half years. That's when my premium runs out. 

Archived