General questions for BM PvP

Ayumee

Hey, real quick:

1. How do Assassins make it so they resist every cc in stealth / out of stealth? And how can they just break through a Parry like that. Sometimes I feel like parrying is just plain useless against an assassin cuz they can somehow stun right through it (from the front ofc)

I get some to like 50% sometimes, but then they swap positions (whats the CD on that even?), instantly appear behind me to stunlock me to death basically.

2. How do I beat a KFM? It feels hard to approach those guys because all they do is either pierce defense with some weird CC from above / stomp or counter on the ground, while standing, or just flip back out of every possible cc or Tab it out. And even if I get something to stick Im barely able to dish out any real damage.

So if I kick the counter, they fall down and counter again, but I cant kick that counter, so what am I supposed to do? Or what to do about them flipping back out of my Knockdown all the time?

It would generally be helpful for me if I could read up all the CDs of the enemy classes somewhere. I know Sins have a ground counter, but im always unsure about them having it back or not already. 

Generally Sins and KFM are the classes im really struggling with. They just keep countering / breaking out of everything, or as stated above somehow get through my 1 without even getting stunned.

I'm not saying those classes are OP or anything, so please keep that out of here. Im just desperately looking for some help against these 2 classes spefically.

Assassins are one of the most broken classes right now, along side destroyers.

I have a lvl 45 BM and am struggling to get above gold.

Assassins can break defense, and it stuns you when they do. They also have counter, which automatically blinks them behind you when you hit them during the skill. On top of that, the position swap skill is un-counterable unless you save your tab for it. Further more, there is no meaningful way for a BM to bring an assassin out of stealth if they are just chilling an waiting for their cds. Try to hit them with an aoe? joke.

KFMs have the same counter mechanic. You absolutely do not want to hit them when they are using counter. The animation for counter is when they spin their hands, like some tai chi move or whatever.

I don't know about KFM, but destroyer and assassins are definitely the most WTFOP classes right now.

In regards to BMs, BM is the only class which has to stand still when they use defense. Every other class can use counter / spin, moving around while being practically immune to most CC's.

When it comes to BMs however, god forbid that BM can take a single step while using defense. This completely *cricket*s BM's mobility, and if you defend for more than 1 second, you are basically going to get stunned and blown up.

When you say "The position swap skill is uncounterable"

What exactly do you mean, because Its constantly 'resisted' unless I use a move that stops you from defensive skills first.

Also, I'm a pretty Good sin. PM me if you want to spar and find out if I can back that up.

I was just DESTROYED by a lvl 37 BladeMaster in gold arena. DESTROYED. Picked a part, completely controlled, nothing I did worked, he counters all my counters, I re-built my character during the second round to no avail, I lasted longer but still had no options to damage the guy.

If you know how to play that class, Sin can't really stunlock you, and if we do stun you we lose our ability to do dmg. You probably need to level up.

Sins ground counter is the same as his standing counter, and has a pretty short cooldown. However, the skill itself doesn't last as long. IDK if there is an animation that shows me using it, I don't think there is. But typically don't be predictable with your attacks on a grounded enemy.

Also, your a blade master, you need to be doing air combos not ground combos, you can not counter or escape air attacks.

Sin has little to no CC/Stun recovery. Spam your long stun chains in to air launches.

My guess is that you rush in on the sin, hitting him in that counter stance (sry dont know skill names outside of my class) or hit him when hes down and ready to counter, atleast that is my usuall death sentance that I make for myself, other than that try to block them, q/e when you can and tab when they get ready to attack you in stealth. With good timing sin is not much of a problem if you dont hit counters on your own.

For KFM's I tend to strugle too but again q/e one of theyr stuns and you're good to go, allso they cannot block from behind so q/e and dash to arial is a decent combo if you're fast enough. As far as I could see KFM only has 2 unblockable skills, the kick on the ground and jump towads you, both can be dodged with q/e or ss if you're ready for it.

Either way its practice practice and more practice.

Big thing against KFM is DO NOT block when they're close to you. This enables their triple kick stun which pierces defense. They normally have to resist on Q/E in order to enable this skill, but blocking makes it a free stun. 

Also you can use Five Point Slash (knockup version preferably) against Assassin during their counter - it will actually follow them when they stealth and knock them up anyway. 

26 minutes ago, Rane said:

When you say "The position swap skill is uncounterable"

What exactly do you mean, because Its constantly 'resisted' unless I use a move that stops you from defensive skills first.

You have a pink skill on your tab that swaps positions with the enemy + insta stun follow up. There is no way for me, as a BM, to Q/E dodge, or tab stun you.

And yeah, of course blade masters do air combos. Have you seen the damage on BM air combos though? Without damage from ground skills, a BM would probably have to catch you in 15 air combos to kill you.

Yeah bro I know what my skills are.

I'm telling you its frequently resisted by opponents.

Don't tell me is uncounterable.

There are skills in this game that require you to predict and react to prior to being hit with them.

Such as every AoE move in this game that breaks me out of stealth and or pulls me to my death.

UNCOUNTERABLE? BM block can block the position swap skill... like did you even try to do that? And BM also has kick which pierces counters (including the sin counter-stun which was pointed out in the thread) and blocks as well and guess what? It stuns after it pierces just like the assassin one! Tab skill also kicks sins out of stealth and if you choose to give points into the knockback path of your soul blades you can counter their swift step skill (the one where they suddenly show up above your head during their stealth stance). You press the skill button right as they appear above you and it knocks them away allowing you to punish them greatly. That being said a proper sin player is also the worse matchup for BM in my opinion. Because you just can't keep up your focus against a perma stealth sin because the only skill you can rely on against them is your focus devouring tab skill. It takes a lot of practice and really good understanding/knowledge of sin skills to beat them as a BM. I recommend leveling an assassin for that.

Edit: Do not hit a downed assassin, EVER. I know that free focus you'll get from those hits look tempting to you but the punishment is heavier than the reward. Do not spam hit an assassin EVER. You never know when the counter will come unless you bait it out first and then you know it's on cooldown. Wait for them to use counter and then just kick them. Then you can hit them all you want without any fear of counter (don't get too carried away though the cooldown ain't that long. You should initiate a stun and then an air combo right after you get rid of their counter.) As you play against them (you probably don't have any trouble finding sin opponents with the arena being infested by them... Hell, I get %90 sin matchups...) you start to learn their stealth striking timings. They have one of those stuns that bypasses your block during their stealth phase and it's extremely annoying and it usually costs you half of your hp because of the following combos which makes sin the worst matchup for me but if you can predict it you are able to backstep to dodge it and then proceed to punish them heavily.

Source: I main a BM.

Never block when sin is at close quarters, stealth or not, as their break def is tied to RB.

Perma block when sin is far away in stealth as it forces them to get closer to apply that teleport knife (cant remember name now).

When they are outta stealth its guaranteed they start switch. Projectile is super hard to spot so try look when they swing their hand front for a while and then block.

Do not hit a downed assassin, EVER.

Yes it's indeed very punishing but but.. kick stuns them whey use that number 2 ground counter. BM F Divebomb also pierce def if you have bothered to spec it nor had points for it. This F has okay dmg but point starve is real :S

"Teleport knife"

Idk if your talking about our 3 skill from stealth, or our Shuriken but uh.

Both of them are pretty much long ranged attacks, the 3 attack from stealth jumps to you, hits you then jumps backwards restealthing if specced.

The Shuriken is also long range >_> So Idk how this is going to bait us closer

Be careful blocking to much while I'm stealth or else I'll just put a bomb on your back, drop a mine at your feet, detonate the mine, web you, moth you, hit you back in to stealth, and unload on you when the mine dazes you.

Archived