Assassin Camera Zoom Bug?

Aiezen

Hey everyone, like the title says I'm trying to find out if the issue I keep experiencing as an Assassin is a bug or actually how the camera is supposed to be. Now before you stop reading and post a quick response, no I'm not talking about the 1 second delay after using Decoy. Also I was going to put this in General Discussion as I'm not sure if this is a Bug or not, but due to the alarmingly fast rate at which posts are being created over there, I thought it better to make the post here in the Bug Report section.

What's happening is: I keep my camera zoomed all the way out to get a good view of everything, and when I go into Stealth and use the number 3 skill (I believe it's called Swiftstep), when the skill is over my camera is zoomed all the way back up to my characters back. It also seems to happen if I do a full air combo (please excuse me as I don't know all the names of the skills yet) But it's when you go in stealth or not, kick them up into the air, attack while their in the air. then end the combo with the Piledriver-like skill.

I've tried to adjust all the camera settings in the options (one setting in particular seemed promising as it said something like "keep camera zoomed on character during animations" or something similar) but nothing seemed to help. I even tried re-logging after changing each setting just to be sure.

While this issue is not completely game-breaking for me, it is however extremely annoying to have to readjust the camera after every mob or so! So annoying in fact that I've actually stopped playing my Assassin and have been working on my BladeMaster.

After searching the Forums for answers I did find one post during CBT1 where the player had the same problem it seems, but he/she got no response to the issue. Please if you've experienced the same problem, please comment. I would really like to know if I'm the only one in the live release still dealing with this annoyance. And maybe possibly get the devs to shine some light on the issue, if it is in fact a real issue at all.

Here's the link to the CBT1 post I mentioned. And thank you all for taking the time to read my post!

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/140206-zoom-resets-very-often/#comment-1422915

this happens to me as well. but i don't think would be classified as a bug, rather a feature you would like. the reason your camera resets, is because the cinematic kills like your swift step and pile driver where the camera moves to a fixed location during the skill then resets behind your character on completion.

On 1/28/2016 at 11:38 AM, ARustedKnight said:

this happens to me as well. but i don't think would be classified as a bug, rather a feature you would like. the reason your camera resets, is because the cinematic kills like your swift step and pile driver where the camera moves to a fixed location during the skill then resets behind your character on completion.

In what way would I or anyone like this? It should set the camera back to the distance it was before the cinematic effect. Instead it zooms way in making it hard to see and after every stealth 3 you must mouse wheel out to fix the problem so you can see again.

This SHOULD be classified as a bug because it shouldn't be intended to screw with someone's point of view.

Another example of when it's extremely frustrating is during the final boss of Blackram Narrows. The Devourer is so large, I kind of need that far away camera zoom just to get a good idea of what's going on. Every time the camera resets itself it's so close up that I can't even see the attack area floor patterns, I have to take 1-2 seconds every time to scroll my zoom back out just to see what's going on and by then if your not extremely quick, it could very well be too late.

All I'm really looking for is a confirmation on whether this is intended, or just an unexpected bug as it will deff determine if I continue to main Assassin or not, and I do believe I'm not alone on that. I've played a fair amount of mmo's in my day and I can't really think of any game with a class that had a skill that reset the camera distance after using it. Maybe someone else can think of one? Maybe if there were others I would not feel so frustrated by it? lol idk..

Archived