Being charged for services that was originally free?

Foxnstuff

Why is it in Korea, China, and Taiwan, that you could unlock the first 3 lines FOR FREE of inventory space.

It was 5 Copper for the first line, some amount of silver for the 2nd line, and the third line had 3 bag expansions required which you GOT from the quest which was part of the tutorial.

In the NA version, you are IMMEDIATELY asked to use 8 bag expansions. I know you get some free, but you get some free in the other versions of the game too, and yet, you need to waste 8 for the first line, not counting the amount it gets later on for EACH line and as well as your stash space either.

I don't think anyone should be forced to pay for an originally free service.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure how far you've gotten in the game but that isn't the only thing that has changed compared to the other BnS Versions. Things like essential sacrificial weapons and materials for breakthroughs are no longer quest rewards, and are now instead RNG case openings or self-bought. It's a different region and it looks like the new system isn't going to follow the other publishers. 

5 minutes ago, Lioncor said:

You sure you're not confusing it with the bank space? You do get to buy slots there for ingame money a bit before it asks for bags.

well, as a player of both CN and RU versions, you unlocked half of your inventory and bank for in game copper and silver before you had to use special purchased unlock bags, and even then you got 1 rows worth from a quest,  I guess this is just  NCsofts business model, same as having to buy Ncoin to unlock the mail so you can send mail, 

Just now, Elvenmad said:

well, as a player of both CN and RU versions, you unlocked half of your inventory and bank for in game copper and silver before you had to use special purchased unlock bags, I guess this is just  NCsofts business model, same as having to buy Ncoin to unlock the mail so you can send mail, 

This exactly.

It feels out of all the other versions I played, this is the most restricted when it comes to having to purchase things with Ncoins. Like only having two character slots when other versions had like 4+. Kind of disrespectful seeing they went raido silence for so long and gives us a version that resembles SW:TOR's business model than anything else.

Yeah.. western is a more money driven/greed driven economy. Also korean/russian version of blade and soul are not the same. They are kept different through development, I highly doubt the western will catch up to the korean/russian any time soon as those clients will always get updates first. 

Edit: also, they already knew gold selling was going to be an issue in the western, so  you can say they bbasically added  it that way for them to get a cut.

12 minutes ago, Lemonaide said:

I'm not sure how far you've gotten in the game but that isn't the only thing that has changed compared to the other BnS Versions. Things like essential sacrificial weapons and materials for breakthroughs are no longer quest rewards, and are now instead RNG case openings or self-bought. It's a different region and it looks like the new system isn't going to follow the other publishers. 

From many other western releases you begin to notice a pattern, all western players think alike. They need to implement a walk around that benefits them. Yes giving stuff in other versions based on a completely different player base sounds good.. but it just does not work on the west.

PS: to the OP, you're not being charged, it's an option. It  also has a different requirement. They also give you a few bags for free, enough to open the first 2 if I remember correctly.

The inventory is restricted by need to use the Dragon Pouches this is true. You can use Hongmoon Coins however to purchase these pouches and get some via daily dash. So even though they are charging you for them, if you play enough they can be free.

1 minute ago, Yui said:

The inventory is restricted by need to use the Dragon Pouches this is true. You can use Hongmoon Coins however to purchase these pouches and get some via daily dash. So even though they are charging you for them, if you play enough they can be free.

Yeah but the point is they where ORIGINALLY FREE in the first place. The first two lines in inventory. NOT bank.

On top of that, the Hongmoon coins and daily dash also included Dragon Pouches as well as the first 3 lines being free.

1 minute ago, Offended said:

We use to just have the option to just buy bags. Next F2P mmo will have bag ownership certificates $5, then you buy all the pieces for the bags zipper $2, buttons $2 each x5, straps $2, patches x24 $2 each.

You are being grossly unrealistic, they added a currency in the game that allows players to save up and essentially get items that cost money for free. So they have changed the game to encourage players to spend those coins on the little things that make life nice. Like a new row of inventory. Yes the rows are originally free but they still can be free. They just will not be payable with In game gold, but in game Hongmoon Coin.

1 minute ago, Brand X said:

A little off on the title of the thread.  Pretty sure, this was never free in the NA version of the game.

Also, don't they make their money another way with those versions that many western players may not care for?

It's not free in the NA version of the game, but was in EVERY OTHER VERSION. That's the problem. Also the other versions "western players may not care for" also bought premium and other stuff via the shops threw Taiwan services. The players are USE to that base. It's now changed up and restricted even more. Do you honestly think the players who HAVE been playing the game the entire time want to go from a Pay to win service, to a not so bad pay to win service, to a even more restricted services in NA just for better ping? No.

17 minutes ago, Metalaggression said:

Yeah.. western is a more money driven/greed driven economy. Also korean/russian version of blade and soul are not the same. They are kept different through development, I highly doubt the western will catch up to the korean/russian any time soon as those clients will always get updates first. 

Edit: also, they already knew gold selling was going to be an issue in the western, so  you can say they bbasically added  it that way for them to get a cut.

The Russian is a private server, , while KR/JP/CN are NCsoft the owners, and concerning updates, NCwests main goal is to get us up to date with these as fast as posible so we can compete eSports with them.

But yes this is western version of a eastern game, and western publishers I am sorry to say tend to be alot more money hungry. 

Concerning updates:  

3 minutes ago, Yui said:

You are being grossly unrealistic, they added a currency in the game that allows players to save up and essentially get items that cost money for free. So they have changed the game to encourage players to spend those coins on the little things that make life nice. Like a new row of inventory. Yes the rows are originally free but they still can be free. They just will not be payable with In game gold, but in game Hongmoon Coin.

It doesn't give a sense of encouragement. It gives a sense of hey you need to pay for this, or work for it even though originally, we just gave them to you for free in the first place. Why do I have to work more for something that was SUPPOSE to be free. The game is already a grind fest in the first place. I don't want to do unneeded tasks for something that was given to me in the first place on all other versions.

4 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

The Russian is a private server, , while KR/JP/CN are NCsoft the owners, and concerning updates, NCwests main goal is to get us up to date with these as fast as posible so we can compete eSports with them.

But yes this is western version of a eastern game, and western publishers I am sorry to say tend to be alot more money hungry. 

Concerning updates:  

Could care less about eSports if the game is inferior to the other releases. They should be focusing on how far behind they are compared to everywhere else rather than eSports.

They are, they explain we will be getting a ton of content packed into the next few months to bring us up to date with other versions,  what part is so hard to understand, they launched this game at lvl 45 cap, to get players into the game and get the game out  and working, there are already bringing more content in 2 weeks.

Wow game been out just over a week, give them a chance !

1 minute ago, Foxnstuff said:

Could care less about eSports if the game is inferior to the other releases. They should be focusing on how far behind they are compared to everywhere else rather than eSports.

Did you selectively read their post. They said, the game was going to try to catch up in content and be the same, their drive was esports but they are focusing on how far behind they are. Which is what you complain about after quoting them.

You guys do realize that you're pointing out that this is a different version yet complaining that things are different? I mean, it should have been a given that this wasn't going to be a direct replica of versions available in other countries.  And as mentioned before, it's not like they aren't still free, you'll just have to work harder to get them instead of them being handed to you on a platter.

To be honest you dont realise how damn easy this version is, leveing to 45 and 45 content was far harder on original TW/KR/CN/JP versions, even the private Russian server was harder. WE have got very nerfed down level 45 content to help everybody lvl up, and you still complain 'its a grind'

In the end we will over the next few months have the exact same game as other versions have the official ones, the ONLY difference will be the business models, which is a no brainier obvious as we have total different economics and  gaming society to them.

You say you dont care about eSports, well, you should, for us to compete along side the other versions we have to have the same version and same things available in game, other wise its completely pointless, which they do say in the video 

Western mentality is full of shit.For real.

They want the free stuff from EASTERN versions but they don't want EASTERN game model - RNG boxes from which you get RNG box that has RNG chance to give you RNG top gem/BEST Weapon in the Game.Top tier materials in the shop every weekend.

I can imagine the salt and tiers if we had soulstones in the cash shop and poiting how player Y has top top top gear and 5k gold because he have credit card.

So make up your mind,you want eastern model with all pluses and minuses,or you want version that is avoiding cash shop advantage as much as possible,but instead some things are harder to get?

You can't have best of everything.

No mats,no rng boxes and free stuf asia have.You have to choose.But you know the salt and tears are actually very tasty.

9 minutes ago, Teffy said:

Western mentality is full of shit.For real.

They want the free stuff from EASTERN versions but they don't want EASTERN game model - RNG boxes from which you get RNG box that has RNG chance to give you RNG top gem/BEST Weapon in the Game.Top tier materials in the shop every weekend.

I can imagine the salt and tiers if we had soulstones in the cash shop and poiting how player Y has top top top gear and 5k gold because he have credit card.

So make up your mind,you want eastern model with all pluses and minuses,or you want version that is avoiding cash shop advantage as much as possible,but instead some things are harder to get?

You can't have best of everything.

No mats,no rng boxes and free stuf asia have.You have to choose.But you know the salt and tears are actually very tasty.

Exactly +1  just cant seem to get this across, some should go try play a genuine Eastern version and see how they play it, they would soon give up. 

I have max level characters on CN servers (China) played some JP too but had problems with language pack, and believe me THIS version we have is FACEROLL

Archived