how did ncsoft do to break and ruin a game that has been runing on K for 5 years

Hunabs

1 minute ago, AshleyZX said:

Nice! :3

And yeah... Im sure that i paid like 60$+ already to Nexon for Mabinogi only... since its the only game I like from Nexon. Im sure that some day i will spend some money so i can have more inventory space with the dragon pouches, BUT I will wait a month or 2 and see how this game fix all the problems like: bots, The evil (1000)(132,1054) error that kicked me from the game every 5-10 minutes (I gave up and didnt play the whole day q.q), etc.... and then see if i will put some sweet moneh into it.

right now imo this games not worth spend money, there r too many cheaters, server problems, apmmers, bugs, etc and like i said if it keeps going this way theyre gonna last a couple of years then games gonna be forgoten like many others

This is not on NCSoft, the only thing they can do is damage control. The big problem and difference between the Korean servers and the TW/NA/EU/RU servers, is no consequences to cheating/exploiting/breaking the ToS/botting etc etc. In Korea, your account is linked to your Social Security Number, if they ban you on one service, you are banned on many, many entertainment services in Korea, thus creating a real consequence to your actions. In NA/EU, we don't have this sort of system, hence there are so many bots and goldsellers. Since they have this system, many Korean gamedevs can code their game full of holes to cut costs because not many will abuse what is out there, sadly it doesn't translate well in other regions.

You should look for some vids about the TW server and the bot armies that are running rampant there, 30+ bots doing the same action, NA/EU is nothing compared to that.

Plus GameGuard is pure high-grade garbage.

Without having any real consequences to your actions (being banned is nothing if you can just create a new account), bots/cheaters/exploiters/goldsellers will always be here.

Give NCsoft some time, atleast we can enjoy factionchat now.

3 minutes ago, Hunabs said:

right now imo this games not worth spend money, there r too many cheaters, server problems, apmmers, bugs, etc and like i said if it keeps going this way theyre gonna last a couple of years then games gonna be forgoten like many others

I hope it gets better, Years ago when i first saw a trailer of blade and soul I was so hype!!!

But i never wanted to play the korean version, etc... First for the language barrier and second because im sure that the lag/latency would kill me more than any boss battle...
And after so many years the wait is done

3 minutes ago, YuriScarlet said:

Its kinda hard without restricting F2P players. If there was such thing that can ultimately remove all bots without restrictions then almost all MMO would of been gone. if streamers would stop support gold sellers and people stop buying gold, then we wouldn't be in this situation.

but i cant understand how other game developers can do that and ncs that has 5 years knowing and managing this game cant do it, theyre just overpricing things, making difficult things so u buy membership, giving bad service etc, i just cant understand why if the game has so much potential they just let these things happen and ruin the game

2 minutes ago, Hunabs said:

Its not a new game.  It's very popular in Asia and already lasted in Asia for 4 years already.  Its a new release in NA/EU.  There are always lots of bug to fix when a game is newly released in a different area.  Stop being so dramatic lol

Just now, BabygirlMinx said:

Its not a new game.  It's very popular in Asia and already lasted in Asia for 4 years already.  Its a new release in NA/EU.  There are always lots of bug to fix when a game is newly released in a different area.  Stop being so dramatic lol

I would call it frustration more than anything else, lets just give it time (A better translation for skills would be nice, some of them dont explain the skill that good :x)

Well right now, I'm more annoyed by the queueing times; srsly, I have to wait 2 hours+ at peak times, like right now to be logged in? I hope they work on it, to process the log-in requests faster. In most other games a loggin queue of around 1k players is usualy solved within 10-20 minutes, my client right now says I have to wait 230 mins? WTF, that's not cool. Oh well at least I have time to go to shop some supplies right now...

1 minute ago, Hunabs said:

but i cant understand how other game developers can do that and ncs that has 5 years knowing and managing this game cant do it, theyre just overpricing things, making difficult things so u buy membership, giving bad service etc, i just cant understand why if the game has so much potential they just let these things happen and ruin the game

name some popular games that doesnt have a gold seller? as far as I know its always alot in f2p. it rarely exist in P2P, it only exist when there are millions of users and they are being funded by many players. Many f2p games that you dont see gold sellers have alot of restrictions. They dont have global party chats, but when there are...youll see the spam.

What they should be working on more is the constant client crashes, and the conflicting issues with asus and razer with the game... I can't even play it anymore since it crashes everytime it finishes loading the dragon logo on launch, usually followed by the classic 4049 error with gameguard. I never had these issues with beta, yet soon as I see gameguard, and such...all of this. I still had my razer mouse then too, and no issues.

Edit: Cause this will probably be mentioned, I disabled the razer scanner and chrome on startup and disabled them, and even tried synapse, reiinstall, repairs, and everything inbetween. Worked fine up till a couple days ago aslong as I disabled those two things in services.

5 minutes ago, Yed said:

This is not on NCSoft, the only thing they can do is damage control. The big problem and difference between the Korean servers and the TW/NA/EU/RU servers, is no consequences to cheating/exploiting/breaking the ToS/botting etc etc. In Korea, your account is linked to your Social Security Number, if they ban you on one service, you are banned on many, many entertainment services in Korea, thus creating a real consequence to your actions. In NA/EU, we don't have this sort of system, hence there are so many bots and goldsellers. Since they have this system, many Korean gamedevs can code their game full of holes to cut costs because not many will abuse what is out there, sadly it doesn't translate well in other regions.

You should look for some vids about the TW server and the bot armies that are running rampant there, 30+ bots doing the same action, NA/EU is nothing compared to that.

Without having any real consequences to your actions (being banned is nothing if you can just create a new account), bots/cheaters/exploiters/goldsellers will always be here.

We can enjoy faction chat now? how? The other day i filled my block list in less than a minute cause of gold spammers q.q

i had to delete the faction chat tab and only keep the clan one

11 minutes ago, Yed said:

that's a great explanation really

the SSN system is hardcore

The simplest way to fix the botting issue is to make it buy to play. 

I don't see why they didn't just charge for the game and then let you play for free afterwards.

To get people to play, they could easily give people trials up to level 30.

27 minutes ago, Ellz said:

The simplest way to fix the botting issue is to make it buy to play. 

I don't see why they didn't just charge for the game and then let you play for free afterwards.

To get people to play, they could easily give people trials up to level 30.

Cuz the MMO market has changed? I mean, NCsoft was always kinda ahead of their time regarding business models. Think about it, while MMOs were subscription based, they released GW and GW2, TESO and SWTOR failed because of their business models (among some other things, yes). Why spend 50 euros+ on BnS, when there is TERA, a game with sort of similar combat mechanics, that you can play for free? Dunno, I think in the world of online gaming micro transaction based games are the shit right now and way more profitable on the long run for the company.

7 hours ago, VHK said:

Cuz the MMO market has changed? I mean, NCsoft was always kinda ahead of their time regarding business models. Think about it, while MMOs were subscription based, they released GW and GW2, TESO and SWTOR failed because of their business models (among some other things, yes). Why spend 50 euros+ on BnS, when there is TERA, a game with sort of similar combat mechanics, that you can play for free? Dunno, I think in the world of online gaming micro transaction based games are the shit right now and way more profitable on the long run for the company.

It's weird how TERA barely has any bots, if you ever see one they're stuck on noob island because of the chat restrictions and how you progress through the story quest to get to Velika. But there's plenty of F2P games that I've played that rarely have any bots, and once found you report 'em and they're gone or they instantly delete their account knowing they'll be banned. Like Archeage for example, and Perfect World Entertainment has NOTHING but F2P games and I can't recall ever seeing a gold spammer, though I've botted and it doesn't make much a difference botting on those games sorta similar to how it's kinda worthless to bot in WoW when you can just buy gold off player auctions, lol.

3 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

It's weird how TERA barely has any bots, if you ever see one they're stuck on noob island because of the chat restrictions and how you progress through the story quest to get to Velika. But there's plenty of F2P games that I've played that rarely have any bots, and once found you report 'em and they're gone or they instantly delete their account knowing they'll be banned. Like Archeage for example, and Perfect World Entertainment has NOTHING but F2P games and I can't recall ever seeing a gold spammer, though I've botted and it doesn't make much a difference botting on those games sorta similar to how it's kinda worthless to bot in WoW when you can just buy gold off player auctions, lol.

True. Maybe all this game needs is some time? I mean there a lot of things in BnS that I, personally, don't like about the market system; it has to many restrictions, making cash in-game is a pain in the arse, thus allowing for botters to go and scam people of their real-life money by those "BUY GOLD HERE" offers. Speaking of which: I was actualy quite surprised after logging into this game for the first time 2 days ago or so, that people are able to announce that shit so openly in all chat. Stuff like that is considered a no-go in most MMOs. NCsoft has to sharpen up their policy against bots and scammers and allow to use the marketplace more freely (stil don't get it, why I can't sell the heroic boss loot from the first heroic dungeon in the game, but kay).

Maybe (and actualy hopefuly) things gonna change as the game gets older, otherwise this is gonna be a risky thing for NCsoft; some people might think, that they are just gonna milk the cow as hard as they possibly can, with their prem memberships and stuff, while the loggin queues are up to two (!) hours, and the chat is pure anarchy. Would be realy sad, if this game dies off because of that, cuz I actualy enjoy it a lot.

27 minutes ago, VHK said:

True. Maybe all this game needs is some time? I mean there a lot of things in BnS that I, personally, don't like about the market system; it has to many restrictions, making cash in-game is a pain in the arse, thus allowing for botters to go and scam people of their real-life money by those "BUY GOLD HERE" offers. Speaking of which: I was actualy quite surprised after logging into this game for the first time 2 days ago or so, that people are able to announce that shit so openly in all chat. Stuff like that is considered a no-go in most MMOs. NCsoft has to sharpen up their policy against bots and scammers and allow to use the marketplace more freely (stil don't get it, why I can't sell the heroic boss loot from the first heroic dungeon in the game, but kay).

Maybe (and actualy hopefuly) things gonna change as the game gets older, otherwise this is gonna be a risky thing for NCsoft; some people might think, that they are just gonna milk the cow as hard as they possibly can, with their prem memberships and stuff, while the loggin queues are up to two (!) hours, and the chat is pure anarchy. Would be realy sad, if this game dies off because of that, cuz I actualy enjoy it a lot.

I'd sooner go back to the CN version, I enjoyed it there and never had an issue with making gold purely from selling items I didn't need from dungeons or from the daily dash/cash shop bonuses you get along with paying for premium (you got a daily box with a random item in it, was a nice lil perk) OR from selling the rest of my CS coin for actual in-game gold which NCSoft says the game has through the prem membership details but I have yet to see it.

Archived