NCSoft auto refunds, Hime asked to wait and...

Jomsviking

Permanent Banned!

Related to: 

ludxoyc.png

So, everyone, Good luck with NCWest. You're trying to help them by purchasing something from their store. They'll block you permanently for doing that.

Im sure this is a canned reply from their support. /gg NCWest.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jomsviking said:

Permanent Banned!

Related to: 

So, everyone, Good luck with NCWest. You're trying to help them by purchasing something from their store. They'll block you permanently for doing that.

Im sure this is a canned reply from their support. /gg NCWest.

Just dispute the purchase. You have every right to do so especially with purchase history as evidence. Either do this via your credit card, or paypal also does this if you used paypal. Your payment method that you disputed will be banned from ever buying from NCSOFT ever again. But not like it matters since I highly doubt you plan on ever buying something from them again.

• NCSOFT

Jomsviking, what purchasing method did you use when you bought the NCoin? We take attempts at fraud seriously so while I'm not saying your were trying to commit fraud, something strange happened with either your purchase or whatever that flagged your purchases are fraudulent. Since this is not the account that is affected, please message me privately your ticket number so we have a better understanding.

4 minutes ago, Hime said:

Jomsviking, what purchasing method did you use when you bought the NCoin? We take attempts at fraud seriously so while I'm not saying your were trying to commit fraud, something strange happened with either your purchase or whatever that flagged your purchases are fraudulent. Since this is not the account that is affected, please message me privately your ticket number so we have a better understanding.

Exactly this if you made a legit purchase you should have the ticket number. Also make sure you take  a pic of your bank account as well so they can see the transaction on your bank activity.

This topic gives me some major deja vu. 

I've been playing ncsoft's games for more than 6 years, and I can guarantee you this isn't the 1st time (nor 2nd, 3rd... you get the point) an issue like this has sprung up. It usually happens when you purchase NCoins with a credit card, and Digital River decides to issue a chargeback of some sort. I don't know the exact details, but it has caused a LOT of my friends to be banned with an email stating that their accounts' termination is final. It's actually quite laughable. All that said, most of them had their accounts reinstated after a while, with an apology. To this day, we still mock that "termination is final" email. 

Don't worry too much about it. If you just dispute the issue with them, you'll get your account back after a while.

I have provided them that, because the previous Support (Lance) asked me to submit verifications and so on...

wmVN4Yx.png

And then after that, last reply was from Jigs. (Seems this guy likes to Ban people).

@Hime Im writing the message as we speak, you should get it shortly. Thank you for your attention.

26 minutes ago, Zeriu said:

Just dispute the purchase. You have every right to do so especially with purchase history as evidence. Either do this via your credit card, or paypal also does this if you used paypal. Your payment method that you disputed will be banned from ever buying from NCSOFT ever again. But not like it matters since I highly doubt you plan on ever buying something from them again.

Dispute what?  The problem is that the purchase WAS refunded.   Though the thought of trying to dispute a refund is sort of amusing... I'm not sure what a credit card/paypal would do if you tried.  No, I really want to pay. Tell NCSoft to shut up and take my money!!!

Seems like a perfect example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing.

NCSoft's payment processor (left hand) decides a charge *might* be fraudulent, so refunds it.

NCSoft (Right hand) sees the charge was refunded (even though left hand is the one that triggered said refund) so perma-bans the account.  Nobody actually tries to go the the customer to resolve the situation.

I was about to make a purchase in this game and i was glad i didn't all my hard work to get this far would be in vain if i get ban for stupid reasons. They need to fix this ASAP so i can buy what i want without being banned for it *tsk* :U

2 hours ago, Hime said:

Thanks Hime! :) Good to see community managers working so hard all the time. Hope you all get a break at some point though..

I bought 400 NCoins yesterday for a character slot(getting ready for the upcoming Warlock/Soul Fighter classes to come).

I used my debit card and have made screenshots of all the transactions from my bank so far.

Nothing has happened to my account yet, but from my bank statement it looks like the $5 transaction is on hold till January 30th, but I don't think it'll go through(just a hunch from what the statement looks like)...and I bought Master Pack(then refunded it) months ago and didn't have issues at the time.

I'm guessing this is a problem from NCSoft's side, being a bit too strict with transactions it seems. Nothing better happen to my account....

NEVER. EVER. Do a Chargeback with ANY company without speaking with them to the full extent FIRST. You WILL be forever banned (in most cases) from ALL of their services. Filing a chargeback gives the company a negative rep with your bank, or Paypal, or whomever you filed the chargeback through and all the ears those companies are whispering into. This will not put YOU in good standing with a  company. ONLY file a chargeback if you DO NOT wish to use their services or the services of any parent/sibling company EVER AGAIN.

3 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

NEVER. EVER. Do a Chargeback with ANY company without speaking with them to the full extent FIRST. You WILL be forever banned (in most cases) from ALL of their services. Filing a chargeback gives the company a negative rep with your bank, or Paypal, or whomever you filed the chargeback through and all the ears those companies are whispering into. This will not put YOU in good standing with a  company. ONLY file a chargeback if you DO NOT wish to use their services or the services of any parent/sibling company EVER AGAIN.

I absolutely agree with this, however, since OP didn't actually refund herself, and it was an auto-thing, this is a different problem.

That being said, people are talknig like refunds getting people banned is a new thing. Most gaming companies, or companies tht provide online services do this. If you DO ask for a refund from your bank, you are asking to get banned. It's not only taxing due to the aforementioned reasons, it is also relatively time consuming for all parties involved, except you. You are literally wasting their time AND taking money. You are potentially causing them to lose service with a bank or transaction company.

I'm positive this is a problem with Paypal itself, since it sometimes has a habit of issuing auto-chargebacks for seemingly no particular reason. My guess is that your purchases were deemed as fraudulent by Paypal and then they pre-emptively decided that your Paypal account had been compromised and from there issued a chargeback on your behalf without actually consulting you (it happens). I know this because I've seen this happen in different scenarios (Steam users subreddit, reading anecdotal reports of this happening).

Pretty much every company you deal with will blacklist you forever if you ever issue a chargeback for any reason, regardless of whether you intended to or not.

5 minutes ago, SK Yuuki said:

I absolutely agree with this, however, since OP didn't actually refund herself, and it was an auto-thing, this is a different problem.

That being said, people are talknig like refunds getting people banned is a new thing. Most gaming companies, or companies tht provide online services do this. If you DO ask for a refund from your bank, you are asking to get banned. It's not only taxing due to the aforementioned reasons, it is also relatively time consuming for all parties involved, except you. You are literally wasting their time AND taking money. You are potentially causing them to lose service with a bank or transaction company.

This was mostly a reply in warning to the person who commented that OP should chargeback through their bank/paypal after the fact of being forcibly refunded. As well as a general warning.

Just now, Lunaus said:

This was mostly a reply in warning to the person who commented that OP should chargeback through their bank/paypal after the fact of being forcibly refunded. As well as a general warning.

Ah gotcha. Wasn't trying to take away from the point because it's definitely something people on the forum need to understand.

I got the same issue, my PAYPAL payment made to NC, was not refunded, everything is cool, the payment I made with DEBIT VISA CARD, was refunded, most of it anyways not all yet. and I got the lock hammer. 

This is not a problem with us, since I did not issue a refund my self, I even went to ask my bank if they issued a refund or saw my payment was a problem, and they said NO. 

This is mistake made by ncsoft banning legit players who actually want to support their game.

Archived