Forums

Kill Trading

Velon

It's not illigal, it's not against the rules, I don't mind people doing it.

I don't like the quest itself. It forces you to kill other players, some of which are there just to do their damn dailies for the damn crystals and get the hell out to poh or blue dungeons for example. On top of everything if you're in a group and 5 people jump on one guy they all get credit for it, which encourages ganking.

Before you even start about it, yes, I know it's PVP dailies and you're supposed to kill other people. But NCsoft really should learn the difference between hard and annoying.

All the PVP dailies right now are simply annoying, no exceptions. Here are some examples:

1. Loot the 20 seconds cast time thingy.

How it's supposed to work: It has a long cast time so they get contested by players, killing each other so they can loot first.

How it actually works: You just killed all surrounding enemy NPCs so you don't get interrupted. Well, 1 respawns and interrupts you. You kill it, other respawn and interrupt you. Annoying as hell.

2. Kill the Enemy NPCs in the enemy base (including miniboss).
How it's supposed to work: The enemies are in their base, so you have to fight enemy players which protect their camp.

How it actually works: Change channels until you find one in which your 50+ people are farming the enemy base for tokens. Meanwhile get 10vs1 gank butt raped if you hit a wrong channel, then wait 2 minutes on top of your tree by the guards. When you find the right channel for you, either spam "inv" for 5 to 10 minutes so you can get miniboss or try to steal tags. GL with that if there are like 50 people there.

Don't QQ about the traders, they just want to do the damn dailies and gtfo. Some people just don't like to PVP (I'm not one of them, but I understand) and the game forces you to PVP, since the PVP dailies are the main source of soulstones, which are main material for a lot of stuff. You will say "you can just buy em off the AH"? Yeah, you can spend 30 silver per one... Still incredibly overpriced imo.

Should be given a warning on your account and a 24 hour suspension minimum.  If it's not against the rules it should be, it's exploiting the system.  The developers of the game did not create factions with the intent of willingfully trading kills to cheat the system.

This trading is not part of mass events such as sieges where you have contribution ranking system and you steal the reward from honest players.

This is strictly individual quest and is not affecting anyone else around.

Everyone is doing it,but here in West not so - in Asia actually most people don't gank questers.If they want to pvp they stay up between the two camps(where dragon spawn) and fight there.

1 minute ago, Teffy said:

This trading is not part of mass events such as sieges where you have contribution ranking system and you steal the reward from honest players.

This is strictly individual quest and is not affecting anyone else around.

Everyone is doing it,but here in West not so - in Asia actually most people don't gank questers.If they want to pvp they stay up between the two camps(where dragon spawn) and fight there.

And that's why the questing system works there, because people have brains and realise that behind that questing character with a red name there is a person which is there for a reason and they don't ruin other people's day for fun.

Something I can't say about the europeans or americans...

OH LOOK! A PERSON WITH ZERO PRESTIGE POINTS LOOTING A SOULSTONE WITH UNCONSCIOUS GUARD NEXT TO HIM, WHICH WILL GIVE ME ABSOLUTELY NO REWARD IF I KILL HIM! MY PARTY OF SIX PEOPLE, CHARGE FORWARRRRRDDD! RAWR.

Let people quest, we don't give a ship if you think it's wrong or exploiting. As I said not everyone here is a PvP person, but soulstones are need.

/thread

Why play a game if not the way it's supposed to be played? Kill trading is not against the rules but it's not right either. The amount of times i have seen people cry about pvp in games (in general) and whenever they get the chance to pvp they just trade. According to your logic it's ok to win trade in arena also just to climb higher, right?

The whole mentality is just wrong.

AS FM I hate open world pvp,especially with the limited skill points we have now.FM is class that literally has to change few skills against each damn class - there is not univeral build to go in open world pvp as FM,and thats annoying as fck.

16 minutes ago, Velon said:

Why play a game if not the way it's supposed to be played? Kill trading is not against the rules but it's not right either. The amount of times i have seen people cry about pvp in games (in general) and whenever they get the chance to pvp they just trade. According to your logic it's ok to win trade in arena also just to climb higher, right?

You missed the entire point completely... Since when was completing a daily competitive? Nice try on the arena analogy...

16 minutes ago, Velon said:

That's a totally different thing and your point is invalid as hell...

Can't you just imagine for a second that there are people that don't like pvp? Just imagine it, whoah, they exist. I know it's a shock, but trust me, they do.

This quest encourages ganking and basically ruining the day of people. That's not how it's supposed to work, but that's how it works.

Wintrading in arenas is totally different thing.

Just read my damn post and stop talking bullpoo.

Asians do it all the time and most of them will whoop any western crybaby pvper wannabe anyday anytime.Do they find it wrong? No - it just save time to not switch channels like dumb trying to find that one lonely quester to get 1/10 kills.Then keep changing and running like super dumb person for 2h to get...2 soulstones lel.

I agree it is efficient but imo it ruins the game. I feel misunderstood here, i am not saying that it's not efficient or that it doesn't make things easier. I am just saying that it's not the right way to deal with the pvp quests. I rather have someone arrange a massive faction battle.

17 minutes ago, Velon said:

I agree it is efficient but imo it ruins the game. I feel misunderstood here, i am not saying that it's not efficient or that it doesn't make things easier. I am just saying that it's not the right way to deal with the pvp quests. I rather have someone arrange a massive faction battle.

I agree it may not be as intended, but it's a necessary evil in a world where time = money.

2 minutes ago, ThatPlayer said:

Gesh, why do you guys even play PvP games?

I'ts funny because before the game came to NA I knew NA players would have their suits off most of the time and trade kill. 

Yes, because hunting fresh 45s with 13K hp that don't stand a chance is so much fun.

Just now, Sync said:

Yes, because hunting fresh 45s with 13K hp that don't stand a chance is so much fun.

It's not "hunting", pvp is pvp gear up or run with friends, it's not that hard. Especially since most people in this game is complete garbage. I could kill people with the pvp soul shield set before I  had it. 

I don't know why people expect to not die in PvP games, it happens to even the best players.

6 minutes ago, Sync said:

So why would I spend 20 minutes looking for people I know I can kill when I can just do it in 5 or less?

because in this way its the game,pvp its not pve.

also not all players are doing trade,so why others need special rullz?

If I want to pvp I`ll go arena,because there I know whos I'm fighting and I can spec accordingly and have fair 1v1.Arena without beans and just summoners at high ELO atm is no fun,but eventually when we get pre-season things will change.

As FM the difference between specced for pvp and pve is here from moon.Difference between specced for summoner and specced for BM is from here to moon as well.Whats the fun in open world pvp where 1v1 is like who jump first or have bigger zerg.

was doing faction daily quest today... i see another player from a different faction, doing the same quest.  i leave him alone and dont attack.  hit f to do the quest... he waits and attacks me.  fn annoying.  this is making me want to kill all blue on sight.  mushin is run over with blue's doesnt matter what channel i hope to.  making it impossible to do faction daily quests.

if soulstones were to drop from somewhere else, i would not be doing faction quests.  ncsoft your pvp open area is toxic.   stop telling people to take off their faction outfits.

how are we suppose to get soulstones?  we need those to evolve our weapons/accessories and they dont drop from anywhere else, besides that one drop rate dungeon

not all of us want to do open are pvp.  we are forced to, if we want to upgrade our weapons/accessories

Archived