What is the PROBLEM WITH THE PLAYERS?

SkyNightBiel

Ok, i had 1 gold and 46 silver, was playing dungeon normally, suddenly a auction! I Bid it for 5 copper, and what happens? someone else bid it for 1 GOLD

what's the advice? THERE'S NONE.

i JUST WANTED THIS RING

AND THEN, I LOST ALL MY MONEY TO A TROLL XDXD, WOW. VERY NICE. i'm done with this game, i made freaking almost 60 daily quest and then SOMEONE, A RANDOM PERSON MADE IT. OK

3 minutes ago, Chesnya said:

ok maybe the person wanted it really bad... Like I know when outfits drop in dungeons ( that i dont own yet) I bid little bit, and if someone's fiesty I just put 1 gold down. #lurnturlesson 

No, it was just a blue ring. a normal item.

He did it because he knew that i would bid it again, because i thought he bid it for 10 copper or something

so he troll and stole my money, that i took 2 days to gain it, not saying that the system is bad, i like the auction system, but it needs more advice. I'm really sad now, if i saw 1 gold there, i would NEVER do it.

Jokes on him, you got part of the profit from that bid anyways, so honestly , you won here not that person. just rerun and hope for the best. Someone tried bidding on a weapon back in blackram narrows ( a long time ago haha) and he wasn't even of the class of it, kept bidding so i kicked him, tried taking my wep that he had no use for. 

Just now, Chesnya said:

Jokes on him, you got part of the profit from that bid anyways, so honestly , you won here not that person. just rerun and hope for the best. Someone tried bidding on a weapon back in blackram narrows ( a long time ago haha) and he wasn't even of the class of it, kept bidding so i kicked him, tried taking my wep that he had no use for. 

Far as I know the winner doesn't get part of the bid, losers only

Sadly this happens on every game with people trying to get every little advantage.  Even without the bid system people would roll on items that they don't need just to gain a little bit of extra money.  The only thing you can do is not bid on an item when it goes out of your budget and pay attention to the bid.  Just run the dungeon again because its bound to show up the next run (talking about the ring mainly).

1 minute ago, SkyNightBiel said:

I Just want my money back, ugh. I'm really frustrated, i don't have any self-esteem to continue playing, so, I'm done it. But my suggestion is: make a way to cancel bid after you click "bid" or Y.

If they did that it'd be worse people would drive up prices then if you call there bluff cancel their bid so no risk to them.

I don't understand where the problem is. First, how is this person a troll? He offered to pay the party 1gold for an item that isn't worth nearly that much (I don't think any blue gear reaches that price on the market). You willingly chose to meet his bid for reasons I'm not entirely sure. I'm assuming the accessory was required for evolution, but it was on you to know the actual value of the item you were bidding on. Finally, you don't know the motivations of the player and choose to vilify him over a perceived slight, but in reality he almost got screwed out of a lot of money for the same misconception that you had (the misconception that the item was actually worth over 1gold to begin with).

Unless I'm missing something in the story or the context, you both fell pray to ignorance and bid high on a cheap item, and now that you've realized your error, you've chosen to make the other player the villain.

2 minutes ago, Anjon said:

I don't understand where the problem is. First, how is this person a troll? He offered to pay the party 1gold for an item that isn't worth nearly that much (I don't think any blue gear reaches that price on the market). You willingly chose to meet his bid for reasons I'm not entirely sure. I'm assuming the accessory was required for evolution, but it was on you to know the actual value of the item you were bidding on. Finally, you don't know the motivations of the player and choose to vilify him over a perceived slight, but in reality he almost got screwed out of a lot of money for the same misconception that you had (the misconception that the item was actually worth over 1gold to begin with).

Unless I'm missing something in the story or the context, you both fell pray to ignorance and bid high on a cheap item, and now that you've realized your error, you've chosen to make the other player the villain.

No, he didn't want the item, i was bidding with another player, all good, he SUDDENLY put an 1 gold bid and passed. Like "i don't want that item. BUT i want that player's money."

1 minute ago, Anjon said:

Some people have started putting in 1g bids and hope you don't notice and bid. it's scummy, but you should watch what you bid.

3 minutes ago, Mekusa said:

Some people have started putting in 1g bids and hope you don't notice and bid. it's scummy, but you should watch what you bid.

Yes. The problem is that i have lag here, but anyways i was wrong on not waiting, i'll sell all my unsealing charms and hope i get one on the daily quests tomorrow, and then it's over. i have 12 that equals to 1 gold and some silver.

But anyways, I Think they can make this system better, this is really frustating.

If it's any consolation, 1-2gold at end-game is really nothing worth fretting over.  Completing the 6 dailies in E. Fleet Supply Chain give you 4g a day, completing the 4 blue dungeon dailies gives you about 2. You can double that by doing dailies in Misty Woods. Once you start running Blackram Supply Chain, the daily there is an easy 1g by itself.

In fact, I have a similar story that happened to me today to illustrate that point: I was running Brightstone when a "Acquired Taste - Moonwater" recipe dropped. I assumed "Oh my god, it's a Moonwater recipe. This must be worth a fortune." and put 2g34s into a bidding war with another player.

The recipe is only worth 16s. Jokes on me.

I was able to make that gold back by running a few of the blue dungeons though. Only took me about 45 minutes. So while the situation may seem awful at the moment, you can bounce back almost immediately, and it was probably a good learning experience in the end, right?

2 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

Honestly i wouldent bid over 10S for any ring currently. Also its entirely ur fault for bidding when he bid so high u shoulda just left and got a good amount of G from it. Dont blame the game or others for YOUR actions

But we were bidding for 14 copper, i wouldn't realize that suddenly someone would put it for 1 gold. 

I mean...Be careful and don't spam bid? This is kinda of one of those things where it's your fault for not paying attention. You can't blame the devil for deceiving you, blame yourself for not paying enough attention.

Just now, SkyNightBiel said:

But we were bidding for 14 copper, i wouldn't realize that suddenly someone would put it for 1 gold. 

Well yea u should pay attention to the bid if ur bidding on it rather then spamming cause when u spam thats exactly what happens cause it is a BID person with the highest bid wins which tbh you kinda want for the extra cash unless u want the item badly. The only thing i disagree with is when ppl bid for an item they dont want just to raise the bid and anoying the buyer/get more money but other then that its all on you

Guys, i wasn't spamming, if i try to spam, the only message i receive is "bid failed" because my internet isn't good. Yes, i wasn't paying attention, but i just wanted the ring, there's no motive to put 1 gold on a bid. Sorry for just not thinking "wow this player will put 1 gold on this item", If it was me, i wouldn't do this, So I don't think someone else would do it either, because there's no motive, but people like that just wanna make their appearance. 

http://puu.sh/mNztd/36e3ac253f.jpg

Got my money back by selling unsealing charms and cia. Hope i don't get stolen again by lag and this bid system, I'll do the dailys tomorrow and hope for more, and then i'll sell the keys to buy more unsealing charms.]

@EDIT: let me say what really happened: i was bidding for 14 copper, but before i click Bid, someone else bidded it for 1 gold, and then when i bidded it, it wasn't for 14 copper, it was for 1 gold, i clicked at the same moment that the other player did it. So..

That's why I rather use the manual bid by specifying the amount before hitting bid button. Abusing the auto-bid increase would lead to things like this. You always got time to specify the bid before the time runs out so just relax and just be fair and put a decent price to start not the default 2 copper so the bid would not last too long with everyone adding their 1 copper to the bid. Just throw a silver or five if you're generous (one silver for everyone).

10 hours ago, SkyNightBiel said:

Ok, i had 1 gold and 46 silver, was playing dungeon normally, suddenly a auction! I Bid it for 5 copper, and what happens? someone else bid it for 1 GOLD

what's the advice? THERE'S NONE.

i JUST WANTED THIS RING

AND THEN, I LOST ALL MY MONEY TO A TROLL XDXD, WOW. VERY NICE. i'm done with this game, i made freaking almost 60 daily quest and then SOMEONE, A RANDOM PERSON MADE IT. OK

Don't see anything wrong with that, it's all on you. Was the party supposed to wait until your finish your bid fight of 1 copper? If you really need the item, bid a normal ammount, not a copper over the last bid.

TC, you are bound to lose some money when you are new to the game mechanic, what you did was a mistake you mislooked. Let it be a lesson and vent it out. I personally might wasted over 5-6g on stuffs i don't need or simply wasted it in the process of something, just let it be a lesson and never repeat it again.

Also you don't do dailies until you are max rank 45 and do only quests in Moonwater Plain. You make easy 3-4g from a few dailies.

Whenever someone tries to do this to me I just leave the party before the meter runs out. 

voila, I don't lose any gold. But as someone said earlier, don't spam. 

Also you keep saying you are lagging, not sure how this factor in to the bidding system or if it's just an excuse...

Try to not spam bid tho, and good luck!

Archived