Racist Rants on Faction Chat

WickedGamer

6 minutes ago, WickedGamer said:

There is no feature to report racist rants.  
Blocking them doesn't satisfy my need for justice. 
I'd like to see people who say racist stuff get banned.  

That's why I prefer the gold spam instead of  the troll wannabe kiddies in /f chat 

9 minutes ago, enem said:

create a support ticket and report them that way. there's an option to include a screenshot if you have it at the bottom of the ticket submission page.

yeah... that's a pain in the butt.  wouldn't take much for them to be able to add a "report abuse" when you report bots/spammers.

8 minutes ago, Seemslegit said:

That's why I prefer the gold spam instead of  the troll wannabe kiddies in /f chat 

yeah... agreed

3 minutes ago, WickedGamer said:

yeah... that's a pain in the butt.  wouldn't take much for them to be able to add a "report abuse" when you report bots/spammers.

it's a pain yes, but it provides you with an opportunity to add information to ensure the complaint is not being taken out of context. 

if it was too easy to *cricket* with people by reporting them for abuse then you'd have all the trolls doing it over and over again just to grief people. this way it takes a little bit longer but that's okay because you see it as the right thing to do. 

5 hours ago, Perhilion said:

Racism is prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Modern variants are often based in social perceptions of biological differences between peoples.

you can also add geographic location to this ..

THERE is no reason nor cause for it .. rather than hating learn to accept and one day you might find that there are things that you love instead 

racism is just hatred of something you don't understand and there for fear .. if you are afraid of the unknown i suggest you stay hone and disable all internet and phones as otherwise the unknown MIGHT find you easier

Just now, enem said:

it's a pain yes, but it provides you with an opportunity to add information to ensure the complaint is not being taken out of context. 

if it was too easy to *cricket* with people by reporting them for abuse then you'd have all the trolls doing it over and over again just to grief people. this way it takes a little bit longer but that's okay because you see it as the right thing to do. 

this is kind of a double edge sword ..

IF you report people for this you need an actual picture of said abuse to send to them which is probably why it isn't an easy tag and flag system

4 minutes ago, Kensho1996 said:

Racism is prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Modern variants are often based in social perceptions of biological differences between peoples.

you can also add geographic location to this ..

THERE is no reason nor cause for it .. rather than hating learn to accept and one day you might find that there are things that you love instead 

racism is just hatred of something you don't understand and there for fear .. if you are afraid of the unknown i suggest you stay hone and disable all internet and phones as otherwise the unknown MIGHT find you easier

Yup, in EURO servers you are being called racist and threaten to report if you dare to complain that the public chats should have english as common language when there are literally dozen spoken languages in a small area.

I bet even you with your wikipedia knowledge would not find that racist.

So there.

PS. My mothertongue is NOT english either.

5 hours ago, Krosa said:

ermmm..   but that's why it's all about context. even in that exchange you posted there's no context. none. nor is the original post mentioned. without that we cannot know for sure if there's anything offensive to get all the pitchforks out about. 

The thing is, dealing with racism is much harder that it might sound

the main issue being the parameters which define that term. Are jokes racist? Is religion related stereotypes fall under the same umbrella? Many question must be taken into consideration in order to determine how the system should work, which overcomplicate things.

A system where racism is specifically reported will probably be abused unintentionally (or intentionally) 

To include the serious cases only, a more general, yet more serious term should be used. like "Text Bullying " for example, which will also include more things like sexual harassment or bullying

Nonetheless, all those cases should be dealt with of course, people should be able to play peacefully, leave racism to Trump.

38 minutes ago, Aramco said:

The thing is, dealing with racism is much harder that it might sound

the main issue being the parameters which define that term. Are jokes racist? Is religion related stereotypes fall under the same umbrella? Many question must be taken into consideration in order to determine how the system should work, which overcomplicate things.

A system where racism is specifically reported will probably be abused unintentionally (or intentionally) 

To include the serious cases only, a more general, yet more serious term should be used. like "Text Bullying " for example, which will also include more things like sexual harassment or bullying

Nonetheless, all those cases should be dealt with of course, people should be able to play peacefully, leave racism to Trump.

Exactly. The whole concept is currently a huge power struggle anyways, and people use it right and left to push, poke or demean others into acquiescence. While True Racist issues should be dealt with, I would honestly prefer NCsoft to get a report, mull it over, and decide what to do with the situation then give the power to a bunch of players who would simply use it to ban anyone that disagreed with them.

• NCSOFT
1 hour ago, enem said:

create a support ticket and report them that way. there's an option to include a screenshot if you have it at the bottom of the ticket submission page.

NCSOFT does not tolerate racism or any other forms of harassing and offending behavior. As enem said, we highly encourage a ticket to be submitted to the customer support team and they will be able to investigate the players and take the appropriate actions.  You may submit a ticket here: https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us

Thank you for your support. ^_^

4 hours ago, Krosa said:

reading that, I could see where he could have not used the reference. it's not really obviously discriminatory, but he's referencing their color (can't see the color, so can't correlate with his frame of reference), and it could be construed as such. It would have been better to just say "strong women". I'm assuming that any other descriptive would not be necessary due to the conversation (looks like there were a few pics anyways...and the topic was about muscle definition) But I could see why they modified the comment. It wasn't spewing hate, but it was an ignorant addition that didn't need to be there.

On topic...this is the kind of stuff that needs to be handled and people informed, but punishing someone who did something like that severely only exacerbates the issue...it feeds the impression that racism is only a path to controlling people. We really need to inform, enlighten, and encourage, and only use drastic measures when the hate really is strong. it's one thing to correct someone who just didn't see it the right way, and another to deal with real hate. And if you seen that hate, you know what I mean.

3 minutes ago, Temjiu said:

reading that, I could see where he could have not used the reference. it's not really obviously discriminatory, but he's referencing their color (can't see the color, so can't correlate with his frame of reference), and it could be construed as such. It would have been better to just say "strong women". I'm assuming that any other descriptive would not be necessary due to the conversation (looks like there were a few pics anyways...and the topic was about muscle definition) But I could see why they modified the comment. It wasn't spewing hate, but it was an ignorant addition that didn't need to be there.

On topic...this is the kind of stuff that needs to be handled and people informed, but punishing someone who did something like that severely only exacerbates the issue...it feeds the impression that racism is only a path to controlling people. We really need to inform, enlighten, and encourage, and only use drastic measures when the hate really is strong. it's one thing to correct someone who just didn't see it the right way, and another to deal with real hate. And if you seen that hate, you know what I mean.

I remember that thread! And I remember that comment but I just skimmed it over. I don't find it offensive but I can see how some sensitive people could.

1 minute ago, Takeva said:

I remember that thread! And I remember that comment but I just skimmed it over. I don't find it offensive but I can see how some sensitive people could.

Are people really THAT sensitive nowadays?

1 hour ago, Kensho1996 said:

you can also add geographic location to this .

Awesome, I can't wait to get everyone who badmouths Americans banned from Jiwan!

I agree with some points in here, but overall most of what I see is lighthearted stuff (but I am on OMC).  Personally, I just think people need to grow a thicker skin (feel free to skin me over that, no pun intended).  Just saying, and I might need to take a class on this subject, but it's just text on the internet by an anonymous person.  It boggles my mind that people let it get to them personally (as most of the arguments nowdays on subjects are just because of this).  

Yes, I've read my share of news stories about this subject (not related to racism in some respects) and it still boggles my mind no matter how many times I read about it.

And....basically what Krosa said.

2 hours ago, Perhilion said:

The term racism has undergone an inflation recently due to butthurt and entitled people calling everything and everyone a racist.

Sorry, but when I see a Summoner running around with a cat named "Ni**erCat", what do you expect in that case?  Yes the g's were there as well, but I took them out for obvious reasons.  

Archived