wardrobe should be free already

nemein

11 minutes ago, Tsono said:

My apology. 

no worries ^^ 

I do have premium but I am 100% on your side concerning this feature it is an integral part of the game with so many costumes which most make you  hostile with different factions are there for a reason, players should NOT have to decide if to keep them or not , they are a part of the basic game, thing is as well, there are a ton more costumes to come in future updates. 

Re Premium, I purchased Premium the day of launch after I created a character on one server and could not get back in , so purchased premium and STILL couldn't get back in, I ended up rolling another character on a different server which is now lvl45 and my 'main' while my original character is still lvl 7 LOL

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VRock said:

Increased XP Earned from Daily and Field Quests  sure, lvl 45 useless feature.

Increased XP Earned from Combat another useless feature lvl(45).

Increased Gathering and Crafting XP useless feature(lvl 45)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extra Hongmoon Coins from Combining useless feature because % to get hongmoon coins is really low. i still didn't received any venture coin from daily box.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reduced Marketplace Commission Fees pff can live without this

Increased Marketplace Sell Slots again can play w/o problem, they can remove this

Increased Currency Exchange Sell Slots again can play w/o problem, they can remove this

Reduced Weapon Glamour Fees again can play w/o problem, they can remove this

Login Queue Priority The zerg is gone i don't have queue anymore. so another useless feature now.

Premium Membership Icon meh

Class-Specific Dazzling Windwalk meh

Hongmoon Store Discount On Select Items  don't care

Additional Daily Dash Spin useless, since the spin don't reset like CBT so premium users don't get advantage of this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

okay good things

Faster Chi Recovery

Wardrobe Deposit

Remote Storage (Rank 9/10 only)

Increased Gold Earned from Daily and Field Quests

Increased Gold Earned from Combat

so as you can see only 5 good things there, so premium members do not get "plenty of other benefits"

You're basing your flawed logic that all of us agree with your mindset.  I find the leveling buffs beneficial because in games I always level alts so I'll make use of it the entire time I play and MANY players are the same way.  Crafting and gathering again useful since I will be leveling all of them across multiple characters so again you're incorrect.  I do a lot of AH trading in mmos so saving that money and getting extra space is again beneficial.  So just because you don't like them doesn't mean many other people don't.

2 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

no worries ^^ 

I do have premium but I am 100% on your side concerning this feature it is an integral part of the game with so many costumes which most make you  hostile with different factions are there for a reason, players should NOT have to decide if to keep them or not , they are a part of the basic game, thing is as well, there are a ton more costumes to come in future updates. 

ikr! what kills me is ncsoft keeps selling it as just a convenience but all i here ppl who own premium say is "its the only reason to have premium" if one solitary "convenience" item is so "powerful" to make ppl want to sub for it, seems to me there is something wrong and that is a must have and not just a convenience... premium is suppose to be a collection of QoL conveniences that improves one playing experiences not one solitary feature.  

Thing is what incentive does it give players who dont have Premium to buy costumes ? when Costumes and vanity items in MMORPG's are usually the biggest source of revenue,   Kind of would make more sense and would promote costume sales if there was somewhere to actually put them, even more so when there is the feature in the game already, sorry maybe just my way of thinking I mean I only own 3 very successfully business's  myself so what do I know , yeah

13 minutes ago, Chicken said:

I went to a restaurant and received free bread, so I demand the meals to be also free.

It didn't went so well, they kicked me out.

Never stated i/we wanted it for free, id be willing to make a one time purchase, but they cannot expect ppl to want to buy premium for the soul purpose of getting costumes and then maintain the sub just for that purpose.

5 hours ago, Zherot said:

Im just gonna tell you this, no one is going to buy outfits if they also have to pay a price to store them, Wildstar has this feature free, and you can unlock more costume slots,bank slots and character slots by playing the damn game.

If you feel the only reason for a subscription is the wardrobe then your game *cricket*ing sucks kid.

and where is wildstar now? thats why i hate f2p games.Plebs whine for everything .....

Yes, those commoners! Let us of noble birth laugh at their misfortunes while we throw our parents' money to a game and pretend we got it ourselves! All while ignoring all about costumers having a right to complain and inform the businesses that they will not stand to their iffy practices. Haha! Thoes commoners who can't afford to use money! Unlike us! We can afford it because it's not ours! Oh, wait...

Wildstar is right around the corner, Alternative. Still there, as you can see. Its problems have nothing to do with their monetization and all to do with their endgame and general difficulty.

Anyway, I'm joining my voice to the idea that the Wardrobe has to be a free feature (or something you get when you first purchase a costume or somesuch). I'm not buying any outfits from their shop not because I don't want them but because I have nowhere to store them.

I stop taking money from my parents in the day I found job at my very early 16s.That was 16(soon 17) years ago.At that time I was playing 1h(0.50 price at that time here) per month "half life" with my class mates.Your point?

Not everyone is using hes dad/mom card.Some people like me actually put gaming into hobby category - and hobbies are everything but not chip.I have friend hunter spending over 10 thousands euro per season for bullets,trips.etc.Me and gaming? Not even close.

51 minutes ago, Spiderbot said:

Yes, those commoners! Let us of noble birth laugh at their misfortunes while we throw our parents' money to a game and pretend we got it ourselves! All while ignoring all about costumers having a right to complain and inform the businesses that they will not stand to their iffy practices. Haha! Thoes commoners who can't afford to use money! Unlike us! We can afford it because it's not ours! Oh, wait...

Wildstar is right around the corner, Alternative. Still there, as you can see. Its problems have nothing to do with their monetization and all to do with their endgame and general difficulty.

Anyway, I'm joining my voice to the idea that the Wardrobe has to be a free feature (or something you get when you first purchase a costume or somesuch). I'm not buying any outfits from their shop not because I don't want them but because I have nowhere to store them.

i will like u post becouse it made me laugh.Joke of the day ^^. srsly believe me or not ,but  this game is played also by adults who doesnt take money from their moms and dads cc when they have their own cc to begin with.Just get a job ......wow u gameplay got ruined just by F3  option.heh

p.s if u can afford outfits who are overpriced yet u cant afford vip . logic 101

54 minutes ago, Spiderbot said:

Look kid, I played my first RPG when I was 11...in 1977.  I use my own money for my own gaming. ..and I subscribe to a simple philosophy that has served me for many more years before the day your daddy decided pulling out wasn't the best idea:

If I want something and value it, I pay for it.

You should try that.

First week after the start:

Free players are not happy about the queue times and really buthurt about that premium users have their own queue.

Free players are not happy with 2 character slots, they want more for free.

Free players want to edit their character looks, for free of course.

Second week after start:

Free players are not happy with the drop rates, they want the same ones as premium users.

Free players are not happy with that marketplace only from lvl 15, they want the same as premium users have.

Free players are not happy with storage they want more, for free.

Third week after start:

Free players are not happy because premium users have cute quick going animations.

Free players want access to wardrobe, for free of course.

Just look through the forums, full of topics "This should be free", "That should be free" and so on. And i can tell with 150% that when they get all premium stuff for free they will be not happy and continue to cry and whine about unfair life. Whats next? Legendary weapons for free?

They eat from your plate and they are not happy with that.

40 minutes ago, Spiderbot said:

All while ignoring all about costumers having a right to complain and inform the businesses that they will not stand to their iffy practices.

Customer is guy who payed money and got the product. Guy who got product for free from money that other guy payed is not a customer, he is an freeloader. Freeloaders have no right to complain.

Get you a job and stop trashing the forums. I know NCSoft for 10 years, they will do zero, nada to easy free players life. Opposite, they will make your life to hell to force you to pay. So enjoy what u have now, after they will take it from you, piece for piece. And the ones who have money will buy thousands of gold from bot owners and than create legendary stuff to own everyone. So if you think that u will rock for free forever, i have bad news for you.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, Hitokiri said:

First week after the start:

Free players are not happy about the queue times and really buthurt about that premium users have their own queue.

Free players are not happy with 2 character slots, they want more for free.

Free players want to edit their character looks, for free of course.

Second week after start:

Free players are not happy with the drop rates, they want the same ones as premium users.

Free players are not happy with that marketplace only from lvl 15, they want the same as premium users have.

Free players are not happy with storage they want more, for free.

Third week after start:

Free players are not happy because premium users have cute quick going animations.

Free players want access to wardrobe, for free of course.

Just look through the forums, full of topics "This should be free", "That should be free" and so on. And i can tell with 150% that when they get all premium stuff for free they will be not happy and continue to cry and whine about unfair life. Whats next? Legendary weapons for free?

They eat from your plate and they are not happy with that.

Customer is guy who payed money and got the product. Guy who got product for free from money that other guy payed is not a customer, he is an freeloader. Freeloaders have no right to complain.

Get you a job and stop trashing the forums. I know NCSoft for 10 years, they will do zero, nada to easy free players life. Opposite, they will make your life to hell to force you to pay. So enjoy what u have now, after they will take it from you, piece for piece. And the ones who have money will buy thousands of gold from bot owners and than create legendary stuff to own everyone. So if you think that u will rock for free forever, i have bad news for you.

Good luck.

But hey, according to ancient folk lore, F2P players are more important than paying customers!

1 hour ago, Furholden said:

But hey, according to ancient folk lore, F2P players are more important than paying customers!

Not more important but equally important. You should treat the paying customer well because they are the ones who pay your bills but you should also treat the free player with special care, because he is your new potential paying customer, this games are not f2p to be a charity, its a marketing move, let the players try the game without paying so we can show them that its a good game and we have more to offer if they are willing to spend a little money. You should never make things difficult for the f2p players like the guy you quoted said because, more often than not, he will stop playing instead of paying, and worse, he will spread his bad experience to other potential customers. Anyone who owns a business know this, you can look at League of Legends as an example(Plz, lets not discuss the quality of the game, I'm only giving an example of successful business model), people spend hundreds even thousands of dollars on that game to buy cosmetics only, why? Because they love the game, they are willing to give the company their hard earned money on something that will never make any difference on the gameplay, not because the company cut something to force them to pay.

Ncsoft should be listening to these complaints about the wardrobe because as pointed by various people already, not everyone will buy a costume if they don't have space to keep it, nor buy premium only to get said space, its not rocket science. Wardrobe should be free for everyone and they need to rethink the premium benefits to give something better to make all their customers see that there is value in spending money on this game.

English is not my first language so I apologize if there is any grammar/typing errors.

9 minutes ago, Serial said:

Not more important but equally important. You should treat the paying customer well because they are the ones who pay your bills but you should also treat the free player with special care, because he is your new potential paying customer, this games are not f2p to be a charity, its a marketing move, let the players try the game without paying so we can show them that its a good game and we have more to offer if they are willing to spend a little money. You should never make things difficult for the f2p players like the guy you quoted said because, more often than not, he will stop playing instead of paying, and worse, he will spread his bad experience to other potential customers. Anyone who owns a business know this, you can look at League of Legends as an example(Plz, lets not discuss the quality of the game, I'm only giving an example of successful business model), people spend hundreds even thousands of dollars on that game to buy cosmetics only, why? Because they love the game, they are willing to give the company their hard earned money on something that will never make any difference on the gameplay, not because the company cut something to force them to pay.

Ncsoft should be listening to these complaints about the wardrobe because as pointed by various people already, not everyone will buy a costume if they don't have space to keep it, nor buy premium only to get said space, its not rocket science. Wardrobe should be free for everyone and they need to rethink the premium benefits to give something better to make all their customers see that there is value in spending money on this game.

English is not my first language so I apologize if there is any grammar/typing errors.

Well look, you do make several good points for the F2P crowd but bear in mind, a company functions very differently from what most people perceive it to be.

I'll give you my 2 cents because you do seem sincere in your explanation.

A company would very much prefer a constant/predictable flow of income for the content they push out. Eg. Premium Subscriptions, as compared to very irregular purchase patterns of the player who is given the freedom to pay whenever he feels like it.

The question at hand would be. What if it's just a terrible season for outfits? What if people are just dissatisfied with the costumes at the store? Does it mean NCsoft has to go through a dry spell in their revenue? This spike in income directly affects their stock, asset management, potential investments, as well as a solid valuation of the company assets. Investors are very touchy and sensitive with regards to huge spikes in income and losses. Very much often, if a company with such a portfolio attempts a loan from a bank, the grant amount will be very conservative. And atop of all of these issues, they still need to forecast the return of investments for their shareholders who each have a stake in the company. Nobody appreciates a shaky forecast, especially when your company runs on such a huge scale.

That is just the tip of the iceberg and a little bit of economics of why a constant flow of income/revenue (Premium Subscription Model) is always the preferred option compared to a model where players are free to pay whenever they see fit. 

18 minutes ago, Furholden said:

Well look, you do make several good points for the F2P crowd but bear in mind, a company functions very differently from what most people perceive it to be.

A company would very much prefer a constant/predictable flow of income for the content they push out. Eg. Premium Subscriptions, as compared to very irregular purchase patterns of the player who is given the freedom to pay whenever he feels like it.

The question at hand would be. What if it's just a terrible season for outfits? What if people are just dissatisfied with the costumes at the store? Does it mean NCsoft has to go through a dry spell in their revenue? This spike in income directly affects their stock, asset management, potential investments, as well as a solid valuation of the company assets. Investors are very touchy and sensitive with regards to huge spikes in income and losses. Very much often, if a company with such a portfolio attempts a loan from a bank, the grant amount will be very conservative. And atop of all of these issues, they still need to forecast the return of investments for their shareholders who each have a stake in the company. Nobody appreciates a shaky forecast, especially when your company runs on such a huge scale.

That is just the tip of the iceberg and a little bit of economics of why a constant flow of income/revenue (Premium Subscription Model) is always the preferred option compared to a model where players are free to pay whenever they see fit. 

Oh I agree with you, I think that my comparison with LoL caused some confusion tho, I agree that the premium sub is the preferred option here, my point is that the problem lies on both ends. They need to create better benefits for premium members, because clearly people are buying it only for the wardrobe, and I believe that in doing that and making the wardrobe free for everyone, they will not only increase the number of subs, but also remove some barriers that might make them lose sales (not having enough space for an outfit for example).

4 hours ago, NimbleVolunteer said:

How bout a compromise? Upon first premium subscription, wardrobe is unlocked permanently and doesn't lock up when premium expires. 

Not willing to pay for a feature I want if that feature gets taken away slowly while I'm not even playing the game. 

That makes sense and is a easy compromise, This I can agree with 

Payed 120 Euro's for this game, would do it again, Oh wait let me get my creditcard Imo.

U guys are cheap, be glad this game is actually F2P and not P2W, (PWB(Pay With Benefits). Honestly I've seen games but this game finally isn't Pay 2 Win and i'm so glad about it, the only thing they offer is PvE Advantages and not PvP advantages.

Wardrobe related, u want it? U pay for it, simple as that, and u get the benefits the Premium provides too! 

If they make it free, u guys won't pay a single dime for this game.

30 minutes ago, Sife said:

Payed 120 Euro's for this game, would do it again, Oh wait let me get my creditcard Imo.

U guys are cheap, be glad this game is actually F2P and not P2W, (PWB(Pay With Benefits). Honestly I've seen games but this game finally isn't Pay 2 Win and i'm so glad about it, the only thing they offer is PvE Advantages and not PvP advantages.

Wardrobe related, u want it? U pay for it, simple as that, and u get the benefits the Premium provides too! 

If they make it free, u guys won't pay a single dime for this game.

and here in lies the problem... all the white knights defending ncsoft and bashing f2p'ers asking for a feature.. is becuz they dropped money on that masterpack and feel it was not worth it so they grasp on the thing the f2p community wants the most (wardrobe) all the  while spewing insult.. "u guys are cheap" no we/i are not, we/i are smart or have irl budgets, 120 Euro's just to say ("looky looky i got wardrobe ,you cant have :P ").. really?

in 3 months wen that masterpack premium wears off and all those fancy costumes youve gotten over those 3 months, you will be singing the tune... im patient.

4 hours ago, Serial said:

Oh I agree with you, I think that my comparison with LoL caused some confusion tho, I agree that the premium sub is the preferred option here, my point is that the problem lies on both ends. They need to create better benefits for premium members, because clearly people are buying it only for the wardrobe, and I believe that in doing that and making the wardrobe free for everyone, they will not only increase the number of subs, but also remove some barriers that might make them lose sales (not having enough space for an outfit for example).

That's right.

The reason why Premium Players so hesitant to allow wardrobe to be free for all is because we know about the inevitable drawbacks and backlash it would bring. If we walked down the path of China's BnS servers, this game will be ruined with pay2win because as i mentioned, when a dry spell DOES happen, and the company becomes desperate, they will milk EVERYONE in EVERY way.

But the really stubborn F2P players who just cry and whine endlessly about releasing wardrobe to everyone does not care about the longevity of the game. All paying customers would want the game to survive for as long as possible. Certain other people don't, because they do not have monetary investment in it.

4 minutes ago, Furholden said:

That's right.

The reason why Premium Players so hesitant to allow wardrobe to be free for all is because we know about the inevitable drawbacks and backlash it would bring. If we walked down the path of China's BnS servers, this game will be ruined with pay2win because as i mentioned, when a dry spell DOES happen, and the company becomes desperate, they will milk EVERYONE in EVERY way.

But the really stubborn F2P players who just cry and whine endlessly about releasing wardrobe to everyone does not care about the longevity of the game. All paying customers would want the game to survive for as long as possible. Certain other people don't, because they do not have monetary investment in it.

so the wardrobe feature of this game holds that much power.. that if released the game will take a pitfall into p2w?.....

how is ncsoft releasing the wardrobe that would potentially sell more costumes VS having it locked and selling very lil costumes, a make or break for the game?

2 minutes ago, Tsono said:

so the wardrobe feature of this game holds that much power.. that if released the game will take a pitfall into p2w?.....

how is ncsoft releasing the wardrobe that would potentially sell more costumes VS having it locked and selling very lil costumes, a make or break for the game?

You obviously did not read my previous post. But i'll quote it for you.

5 hours ago, Furholden said:

Archived