Chapter 14 NPC Bug

Legenden

Finished my "Chapter 14: The Sand and the Fury" quest. The problem happens when i try to turn in the quest at Yonkai. 
The conversation gets stuck and i can't do anything but exit the conversation. Since the support are clueless i'm asking you guys as my last hope before i quit this dying game.  

The quest highlited:

3UjzTb4.jpg

The part where the conversation get stuck and i have to press "exit"
cJKWyXK.jpg

Just got to this point with my second character, got the exact same bug at the exact same moment in the dialog. There should be a cutscene starting here, but instead I just see the "[ESC] Skip" thing on the bottom right of the screen while still being in the dialog. From this point, the only way to quit the dialog is to clic Exit. After that, the NPC is locked into that state whenever I try to speak with him. Restarting the game didn't change anything. I can't level my Blademaster any further because of that. Needs to be fixed ASAP.

Edit : Just tried to change the language of the game (from EN to FR) but it didn't fix the issue. So it's not the EN client only.

Edit 2 : Just tried to log in from my girlfriend's computer and it worked. So the problem seems to be coming from the client, but only for some people.

I just came to say that a clanmate had the same problem as OP. Exactly the same. I went through a troubleshooting session with her through skype and we (well she actually :D) somehow got it working again. Now im not sure what the actual solution is but this is what we went through, hopefully it will help other ppl who have this problem as well!

Steps:

1. Right now she is in the same situation as OP is. When there should be a cutscene playing she is not getting it. She can also not continue the quest, no F button appears. When she exits the conversation with Yonkai all the other NPC's around him have the exact same line as Yonkai and exact same problem.

2. She teleported to Sandstone Refuge.

3. She went to an NPC with a completed blue quest.

4. She talked to the NPC and turned in the quest that was previously completed already.

5. She went back to talk with Jinbin, the NPC she had to talk to previously before needing to talk to Yonkai (see quest history). For this she had to enter a phased area as everyone needs to do. I just thought this might have been an important little detail that needed extra emphasis.

6. She teleported back to Yonkai.

7. She started talking to Yonkai and the story quest appeared clickable again.

8. She got to the same line that blocked her previously but this time she could continue.

9. The cutscene started playing, I told her NOT to skip the cutscene and let it play fully.

10. After the cutscene finished she could continue the quest and completed it successfully.

As you can see this might be a phasing issue. The line Yonkai was bugged on was repeated at all the surrounding NPC's she talked to afterwards. They said exactly the same. However when she switched instances (from his encampment to Sandstone Refuge requires normally speaking walking through one of those phasing circles that you can walk through, you know those circles when you enter a new area that loads said new area) and talked to a different NPC that she had a quest with that could be completed, the bug was probably resolved right there. It could be that when you successfully compelete a quest that a hidden "quest-mechanic" gets reset in the game code and it starts counting again or something. Anyway idk how they programmed this game im just guessing. After that mechanic got reset maybe that solved the stuck mode Yonkai was in and the next time she would talk to him again it would start as if the previous bug never happened.

That or what might have fixed it is talking to the previous story related NPC Jinbin. Though I highly doubt that...

Or what also might have fixed it is just simply changing instance. From Yonkai's encampment teleporting somewhere where you would get a loading screen would trigger said new instance.

There are three different theories of why this worked as you can see. But for now, untill this issue has been fixed, it does not matter. What matters is is that we now finnally have a temporary workaround for this issue untill devs fix it. If you follow the steps my clanmate had done in order then this will probably solve the issue for you too, sounds more reliable and easier than switching to a different client and logging in there... That said, as a side note, she was at her house where two computers(desktop, laptop, not sure) had the B&S client installed. She logged in on both and the problem remained. So what I can conclude from this is that this problem does not lie to the client but to the character! Either that or somehow by some major unluck both of these clients showed the exact same problem somehow. But come on, that seems unlikely... right?

Anyway sorry for the wall of text but this wall might save your character so think twice before you post TL;DR! xD

Here I am!
Ive got the same problem, tried everything and finally found the solution! It's rly simple.

Just before u go to talk with Yonkai, U have to read the letter with a blue quest which is in your invenotory ( should be atleast ). Then go and finish this blue quest ( just talk to the NPC next to Yonkai ). Thats all, now u can go ahead to finish your main quest with Yonkai :)

Hope, it will help u guys.

"Cricket, read the letter!"

• 4 weeks later...

Hi 

I had the same problem as well.

I couldn't see "[F]" when I talked to Yonkai and other NPCs repeatedhe same line with Yonkai....

What I tried was 

1. teleported  to Bambo Village and came back to Yonkai Work Camp

2. abandoned all unfinished quests(even red quests)

3. quit the game and lauch it after 1 hour

4. talked to Yonkai and i could see "[F]" and watched all clip ( no skip ) 

then finally submitted the quest!

thanks all

Archived