Being charged for services that was originally free?

Foxnstuff

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Elvenmad said:

Exactly +1  just cant seem to get this across, some should go try play a genuine Eastern version and see how they play it, they would soon give up

I have played the Eastern versions. both China & Taiwan, and I still prefer their model over the western version. I never asked for free stuff. I asked what was ORIGINALLY FREE in the first place still be free instead of charging us for the material. I've dealt with the eastern market and I still feel it's a better market than NA right now. Regardless of EXP rates, the quests are literally the SAME thing over and over and over again, hence why I said it's a grind fest. Which is how it normally is in every other version so I really can't complain about that. However that's not the point. The point I made this post about is why NORMAL FREE ITEMS are no longer free. You either pay for them, or work harder for them when they where ORIGINALLY given to you in the first place. There is nothing to gain over that besides NCSoft getting a better stack in their wallets. There's nothing about being handed stuff on a platter or any of that.

1 hour ago, Foxnstuff said:

I'd be fine with that. It would kill a lot more bots and spammers and I'd get the full game.

You would be ok to pay per hour? I doubt it,plus ther cash shop is much more expensive then our.

And in korea they are famous about ther bot waves.Some servers there has more bots then players :D

Those things are free there because they don't relly on dragon bags selling to make part of the target...unlike here.Because is much more easier to sell materials everyone and hes mom need sooner or later rather then pray people may buy from some other person vip and baggies.

Are you 10 years old btw?

2 hours ago, Foxnstuff said:

I have played the Eastern versions. both China & Taiwan, and I still prefer their model over the western version. I never asked for free stuff. I asked what was ORIGINALLY FREE in the first place still be free instead of charging us for the material. I've dealt with the eastern market and I still feel it's a better market than NA right now. Regardless of EXP rates, the quests are literally the SAME thing over and over and over again, hence why I said it's a grind fest. Which is how it normally is in every other version so I really can't complain about that. However that's not the point. The point I made this post about is why NORMAL FREE ITEMS are no longer free. You either pay for them, or work harder for them when they where ORIGINALLY given to you in the first place. There is nothing to gain over that besides NCSoft getting a better stack in their wallets. There's nothing about being handed stuff on a platter or any of that.

I dont get u, u want free stuff even tho u still get it for free and even more. So what if cn,kr,jp had 2 invent slots for free by paying with ingame money, here u can unlock full invent and all wh and so on for free just have patience. So let me ask u this could u get cool costumes for free, could u open full invent for free in other version w/o even spending a single penny. its a BIG NO.  

7 minutes ago, Teffy said:

You would be ok to pay per hour? I doubt it,plus ther cash shop is much more expensive then our.

And in korea they are famous about ther bot waves.Some servers there has more bots then players :D

Those things are free there because they don't relly on dragon bags selling to make part of the target...unlike here.Because is much more easier to sell materials everyone and hes mom need sooner or later rather then pray people may buy from some other person vip and baggies.

Are you 10 years old btw?

Last time I heard an "how old are you joke" I was still on Dial up.

I meant a subscription base so they wouldn't need to add stupid "well it could be free, but you can pay for it instead" attitude. I'm sure they got bots too, gold farmers can afford that kinda crap unfortunately, but there is no doubt in my mind the numbers would decrease. That's a lot of money to keep making accounts just to get banned the next day. Your acting as if the original free 3 lines of inventory space is going to break NCSoft as a company.

3 minutes ago, Tsuzor said:

I dont get u, u want free stuff even tho u still get it for free and even more. So what if cn,kr,jp had 2 invent slots for free by paying with ingame money, here u can unlock full invent and all wh and so on for free just have patience. So let me ask u this could u get cool costumes for free, could u open full invent for free in other version w/o even spending a single penny. its a BIG NO.  

Costumes maybe not but full inventory? Yes. Yes you could. The daily spins was in the other versions too and they did have dragon pouches in them as well. I don't want free stuff, I want the stuff that was originally free in the first place to still be free and not a "pay for convenience" if you will. the first 3 slots where free btw.

3 minutes ago, Teffy said:

Thing is they don't ban them there at all....however they don't spam chats...but everywhere you go you end up infront of some huge insane bot wave lol.

Yeah. it's like that in all versions. I can guarantee it will be here too. However here is more of an annoyance.

@Fuz

Yeah. it's kinda pointless. Like I said, there where four slots in the other versions. I can't see why you have to pay for that. ESPECIALLY with the que times. Not to mention having to keep deleting characters and such and waiting for them to get deleted just to switch servers is lame.

6 minutes ago, Foxnstuff said:

Costumes maybe not but full inventory? Yes. Yes you could. The daily spins was in the other versions too and they did have dragon pouches in them as well. I don't want free stuff, I want the stuff that was originally free in the first place to still be free and not a "pay for convenience" if you will. the first 3 slots where free btw.

Ok than u could spin stuff and so on and how long it would take u to open full invent like that. As i recall true all beta weekends i got total of 3000 hongmoon coin thats a free cash shop currency and thats was enuf to open all my inventory and and bank almost, And pay, pay for wut if i can just play the game and get free currency. 

PS: And u can get the venture tokens just by doing dailies and instances is that rly hard work. I already got some and one of my friends got like 5 of em or so 

Gold to Ncoin and vice versa in the future, don't see what the complaining is about. Anyone who has played Gw2 enough to see that system, it works great and combats gold sellers from making profits.

Plus if you're playing any f2p or b2p model game, be READY, to at least have $100. I mean seriously, even a lot of *cricket*ing new games these days, even on console, are all DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC so it's NO different from f2p. Hell, if you are playing console, you already just shelled out $60 for the latest game.

4 minutes ago, Foxnstuff said:

I'm hobo but i`ll pretend i'm not but then again i'm hobo bur I`ll say I'm not.And Yet I'm hobo.Well you want the free stuff they have there but this come with a price.They have different models and thats why is free.If they had our it could be different.Then again Asian players are not bunch of crybabys and spitting poison for every little thing that is in the shop or in the game.They put mats in the shop,and asians just buy it.They don't QQ that some low lvl material that cost few silver is in the cash shop(demon horns) like I already read here was the case(obviously different topic).

Now Imagine if we had that free things and the packet that cost to have them for free - pay2berich and top geared.Would I buy 1k soulstones in our version if there was any? NO I would not...I WOULD Buy 10k. Deal with it.

4 minutes ago, Tsuzor said:

Ok than u could spin stuff and so on and how long it would take u to open full invent like that. As i recall true all beta weekends i got total of 3000 hongmoon coin thats a free cash shop currency and thats was enuf to open all my inventory and and bank almost, And pay, pay for wut if i can just play the game and get free currency. 

That's not the point! The point is that the FIRST THREE SLOTS WAS ALWAYS FREE. Not how you can get them now, not how you can earn them or work for them, not how you can blow joe schmo in order to obtain them now. It was ORIGINALLY FREE IN THE FIRST PLACE. NCSoft just decided well screw it, it's suppose to be PART OF A TUTORIAL QUEST ON HOW TO EXPAND BAGS but lets just either charge them for it, or make them do other stupid crap to get them for free a harder way.

I get that you can get them for free in other means. I understand that. That's fine and dandy. However, it is unnecessary as they where SUPPOSE TO GIVE IT TO YOU FOR FREE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

NO ONE should have to waste 8 Dragon Pouches for the first line right off the bat. It should of been coins - coins - 3 dragon pouches you get for free during the quest - THEN WORK FOR WHATEVER IS LEFT! Instead they skipped that to just make you pay for them immediately or earn it in some other means which is not cool because it was suppose to be given to you for free. Is it so hard to understand that?

NCSoft is screwing people out of dragon pouches for each character you own because you need to waste 8 when you could gotten 3 lines just for playing the game and doing the tutorial quest.

3 minutes ago, Foxnstuff said:

That's not the point! The point is that the FIRST THREE SLOTS WAS ALWAYS FREE. Now how you can get them now, not how you can earn them or work for them, not how you can blow joe schmo in order to obtain them now. It was ORIGINALLY FREE IN THE FIRST PLACE. NCSoft just decided well screw it, it's suppose to be PART OF A TUTORIAL QUEST ON HOW TO EXPAND BAGS but lets just either charge them for it, or make them do other stupid crap to get them for free a harder way.

I get that you can get them for free in other means. I understand that. That's fine and dandy. However, it is unnecessary as they where SUPPOSE TO GIVE IT TO YOU FOR FREE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

So wut u dont have em here either *cricket* up or u are free to leave and go play CN, We wont miss u neither ncsoft >..>

And i rly dont feel the need of it cuz still i can get it other way w/o any problems and im fine with that 

Just now, Tsuzor said:

So wut u dont have em here either *cricket* up or u are free to leave and go play CN, We wont miss u neither ncsoft >..>

THAT SOLVES LITERALLY NOTHING!

Like saying go ahead and screw me out of money NCSoft, let me pay for originally free content because I love you oh so much. You are literally the guy who LOVES on-disc DLC. You are part of the problem.

1 minute ago, Foxnstuff said:

THAT SOLVES LITERALLY NOTHING!

Like saying go ahead and screw me out of money NCSoft, let me pay for originally free content because I love you oh so much. You are literally the guy who LOVES on-disc DLC. You are part of the problem.

Which part u dont understand, that u dont need to pay to ncsoft for opening inventory even tho that was originally for free and its still for free and even more free than it was tho they used a bit different method to do it, do u even know wut type of business model NCwest is running, cuz it seems u rly dont.

3 minutes ago, Tsuzor said:

Which part u dont understand, that u dont need to pay to ncsoft for opening inventory even tho that was originally for free and its still for free and even more free than it was tho they used a bit different method to do it, do u even know wut type of business model NCwest is running, cuz it seems u rly dont.

How is it more free if you have to waste 8 Dragon Pouches when you start instead of coins! Please tell me how that is MORE free than paying coins first then 3 dragon pouches you get for free ONTOP of the daily spins you can earn them from in all other versions. Tell me how that is more free.

All i've seen so far is having to pay for content that I didn't have to at first. like the Character Slots and Inventory Space. Regardless of it being in a daily spin or not.

3 minutes ago, Foxnstuff said:

How is it more free if you have to waste 8 Dragon Pouches when you start instead of coins! Please tell me how that is MORE free than paying coins first then 3 dragon pouches you get for free ONTOP of the daily spins you can earn them from in all other versions. Tell me how that is more free.

All i've seen so far is having to pay for content that I didn't have to at first. like the Character Slots and Inventory Space. Regardless of it being in a daily spin or not.

Because you got those 8 pouches for free >_> common sense. Don't give me that "but it's a cash shop item" lel you didn't spend any *cricket*ing money on those 8 pouches. The more you keep talking, it'll just get ignored by NCSoft because of how little this issue is and literally NO ONE else has bothered to complain to this level.

9 minutes ago, Foxnstuff said:

Go play the game, get venture token (daily quests, instance dynamic quest box) buy 10 dragon stones (cost 10 silver ingame) and craft yourself Hongmoon coin and buy the bags for hongmoon coin (aka free shop). And Hongmoon coin is not the same as NCoin 

Ncoin --> U buy with cash and u get stuf from PAID ingame shop 

Hongmoon coin --> Get ingame for FREEE by doing FREE game stuff to buy from FREE ingame shop

And in my perspective thats free and even more free than any other version u played on >..>

You shouldn't have to do that extra amount of crap when it was free in the first place!

You didn't get those 8 pouches for free or the hongmoon coins, you wasted time buying dragon stones and wasting MORE in-game cash just to unlock 8 slots when you could of just spent a total of like 2.05 Silver and 3 free dragon pouches for it instead which as stated before, was obtained via tutorial quests on getting started.

That is not "MORE FREE" than the original way of doing it.

First, Those slots aren't "free" in KR version since you need to pay to play the game. 

And secondly, i think you have a problem with the word "free". 

Free means you don't pay any money for.  That is what we have in our version. You can get those bag with daily dash or with hongmoon coin. 

If you really want the original game with the 3 free slot like you are claiming for since the beginning, then play the P2P version of the game (KR one).

Just keep in mind that different publisher = different business model = different version of the game. 

Oh btw the original game is in korean. Maybe you want NCsoft to translate all over again our version in Korean to be the same as the original ??? 

deal with it. 

6 minutes ago, Sleyvin said:

First, Those slots aren't "free" in KR version since you need to pay to play the game. 

Free means you don't pay any money for.  That is what we have in our version. You can get those bag with daily dash or with hongmoon coin. 

If you really want the original game with the 3 free slot like you are claiming for since the beginning, then play the P2P version of the game (KR one).

Just keep in mind that different publisher = different business model = different version of the game. 

Oh btw the original game is in korean. Maybe you want NCsoft to translate all over again our version in Korean to be the same as the original ??? 

deal with it. 

Pay to play is not a terrible model. means there is no restrictions on "extended trial" aka f2p.

I don't have a problem with the word "free". I have a problem playing for service that was suppose to actually be free but I now have to pay for, or go to other measures to obtain it wasting my time.

I rather play the Taiwan version to be honest.

So what if it was in Korean? I Play other games in other languages I do not know and either play them normally or find English community translation patches which I have no problem using.

Dealing with getting screwed over is not solving any issues. NCSoft is forcing you to jump through hoops to obtain a service that was ORIGINALLY suppose to be given to you when you start every new character.

34 minutes ago, Tsuzor said:

Go play the game, get venture token (daily quests, instance dynamic quest box) buy 10 dragon stones (cost 10 silver ingame) and craft yourself Hongmoon coin and buy the bags for hongmoon coin (aka free shop). And Hongmoon coin is not the same as NCoin 

Ncoin --> U buy with cash and u get stuf from PAID ingame shop 

Hongmoon coin --> Get ingame for FREEE by doing FREE game stuff to buy from FREE ingame shop

And in my perspective thats free and even more free than any other version u played on >..>

So you´re saying that 2 silver from the other version is = to your 10 silver x 10. Nice math.

13 minutes ago, Sleyvin said:

deal with it. 

KR is not the only version, It´s funny it´s the only version you grab for your weak argument as an example while there is at least 5 other versions of the game.

You might wanna check on your bias before you end up like those guys from Archeage moot arguments over a game that had clear intentions from the start.

I see that people also mention the daily spin, you get those too in other versions and you get way more rewards such as max rank weapon gems just at the start of the spins and rare upgrade weapon slot gems + costumes. Wich I might add that costumes are silly in here and require way more RNG and some got stripped out of the game to be put into the shop while you could get them from drops or crafting in the other versions. There must be something wrong when I could stand 450+ ping on other versions with 3 endgame characters for months but somehow here I couldn´t even bare to spend a few hours.

Archived