NCSoft auto refunds, Hime asked to wait and...

Jomsviking

Hm, I only pay online with my paypal balance.  I find this gives the least amount of issues with buying anything. No cards, no banks. Just cash.  I dont know if it will make a difference, but Ive not had an issue, with other games, since Ive changed to this method.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what OP said...

You used the same PayPal account to make a purchase on TWO separate NCSOFT accounts? Am I understanding that correctly?

If this is the case, then it's not surprising you got banned. That is a huge red flag for MMOs.

When I stopped playing FFXI my account got banned when they switched from PlayOnline's built in payment system to the new whatever system they changed to along with my roommates account because we had paid for years with the same card. However with the new system this was no longer allowed. We managed to recover our accounts, but only due to the circumstances (them changing the system). Since then I have never used the same card/bank/PayPal for multiple accounts in any game.

In addition, if you ever get a chargeback against a MMO company, prepare for permaban with a vengence. I don't know a gaming company that doesn't auto permaban you for that. Accident or not.

4 minutes ago, Yxion said:

From what OP said...

You used the same PayPal account to make a purchase on TWO separate NCSOFT accounts? Am I understanding that correctly?

If this is the case, then it's not surprising you got banned. That is a huge red flag for MMOs.

When I stopped playing FFXI my account got banned when they switched from PlayOnline's built in payment system to the new whatever system they changed to along with my roommates account because we had paid for years with the same card. However with the new system this was no longer allowed. We managed to recover our accounts, but only due to the circumstances (them changing the system). Since then I have never used the same card/bank/PayPal for multiple accounts in any game.

In addition, if you ever get a chargeback against a MMO company, prepare for permaban with a vengence. I don't know a gaming company that doesn't auto permaban you for that. Accident or not.

I brought Prem for two accounts. I didnt get banned.   What gets you flagged usually is using two different paypals on the  same account.

Just now, Dowra said:

I brought Prem for two accounts. I didnt get banned.   What gets you flagged usually is using two different paypals on the  same account.

Well that's good.

I would still avoid it, though, if possible. It's just something I don't like to roll the dice with.

I think Ncsoft needs to address some of these insane bannings and this Jiggs guy needs to tone it down. It is crazy with some of these bans I am reading about. One thing I found impressive was when a guy posted about how his mouse that was a gaming mouse with macro compatibility flagged him as a 3rd part program. The impressive part is that a NCsoft admin replied saying that even some NCsoft employees use these same types of mice/programs and its ok to use them but it is at your own risk and then locked the thread. They said to use them at your own risk as if they are encouraging people to *cricket* up and get the ban hammer.  

2 hours ago, Yxion said:

From what OP said...

I have 2 accounts, mine & my wife. So, yes, I purchased 10$ first on my main account. Then when I checked in game, the 7 days premium cannot be gifted so I told her to use my Paypal (Same as I used on my main) to purchase another 5$ so she can buy the 7 days premium herself.

I have been playing Guildwars 2 for so long and used the same Paypal account as my main transaction method. And this is the first that I encountered getting banned for being a legit supporter of the game.

41 minutes ago, ThreeFeetofMagic said:

I think Ncsoft needs to address some of these insane bannings and this Jiggs guy needs to tone it down. It is crazy with some of these bans I am reading about. One thing I found impressive was when a guy posted about how his mouse that was a gaming mouse with macro compatibility flagged him as a 3rd part program. The impressive part is that a NCsoft admin replied saying that even some NCsoft employees use these same types of mice/programs and its ok to use them but it is at your own risk and then locked the thread. They said to use them at your own risk as if they are encouraging people to *cricket* up and get the ban hammer.  

Yes, I am 100% sure that this Jigs guy whom replied to everyone with the Ban statement is using a canned reply without even investigating the issue. 

If you guys read the original posts ( Link at 1st Post ), the refund was not initiated by me nor Paypal.
As I understood it, NCSoft did the refund automatically after 24 hours of purchase.

I created this thread to shed light about this issue and to future legit supporter of the game that be wary of this. This happened to me, it could happen to any of you.

I have also contacted @Hime, and 7 hours later there's no reply.

As previously stated, I even replied on the support mail that I'll pay them back what was refunded but that was ignored then "Jigs" replied with the ban hammer.

Thank you for your feed backs!

I'm still waiting for my refund for my paypal payments, and the 25$ they still have yet to refund for my debit credit card visa. 

If in the case I get the hammer too, since i'm still watiing for a reply, I would like at least all my money back if that's the case.

I didn't do anything wrong here and I don't think @Jomsviking did anything wrong either.

we are Legit players trying to play this game, and support it by buying NC coin, and we get slap in the face by them with a ban hammer, lol.

Edit: oh yah I'm just using my 1 paypal with my account, so no problem there with paypal payment lol, but my only debit credit card got issued refund for 4/6 of my payments which is really weird, why not refund all 6?

That is because the Payment system is flawed. And their customer support does not help either. They sound friend during chat but wont help you. If I have to compare, Guildwars 2's support was very easy to talk to. They will help you and consider all possible solution so that your issue will be resolved. Although they are managed by different people but their parent company is still NCSoft.

Arenanet is known to have better support, and actually listen to player base, just look at how popular Guild wars 2 is, and still have expansion coming out, is because the dev and support team do stuff!!!

I know this is still early release for the game, but if support is this bad already, and they didn't anticipate this knowing they launch like 6 other different game with probably the same type of issue is a little absurd don't you think? By 2016 I hope they know how to deal with game launches and not use that as a excuse for poor support. 

I don't think I've seen NC coin card in Toronto, unless I'm blind, I still just want my original account back, I spent way too much time levelling 2 char to 45 already, I don't have the energy to level another to 45 again this soon. If my acc does get banned, and they've not refunded everything including my paypal payments, then they are committing fraud correct? Why would they lock and only partially refund some payment, but not all if they detected that ALL was suppose to fraudulent payments? I'm very confused of their way of handling the refund/fraud detection.

so paypal payment they took, and never refunded to me, but only partially refunded my debit card payment, which is like huh? why not a full refund if all was found "fraudulent".

Omg i want to buy next months premium but the idea ncwest might screwed up n me get banned n end up loose days from game ...omg that sucks cause if this hsppens to you even if ur legit it will take days .

Seriously now are they trying ruin game?

THERE IS HOPE MY FRIENDS!!!! I JUST GOT AN EMAIL STATING THEY RESTORED MY ACCOUNT! 

what they bascially said was  Looking at your account, I found that purchases were refunded to the payment method on file by our payment processor due to possible unauthorized payment activity. As a result of the recent transactions being refunded the account was blocked.

then mention after looking at the payment, they said it was actually fine and has release my account, which is now accessable again, aka now i'm posting under my actual account, Dizzyx

this is their payment processor, Digital river sucking some mad doodoo, I even called Digital river today asking about this, and they said it was NCsoft who issued the refund, not them, but it turns out it was digital river that was screwing up, well play Middle man!

44 minutes ago, SilentPhoenix said:

Pretty sure this is the result of a chargeback. I'd just buy pre-paid cards in stores or on amazon or something.

That is the ISSUE here, I never initiated a refund to begin with.

I dont have a reason to get refund as I just hit level 45, I purchased NCOIN for the 7 days premium so I can start farming Gold from Daily quests.

This is what I did also when I was playing Blade & Soul Kr, Tw, Jp & Ch.

3 minutes ago, Jomsviking said:

That is the ISSUE here, I never initiated a refund to begin with.

I dont have a reason to get refund as I just hit level 45, I purchased NCOIN for the 7 days premium so I can start farming Gold from Daily quests.

This is what I did also when I was playing Blade & Soul Kr, Tw, Jp & Ch.

Paypal does that for some reason. If you're able to get things back up and going would you mind trying a different method of payment?

EDIT: saw some of the older posts just now. It was also digital river?

Hi,

I am from Philippines, Paypal is difficult here as well as Visa. And I dont want to use 3rd party payment gateway.
No, I purchased NCoin directly from their transaction page which has 2 options Visa & Paypal.
I dont know about that Digital River stuff.

Archived