Force Master pve in general

LastMagus

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but i cannot come even close to attack speed of some folks from youtube. I have no idea it is cause eu servers are lagin or it's cause I have high ping (according to some speed tests I have ~40 ping to frankfurt servers). Can anyone from eu shows (vua YT or twitch) his fastest pve rotation on some current end game dungeons?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, VanMetal said:

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but i cannot come even close to attack speed of some folks from youtube. I have no idea it is cause eu servers are lagin or it's cause I have high ping (according to some speed tests I have ~40 ping to frankfurt servers). Can anyone from eu shows (vua YT or twitch) his fastest pve rotation on some current end game dungeons?

Well im assuming ur refering to animation canceling which as for what i run lets me fire off 3 skills in 0.8s (apparently the time it takes) which it cancels the animation i have some videos of me fighting bosses while doing it but basically (assuming ur an FM) u jus time ur LB and RB in tandem with each other so that they fire off in a very VERY close time window from eachother, for what I run I mix in speced 2 which fires all 3 of em off all at almost the same time which allows for very very high dps 

37 minutes ago, HiraiMomorin said:

Ani-cancel is pretty simple just need a little bit of practice, dont spam or hold keys. Ani-cancel actually slower than u think, just press LMB then R then 2 repeatedly 

I personally use the mouse buttons i havent tried it with r yet but i heard that makes it super easy.

Heres a vid i made showing how it looks like do note im not the best at it and while recording it makes it harder to do :3

13 hours ago, VanMetal said:

Make sure ur 2 LMB and RMB are specd in for increase attack and projectile speed. Because thats wht ani-cancel needs.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2016 at 0:34 PM, dmoe33 said:

Well im assuming ur refering to animation canceling which as for what i run lets me fire off 3 skills in 0.8s (apparently the time it takes) which it cancels the animation i have some videos of me fighting bosses while doing it but basically (assuming ur an FM) u jus time ur LB and RB in tandem with each other so that they fire off in a very VERY close time window from eachother, for what I run I mix in speced 2 which fires all 3 of em off all at almost the same time which allows for very very high dps 

Can we please stop using the term ani-cancel for FM's?  It isn't really animation canceling as there aren't any long animations to cancel.  Cutting your F bolts short cause you don't need that many orbs is ani-cancel but jamming 3 skills into a single 0.8 sec cooldown isn't canceling its just overlapping cooldowns.

1 minute ago, JayP said:

Can we please stop using the term ani-cancel for FM's?  It isn't really animation canceling as there aren't any long animations to cancel.  Cutting your F bolts short cause you don't need that many orbs is ani-cancel but jamming 3 skills into a single 0.8 sec cooldown isn't canceling its just overlapping cooldowns.

Well actually its quite the opposite u are still canceling animations they are very short yes but u are still canceling them also what else would u call it? The term dosent matter as long as u know what it is referring too, also fire fury u are not canceling the animation ur canceling the entire move itself. In animation canceling u cancel the animations of the move so u could either (depends on game rlly) make moves faster or stack them on top, in bns its to do them faster but the entire move goes through, with the furys whenever u stop the move is however much goes through thats not animation canceling 

Even in the current build, fire from what I've experienced is better for DPS overall. Problem with ice is that you can't maintain cold snap for the entire duration of a fight which is where ice gets it's damage from. While fire burn can be kept up indefinitely throughout the whole fight giving you those nice damage bonuses. Not to mention Blazing Beam being great filler damage or just using Fire Fury to reduce the CD of Meteor. Regardless of ice or fire build, I've rarely had a problem with focus. Just spec C so it regenerates focus or use Frost Fury to regain it. Only time I lose focus is when I lag and my crits don't proc Frost Fury. Not to mention your weapon being very generous in the amount of focus you regain. And if things get hairy, use Frost Sheathe or Frost Armor to regain focus.

Ice is great for mobs you actually struggle on due to the CC, and it's damage is still good. But fire can do the job just as well if you can use your evades and defenses effectively and efficiently. As for healing, Divine Veil Stage1Tier4 + Frost Armor will easily get you from low HP back to 100 if mobs keep on attacking you. Not to mention using that Divine Veil will also turn Frost Sheathe into a heal. FMs have one of the best heals in the game for when things get hairy. It protects you against EVERYTHING while healing you as well.

• 2 months later...
On 1/27/2016 at 2:17 PM, InoriYuzurihaDesu said:

Do the fire burn build (single target), its a decent dps, why u may ask? just simply look over button 2's t3s3 and compare that damage with its t3s4, and ice Z t3s3 with fire C t2s2, remember the main dps skills fire burn build is mainly RL2, not only u will have to spam 2, you will have spam RL2, if u master RL2 (RL2 in 1 gcd), then u mastered force master, gratz.

And by the way if u got aggro, its probably the tank not doing enough dps to keep aggro on him :/ life leech gem on the weapon should be fairly enough, if not spam few ice Fs, but keep in mind dont spam F because F is a dps loss.

Just a quick couple of thoughts for those who read this thread as reference...

I'm a solo player aside from "must party" content, just now at 41 on my FM. I've had absolutely no trouble at all doing 6 person dungeons (using fire more than ice) as long as the tanks can keep hate. FM absolutely WILL steal hate if you're not careful, even with a good axe swinging, so the issue is more one of knowing when to back off a bit or being very good at staying mobile without kiting and/or turning the mob too much. We can be almost as annoying as those "wonderful" blade wielders who think it's helpful to pick up the mob and carry him around...OUT of the range of our major AOE attacks. (Grrrrr....) 

As for skills, they're really very intuitive as you progress through the game and a matter of personal taste. I suppose that would be harder for someone speed leveling through the content without taking the time to experiment and understand the nuance of different strategies, but as blkcat13 (brilliant!) said, it really is an almost continual adjusting process, which to me is half the fun. Do be mindful, especially if you're in a party of friends, of your debuffs. It is an important part of the FM job. And don't forget the power of keeping Burn up as much as possible. That's the simple answer. Happy gaming!

8 hours ago, Suntwist said:

FM absolutely WILL steal hate if you're not careful,

That depends on tank. If you have good tank you can`t steal agro with your dmg. BM/KFM have tools to keep agro and if they use them, they can handle even 100 AP difference (tested).

Hi Dlacik!  Yes, while I pointed that out earlier in the post, perhaps I should have repeated that it depends upon the quality of the tank. I did not mean to imply that a well played Destroyer cannot hold agro. It also, obviously, depends upon level differences.  I really do have equal respect for all jobs in the game...especially the ones that keep me alive when I'm playing squishy jobs! *wink* Thank you for the opportunity to clarify. ^^ As always, happy gaming!

14 hours ago, Dlacik said:

That depends on tank. If you have good tank you can`t steal agro with your dmg. BM/KFM have tools to keep agro and if they use them, they can handle even 100 AP difference (tested).

The only factor is if they even spec it, almost all the pts i get into im always tanking when there is like 2 kfs/bms in the pt, guess thats one of the many downsides of pugging FeelsBadMan

On 2. 5. 2016 at 0:25 AM, Suntwist said:

Hi Dlacik!  Yes, while I pointed that out earlier in the post, perhaps I should have repeated that it depends upon the quality of the tank. I did not mean to imply that a well played Destroyer cannot hold agro. It also, obviously, depends upon level differences.  I really do have equal respect for all jobs in the game...especially the ones that keep me alive when I'm playing squishy jobs! *wink* Thank you for the opportunity to clarify. ^^ As always, happy gaming!

Just one correction. Destroyer isn`t the one designed as tank, he only have +50% threat buff with long CD, and their block has long CD. Blade Master and Kung Fu Master both have +150% threat buff that lasts longer than its cooldown so they can keep it up whole fight. They also have spamable block/counter to protect themselves.

On 3. 5. 2016 at 3:58 AM, dmoe33 said:

The only factor is if they even spec it, almost all the pts i get into im always tanking when there is like 2 kfs/bms in the pt, guess thats one of the many downsides of pugging FeelsBadMan

Well, situation in PUGs is rly bad. Many BMs/KFMs there haven`t picked their class to tank and they want to play it like melee dps. Some of them just give up on tanking because of how the PUGs are. If you want to tank dungeon first time you need some tries to learn the patterns, when to block and when to use iframes. Ppl in PUGs are usually impatient and they will blame the tank.

11 hours ago, Dlacik said:

Just one correction. Destroyer isn`t the one designed as tank, he only have +50% threat buff with long CD, and their block has long CD. Blade Master and Kung Fu Master both have +150% threat buff that lasts longer than its cooldown so they can keep it up whole fight. They also have spamable block/counter to protect themselves.

Well, situation in PUGs is rly bad. Many BMs/KFMs there haven`t picked their class to tank and they want to play it like melee dps. Some of them just give up on tanking because of how the PUGs are. If you want to tank dungeon first time you need some tries to learn the patterns, when to block and when to use iframes. Ppl in PUGs are usually impatient and they will blame the tank.

Yea pugs runs suck really bad in asura its rare to find a run that can clear. Whats even worse is when someone blames u and tries to tell u how to play ur class even though they either are a different class or dont know wdf they are talking about. I always get that as an fm Like example someone blamed me for not sheathing during a yeti att cause it was on cd and he got REALLY mad and started flaming me when he could of used one of his skills to protect himself/party, theres starting to be more and more people like dat idk

Archived